Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Circadian Dice  (Read 10931 times)

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Circadian Dice
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2021, 11:18:18 pm »

I also remember seeing something that gave a percent chance that sacrificed enemies would stay captured after giving you the sacrifice effect, but I can't find it. Maybe it was a rare item from a chest.

That's probably the Skeleton's on-sacrifice ability, which means it's practically worthless unless you're packing a bunch of sacrifice skills and no summon ability. Or the Demonicon, which sorta works like that for imps.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 12:47:06 am by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2021, 04:25:38 pm »

Now that you point to the hard mode version of that damned broken horrible boss, i just noticed that those special items aren't ported to hard mode if you got them in normal mode, it looks like you'll have to re-earn them for the hard mode too .
Too much self inflicted pain for me :D

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I had some die faces that were keys with other stuff, but didn't manage to roll them, so I had to increase my attack multiplier before the capture so I could kill the chest with 3 single swords. Also, only managed to roll the capture on the last die roll of the last round.

Getting a rollover fang on the first die was pretty nice, because 3 attack (with the relics I chose) is enough to take out the monks. Adding lifesteal and stun (cost 2 white gems, but worth it) to that was mostly just for fun. Adding it to the double axes was what kept me alive.

Edit: The chaos realm counts as beating a level for unlocks. The 12 hard mode levels unlock is a weird one. It mutates one enemy (possibly a boss) each wave, which increases your score and xp gained from that enemy. You also randomly gain a multiplier, gem, gold, temporal gold, shield, or health when you defeat a mutant. Probably useful for those easy mode levels you have difficulty getting that 5th star on, assuming you're going for all of the possible stars with one character.

Edit2: Did you know there are more than 8 classes? I just unlocked this beauty:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 07:57:22 pm by Iduno »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2021, 01:09:23 pm »

Oh i had no idea there was a hidden class, from the look of that guy, is the requirement related to those "small chance to hit the gnome gives you money" type of opponents or is it something else ?

Anyways, Circadian Dice new version
https://shuffleup.itch.io/circadian-dice/devlog/248810/version-202
Spoiler: changes (click to show/hide)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2021, 01:52:28 pm »

I think it was because I had one captured at the end of a successful run in hard mode, but I don't know for sure. I've been trying to get it to work with a villager that way, but I either get 0 traps during the day while a villager is around, or die fairly quickly.

Well, I was trying. I'm taking a break because I'm down to levels where I need to kill 2 enemies with 3 hp each (in hard mode) in the second or third wave, and the double axes is a 1/6 chance on top of a 1/2 chance to get any attack on the second die. I should switch in the relic that gives me the third die and half hp to start, but I was also taking a lot of damage.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2021, 11:34:24 am »

I captured a loot gnome with the demonologist and completed the sunken ghost ship level with him (without turning him into an imp i mean) on normal mode but it didn't unlocked the class, so it looks like the unlock condition must be something else or there is something else to do.
Not sure i want to try the same in hard mode, too stressfull :D

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2021, 03:30:20 pm »

I captured a loot gnome with the demonologist and completed the sunken ghost ship level with him (without turning him into an imp i mean) on normal mode but it didn't unlocked the class, so it looks like the unlock condition must be something else or there is something else to do.
Not sure i want to try the same in hard mode, too stressfull :D

Yeah, I picked it up in hard mode mostly accidentally (they're a random enemy, so accidental is always part of it). They have an okay ability, I had an unused trap, and the enemy I was trying to capture wasn't going to show up again.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2021, 07:29:09 pm »

looking in the C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Circadian_Dice\   i checked the file named "cdice_data.ini" and found this
Code: [Select]
[Unlockstates]
PrevUnlockedUndeadBarbarian="0.000000"
PrevUnlockedLootGnome="0.000000"
PrevUnlockedAssassin="0.000000"

So along the "Loot Gnome" class unlock you got, it looks like there's an "Undead Barbarian" and "Assassin" classes to unlock.
Now how to is the question :D

Mkok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2021, 05:40:39 am »

Just wondering, but did that loot gnome replace cleric? Also any chance you could upload your cdice_data.ini file?   ;D

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2021, 04:49:27 pm »

Just wondering, but did that loot gnome replace cleric? Also any chance you could upload your cdice_data.ini file?   ;D

I've got a button that switches between alternate characters and the originals.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2021, 04:54:39 pm »

Hmm, could it be you captured the gnome while playing with the cleric ?
If yes, it could mean the undead barbarian is unlocked with something the barbarian have to do (and maybe the assassin is unlocked while using a ninja ?)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2021, 05:21:32 pm »

Nope, did it with the barbarian.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2021, 05:30:58 pm »

I prefer that, i have already so much difficulty with the cleric in normal mode on higher scenario, i don't want to even try in hard mode :D

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2021, 08:54:14 pm »

I can confirm that it's not just passing a game with the Loot Gnome captured; I just did the Ancient Tomb HM with Barbarian with one of them captured and didn't get it. Going to try capturing both now. THAT'll be fun... (2.0.1)

On second thought, maybe you need to finish an HM stage with a *random* Loot Gnome? The Ancient Tome has two guaranteed ones that might technically be different units.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 08:57:59 pm by Aoi »
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Mkok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2021, 12:26:14 pm »

I wonder how to unlock those classes then, this game does have a bit over-slow unlocks... Especially when you encouter enemies who have ?? as captured abilities since you did not yet unlock those abilities   ???

On unrelated note, did you know that in order to unlock next scenario you need at least one star? just finished HM moonwood with no star since I did not care about score and did not unlock the next scenario... Also the last boss killing you if all your rolled faces have debuffs was kind of unexpected, especially when half of my faces were diseased since I captured that guy who negates disease damage. Fortunately I  just recently unlocked 4th dice and it did not have any debuffs and did not get unlucky on second turn .

Also if you lock a dice on reroll activation, then it activates on each reroll, did not expect that one  ;D
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 12:30:20 pm by Mkok »

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2021, 06:46:47 pm »

I think the only one that has "???" as their ability is that rare random spawn guy with... Mindwarp? that rearranges your die faces.

Did the Loot Goblin in the tomb a few more times. No luck, and I didn't see anything in the save that looks like a counter, so it probably isn't number of times captured either. Any other ideas to test? Was it in the infinite mode stage?

Update: Got a villager and a loot gnome on different runs in HM Chaos. No unlock.
Further update: And like 10 more HM Chaos wins later, can't spawn a Loot Gnome... this is getting tedious.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 04:03:18 pm by Aoi »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5