Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 - Someone had to make this thread  (Read 1182 times)

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

https://www.matrixgames.com/game/gary-grigsbys-war-in-the-east-2

The most indepth 4x game series on the market. With that said, I haven't had time to get into war in the east 2, but I did play war in the east (the first one) and...if you want something complex, indepth and incredibly realistic doesn't get better than this. War in the pacific is also in the same line of games, but taking place...well its in the name...and navy focused.

Very much looking forward to getting a good playthrough of this today...just uh...hmm....got to spend all day learning the game again :P And all day tomorrow....and week....and month...and then a year later I'll know how to play ;)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 - Someone had to make this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 07:46:39 pm »

I bought it, booted it up, and realized--even with my considerable wargaming knowledge--that I was in way over my head lol.

Any advice, tips, tricks, etc. would be hella appreciated from any Bay12 peeps who may be playin!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 09:04:13 pm »

Dunno about 2, but I played alongside some youtube tutorials for the first one. Can't remember who, but that's generally how I tackle things like War in the East and Aurora 4x.

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2021, 04:02:27 pm »

I think its a game to learn by watching someone (either livestream or youtube) play it. Thats how I learned the first one. That and a lot of trial and error and just learning a lot on my own.