Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Circadian Dice  (Read 10937 times)

Mkok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Circadian Dice
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2021, 04:08:42 am »

I think the only one that has "???" as their ability is that rare random spawn guy with... Mindwarp? that rearranges your die faces.

Did the Loot Goblin in the tomb a few more times. No luck, and I didn't see anything in the save that looks like a counter, so it probably isn't number of times captured either. Any other ideas to test? Was it in the infinite mode stage?

I had ?? on regular enemies when I unlocked stages faster then classes :D (also the aparition thingy tells you which face will be rolled upon reroll)

There is a counter for how many classes yu beat the last level with, and it increases in easy mode as well, so I beat it with all 8, but nothing changed as far as I can tell.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2021, 01:45:20 pm »

Did the Loot Goblin in the tomb a few more times. No luck, and I didn't see anything in the save that looks like a counter, so it probably isn't number of times captured either. Any other ideas to test? Was it in the infinite mode stage?

It looks like I got it a few days after getting both stones in hard mode, so I was probably in the level that uses them.

Mkok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2021, 02:23:23 pm »

Just in case someone is wondering, reaching wave 84 in HM chaos realm does not unlock anything new. Also timebender is OP as hell  :D

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 02:36:24 pm by Mkok »

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2021, 06:59:14 pm »

Oh, I figured out what the ??? ability of the Weird Apprition does. It's better on some builds than others.

Just in case someone is wondering, reaching wave 84 in HM chaos realm does not unlock anything new. Also timebender is OP as hell  :D

I was running something similar and got into the 60s before I derp'd and punched an Acolyte that did like 60 damage, courtesy of stacking a ton of +damage penalties, though my Timebender critter selection went in a totally different direction-- the puppet thing for infinite rerolls, Eyebeast for piercing attacks, Rex for +1multiplier on kills, and a dud slot*.

Life drain curse axes and a single die face with around 10 hearts carved through everything.

I'm thinking that, if I ever get around to another deep Timetwister run... Axe Gang Sigil, Precision Tools, Power Powder, and Multivitamin. AGS is obvious, PP is generally useful (albeit costly if you don't manage to get Yin/Yang) and will work in conjunction with PT to make single-face dice. Multivitamin is kind of a tossup, and I'd rather have something that can bypass an Acolyte, but it'd be useful to further buff dice and act as Witch insurance. Alternatively, skipping PP and taking Wand of Inspiration might be an interesting option. (Though good luck surviving to OP-ness with a trinket selection like that...)

*Capturing the Chaosbane Demon in HM Chaos doesn't unlock anything.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 05:42:46 am by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Mkok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2021, 04:10:02 am »

Interesting choice of relics. The multivitamin definitely protects against witch. With how much gold I was making there was no need for precision tools I was just too lazy to put more unrollables on my die, and I was consistently doing 20+ dmg per hit, as many of my faces were moon, and so they had dmg multipliers. If I did it again I would have definitely replaced heart pendant or timetwister orb. The timetwister orb is kinda useless once you have inf rerolls, and once every enemy gets fear attack healing only serves as a source of rerolls. But I ould def not let go of the preserver. With that I consistently had 50+ shield before the round even began, and on average about 5 extra shield per roll, so 100+ shield were the norm for me. My only regret was not having that guy who allows you to block pierce damage, but I resolved this by just killing everything on the first turn. Which kind of indicates the shield might not have been that important  :o But I guess withouth it I would have dies to the guy who returns dmg you deal to him, or an acolyte once the dmg gets high enough.

The reason I went for those captures was they protect from debuffs, especially the one that gives immunity to petrify, this allowed me to not be affected by at least one third of the "bad choices". The inf reroll guy is great on timebender. And the other two gave me no dmg from disease, and healing from curse. I knew the witch would end me, so I tried to keep my dice clean of debuffs, but then I got a choice of either damage cap 3 or 4 disease, and I did not feel like replacing my faces, so I just let it spread, and used some ability that cursed the other half for extra healing  :D It was getting boring too, I was thinking wave 100 and then end it, but unnoticed witch got me first (and I had enough to take her down on that one lucky roll ::)) I did not really use my abilities, was too much work.

