Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Refugium of the Gods (IC)  (Read 4214 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Refugium of the Gods (IC)
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2021, 12:39:37 am »

Divine Records
Spoiler: Nobody (Glass) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EMPTY (Demonic Spoon) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cresceele (IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gibeele (Egan_BW) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Absolute (Shadowclaw) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Belyom (Shadow Dragon) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 01:23:19 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2021, 12:49:56 am »

A burbling mass of eels and spiky tar claws it way out of the ground in district 8, coalescing into Gibeele. It gestures with its snout towards the injured crabs, then back towards [] and {}.

"I am going to have a problem with this. Your child would appear to enjoy harming mortals. I don't suppose you'll reprimand it?"
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2021, 01:30:03 am »

*ding!*

DeityActs  StockpileIncomeExpenses
Nobody
+3, +2-0
[]
+3, +2-0
Cresceele
+3, +2-0
Gibeele
+3-0
Absolute
+3-0
Belyom
+3-0

A burbling mass of eels and spiky tar claws it way out of the ground in district 8, coalescing into Gibeele. It gestures with its snout towards the injured crabs, then back towards [] and {}.

"I am going to have a problem with this. Your child would appear to enjoy harming mortals. I don't suppose you'll reprimand it?"
Recordings indicate that {} was following its instructions. No reprimand is required.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 01:34:55 am by Demonic Spoon »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2021, 01:35:52 am »

"I see. And do you understand that some of us might object to the instructions you gave to your child?"

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2021, 01:43:53 am »

"I see. And do you understand that some of us might object to the instructions you gave to your child?"
Polls among deity demographics of end and wealth indicate that they object to you bothering them.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2021, 01:50:02 am »

Gibeele growls, an echoing, chiming sound.
"Well, that's good for you, at least? Why don't we ask the mortals how they feel about this, hmm? Perhaps a little input from them could be useful?"

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2021, 02:03:13 am »

Gibeele growls, an echoing, chiming sound.
"Well, that's good for you, at least? Why don't we ask the mortals how they feel about this, hmm? Perhaps a little input from them could be useful?"
A review of available codices of City Council law indicates that it is not a democratic institution and that mortals do not have suffrage. As such their input has little utility or relevance.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2021, 02:13:41 am »

"No such records are available to us. Your appeal to the Rule of Law is void. When the law is at all times only what you dictate it to be, there is no law, only Rule of God. Then, do you posit that you have authority over these beings simply because you are more powerful than them, and are able to enforce your will?"

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2021, 02:19:32 am »

"No such records are available to us. Your appeal to the Rule of Law is void. When the law is at all times only what you dictate it to be, there is no law, only Rule of God. Then, do you posit that you have authority over these beings simply because you are more powerful than them, and are able to enforce your will?"
There is no record of [] claiming to have authority over mortals. Such authority seems irrelevant. None of our actions have been authorised by any rule of law beyond the mandate of our own existence. Your request for mortal input was interpreted and attempted to be assigned to a framework within which it might be useful, as requested, but no such framework was identified, mortal input remaining consistently useless.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2021, 02:53:41 am »

"...Be quiet, fiend. I am through discussing this with you."

Gibeele lowers its head down to the level of the street and whispers to the crabs.
"Worship me and you will have nothing to fear from your oppressor. It is cruel, but I am kind, and I offer you the power to fight back. What say you?"

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2021, 03:26:51 am »

The Puppeteer Angels were, in hindsight, a flawed aspect of Belyom. Their design had not considered the available resources. Their interfaces were limited and unencrypted. Their minds were capable of deviating from her will. (Although that was presumably a necessity for their primary purpose.) Nevertheless, they would be adequate with proper support.

To that end, Belyom drew from the genomes of ten thousand species, few of which had ever been seen before, even in the world beyond, blended them together with skill that had not been seen in an age, and wrapped each of the myriad creatures in her cloning pods with a symbiotic mold to stabilize their bodies and allow them to survive even without any prey.

Within hours, her internal drones were herding chimeras in the general direction of the villages of her angel-drones.

3? Acts: Create Life (Mildly Magical Animal?): Create Fungal Chimeras in District 4
Spoiler: Fungal Chimeras (click to show/hide)
Issue an internal instructional bulletin to all Puppeteer Angels informing them of the Fungal Chimeras and their duties, namely worshiping me and surveying District 4.
Append a favorable review of Gibeele's work to the bulletin that reaches the angels kidnapped by {}.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 12:37:48 pm by ShadowDragon »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2021, 09:04:19 am »

« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 09:44:32 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2021, 10:26:56 am »

"Worship me and you will have nothing to fear from your oppressor. It is cruel, but I am kind, and I offer you the power to fight back. What say you?"

Many of the crab creatures looked back and forth between the beings before them. A terrifying eel, with arms and spider legs jutting out, oozing black slime. A indistinct vacuum, changing size and shape, with a shadow most sinister. Generally the consensus is that they already know the shadow to be cruel, and they fear moreso that master of that shadow is even more so. Yet, they fear death more than cruelty. Few would speak, for the know it could likely mean their death at the hands of that quiet darkness who broke their bodies so easily. Most all have lost the will to fight, their ability to run taken from them, and have either abandoned hope or committed to doing whatever it takes to survive.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2021, 10:49:10 am »

Gibeele straightens up, crying a black tear.
"Very well then, I understand. You've seen that beast's power firsthand, haven't you? You fear it more than me, and I haven't demonstrated my ability to protect you. Perhaps you feel that Nobody can help you, that Nobody will give you a safe haven."

The tear falls to the street, a droplet of tar. Where it hits, a bauble appears. The tiniest of things, surely inconsequential and below notice, right?
4 Acts: Create Artifact, 2 Size 3 Severity.
Spoiler: The Rebel's Pin (click to show/hide)

"If you dare not speak, then know that actions speak louder than words! I seek not absolute power, I will not be a lord, I will not be your sole protector, you must be able to protect yourselves! But I can-"

Whip my tail around with force and bring it down on top of {}, aiming to smash it into the ground.
"CERTAINLY HELP!"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2021, 11:08:37 am »

"Perhaps you feel that Nobody can help you, that Nobody will give you a safe haven."
A softly-glowing figure turns the corner, suddenly bearing witness to a scene wherein an eel-beast-god is loudly attacking a dark nothingness while a crowd of bonecrabs fearfully watch on.

...what the fuck is going on here, and why was I called?

They look over the crabs a moment.

Ah. You must be Belyom's works. A poor decision on their part to build you without proper hands. You will be requiring shelter, I take it?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6