Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Werebeasts that infect people with necromancy  (Read 1147 times)

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Werebeasts that infect people with necromancy
« on: April 15, 2021, 09:30:34 pm »

Alright, I've got a problem I can't solve. To keep this simple, here's the important stuff

-I have made custom megabeasts that use the same system as werebeasts to spread syndromes via a bite
-The syndrome is basically the necromancer secret. Those infected by the megabeast will gain the ability to raise the dead and other abilities
-The idea is that rather than slabs, these megabeasts will introduce necromancy in worldgen instead, and killing them all rids the world of necromancy for good

The problem is, while individuals can indeed be infected with the syndrome, they never seem to actually build towers and raise armies of the unliving. Is there something I'm missing or is this just weird hardcoded behavior? The only explanation I can think of is that the people who seek out slabs to become necromancers have the right personalities (lots of ambition for example) to also "want" to raise a zombie army, and since any random can be infected, they get infected but don't want to use their powers. Maybe adding something that alters their personality to be highly ambitious among other things could work? Or maybe its something else entirely. The absolute best thing for me would be an example of someone else doing this and it working, then I can just reverse-engineer it.
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
https://www.patreon.com/themodsmith
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
Re: Werebeasts that infect people with necromancy
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2021, 05:00:58 am »

Maybe adding something that alters their personality to be highly ambitious among other things could work?

I'm not certain if this works, but I got my own custom secrets to cause more towers to pop up after copying these personality changes from vanilla necromancers:

Code: [Select]
[CE_CHANGE_PERSONALITY:FACET:ANXIETY_PROPENSITY:50:FACET:TRUST:-50:START:0:ABRUPT]
Didn't really do much testing, so it could be the result of something else or that it just seemed to help.