Also an idea about the unlocks. I noticed there are trophies in the title of the game, any chance that unlocking all these is what unlocks alt classes?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 04:49:12 am by Mkok »

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2021, 04:34:21 am »

I don't recall if you can get the skill that gives the effect of Precision Tools randomly as a Timebender; if you can, then the tools would be better off dropped. It's just tricky to get a strong one-face die without being able to knock them out selectively. (And the use of Multivitamin would be much more dramatic with a set of one-face dice than multi-face dice, even if it's just two.) There's only a few abilities you'd really want... the ones that manipulate faces (+reroll, +attack, etc.) early on, Meditate/Ying-yang for fear management if you use Power Powder, and possibly a Preach/Sacrifice combo as an emergency button for Acolytes/whatever it is that grants you invulnerability for a turn.

The Heart Pendant might actually be a pretty good pick, since if you're getting double life, you can reroll that much longer... easily breaking past 20-30 life per reroll.

Once I got the engine rolling, the only thing doing any damage worth mentioning was my own rerolls; nothing else got a hit in, which leads into... Disease and curse are pretty weak immunities; the amount of damage you'd be taking from them should be negligible. Petrify and Freeze would be a killer though, so Petrify-protect would probably be good.

Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2021, 10:52:39 am »

Very impressive, i have not even unlocked the hard mode version of the chaos realm. And my best score on the "normal" chaos realm is only 701 (with the barbarian).
I'm also impressed you did that with the Timebender, it's one of those classes i have higher difficulty than other to survive on the difficult scenarios.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2021, 01:44:26 pm »

I really want the sunstone and moonstone for the timebender, because those are 2 unrollable sides, and they're also great effects (one die is always day, the other is night, and I think it can be day and night for a single side). But, getting the sunstone means getting enough damage with the timebender early enough not to get frozen sides (although I guess I could precision tools one of those away).

Dang, you got a 1/3 chance of dying to the moon witch on every roll?

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2021, 04:55:38 pm »

Very impressive, i have not even unlocked the hard mode version of the chaos realm. And my best score on the "normal" chaos realm is only 701 (with the barbarian).
I'm also impressed you did that with the Timebender, it's one of those classes i have higher difficulty than other to survive on the difficult scenarios.

Timebender is kind of tricky to get off the ground, but absolutely steamrolls later on since the puppet critter allows infinite rerolls (at the cost of health), and with the Axe Gang Scroll, you can get reroll activation on all your faces easily. Most scenarios don't last long enough for it to turn into godmode though.

Mkok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2021, 03:37:04 am »

Some classes really need some of the later relics. Timebender rules with the last ninja relic, I had big trouble beating HM sun monastery, but once I unlocked that relic I did it on first run with timebender even though I mistook 4th wave for the last one and kinda gave up after that due to finishing with like 2 hp and no abilities  :D Also moonstones and sunstones are only used in single scenario which in my opinions is one of the easiest, def not as hard as you would expect from the last scenario, and you def do not need stones to roll there.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2021, 04:07:40 am »

Usually my difficulty is to have things actually killed with the Timebender, the reroll activations are great, but it's extremely rare i found in shop a reroll activation that does more than 1 damage, so when things start to have lot of health or shielding, that's often always ending in getting more skulls from losing so many turns failing to kill everything (Forzen Horror scenario gets hilarious due to that).

with the heart pendant and how very often hearts with reroll activations are coming in the shop, keeping the timebender alive is not difficult, but usually i always die with those damned skulls.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 04:31:47 am by Robsoie »

Mkok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2021, 04:41:34 am »

That is why you need that relic, it keeps reroll activation upon face replacement, so you can slap that triple attack on it, or those 4 gold. But yeah, he has issues doing dmg early on.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2021, 05:32:09 am »

This relic, if you're not sure which:

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2021, 06:36:07 am »

Oh, this one, only 8 stars left on hard mode with the ninja, what a horrible pain this is going to be :D

edit : new version to fix a crash with a specific relic in a final wave
https://shuffleup.itch.io/circadian-dice/devlog/256368/version-203
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 10:17:33 am by Robsoie »

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2021, 11:36:01 pm »

Oh, this one, only 8 stars left on hard mode with the ninja, what a horrible pain this is going to be :D

edit : new version to fix a crash with a specific relic in a final wave
https://shuffleup.itch.io/circadian-dice/devlog/256368/version-203

As a point of reference for stages, my HM Ninja squeaked by with 4* Bandit, 5* Vampire, 1* Ship, and 2* Marsh... I found the second row more difficult than the ones in the third row.

I admit, for a bit I thought that so few people used that relic that it'd crash at the end of every stage, and just nobody noticed until now. Turns out that's not the case.  :D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5