Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Circadian Dice  (Read 10928 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Circadian Dice
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2021, 08:24:07 am »

While playing  with the demonologist, i got one of the bizarre random opponent showing up early (the one that looks like an eye on an orange tentacle and run away to the next turn after attacking once and seems to mix your dices)  on the normal mode "Necromancer Tower".
The ability on the thing was "???" . I decided to keep the monster like this instead of transforming it into another imp with the item i was carrying.

I don't know if it's related but a few waves later i noticed a "secret door" appearing
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Things weren't going great for me so i was not in position to destroy that secret door until a lucky roll allowed me to capture one of the skeleton knight then 2 or 3 use of the "Pet" ability of the demonologist allowed to me to destroy the secret door.

That lead me to this special stage

the less i can say is that things stopped there, as the bad luck i had in rolls and in shop (despite the money given by the chest there) wasn't helping much.

Anyone got this and completed the stage to see if it unlocks something ?
Is the ability of that eye tentacle thingy allowing to add a "secret door" to a scenario ?

I tried playing that necromancer tower a couple of time more after that but never got this "secret door" appearing again, so maybe it's really related to the bizarro monster as this thing didn't appared again in those couple of replays.

Mkok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2021, 09:56:09 am »

Interesting find. I replayed it and when I had the apparition captured I also got the secret door when playing as necromancer. That chest "tower riches" gave a bunch of gems and gold, basically a super chest, but nothing more even upon finishing the scenario. I also had a loot gnome instead of apparition on one of the runs, and capturing him did not do anything new.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 10:20:53 am by Mkok »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2021, 10:09:12 am »

Nice, so it seems that's indeed the use of the Apparition , generating this secret door.
I wonder if it only happens in this Necromancer Tower scenario or if it can do in other ones

Mkok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2021, 10:22:53 am »

The appariton actually tells you which side you will roll upon rerrol (it shakes abit). But in this scenario it seems to also find that secret door, I captured it in few scenarios, but did not have any secret doors, so it works only for some probably. I played it again, and the second time I got lore chest instead of tower riches, but it worked the same giving just gold and gems.

I wonder if capturing that assassin would unlock the assassin secret class though...

P.S. Can confirm, capturing the assassin and completing the scenario unlocks assassin.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 10:58:19 am by Mkok »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2021, 11:54:46 am »

Wanted to post that confirmation but you beat me to it, excellent finding about the assassin theory :

(did it in normal mode, so no need to masochist yourself in hard mode :D )
It looks like buying a capturing dice will increase (or force) the chance of the apparition monster to appear.
Make sure to buy more capturing dice though for when you'll be able to get the assassin after that.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2022, 12:27:25 pm »

Noticed that Circadian Dice will go commercial and have a steam release on the 11th of July
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1893620/Circadian_Dice/
New version should have 2 more classes, new abilities and redone visuals and effects.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2022, 08:08:55 am »

Best of luck to them. This was a good few weeks for me. Very well-designed experience.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2022, 09:31:07 am »

Oh, nice! Good little game.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mkok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2022, 02:23:49 pm »

This game certainly deserves being released. It is great. Looking forward to seeing what changed.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2022, 02:13:42 pm »

I should add this to my laptop. I keep forgetting to play it, but I've always enjoyed it.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2022, 09:16:53 am »

Just got an email from them letting me know about the updates. It also let me know that since I had bought the game on itch.io that I was also getting a steam key. I'll have to give the new version a whirl!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]