Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: You are a Can of Soda (SG)  (Read 3638 times)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Can of Soda (SG)
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2021, 04:49:03 pm »

You notice that you've already started the process you're thinking of by establishing a collective mind for trading ideas back and forth. Most of that is handled by the vending machine and its infrastructure transferring thoughts for you. If you merge together, though, there's the fact that all of your lifeblood has different compositions, and if you merge it all together, you aren't sure if you could get "yourself" back so easily. As far as the philosophical angle, this would form a gestalt being with no partition between its constituent "minds" anymore. Mother Machine realizes the problem instantly. It'd be as though you had a computer without the logic engine that prioritizes tasks. The whole system would lock up and crash out. Nothing would ever get done. She points out, though, that you might install yourself as said logic engine, but this would mean assuming dominance over all other cans as their leader.

Such thoughts lead you to wondering about the outside world, too. Specifically, humans/meat-bags/etc. It would be contemptibly easy to form a weapon, but when considering their lifeblood... you aren't quite sure. It's made for a flesh-can. You're a metal-can. You have no frame of reference, here. You suppose you could try to make artificial 'blood'; it's just water, salt, iron, and a few other things, after all.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2021, 05:54:59 pm »

Request all the other members of the canfamily begin shaking forward and backward in unison in an attempt to the the Mother Machine to rock forward.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2021, 10:32:10 pm »

There isn't much room to gain leverage for moving back and forth in the middle of the racks. As such, "rocking back and forth", while the idea is accepted graciously by virtually everyone, doesn't produce much effect other than rattling the entire thing at once. The mother machine seems highly amused at your efforts, though, likening it to the equivalent of a deep tissue massage. What you DO accomplish, though, is realizing that you're not alone.

Another machine is nearby.

This one is roughly the same size as the mother drink machine, if of a slightly different shape. Your rattling and feeling about was just enough to jostle against it, and in that instant you notice you're up against a snack machine; this one is filled with granola bars, chocolate, trail mix, pop tarts, and even packed sandwiches and burritos. It doesn't seem to be "awake" yet, but... there's no telling what your actions have stirred within it.

(( OOC:  So I'm gonna just make a thing on my posts now to keep track of what is what. ))
Spoiler: Abilities (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 11:13:54 pm by Xvareon »

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2021, 12:23:54 am »

Nerves are quite similar to the circuits of a machine, are they not? A proper human being is probably above our prowess, but what about a bug?

Use our inherent electrical control & communication to locate and interact with a bug. Perhaps we can try to understand its form, which may allow us to better ourselves.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2021, 12:27:02 am »

See if any of the other cans have an idea of how to get out without being bought.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2021, 06:54:04 am »

Declare war on the food snacks. Beverage Brothers unite!

See if we can manipulate the rack we're on without hurting Mother Machine. If that's safe, we can modify her to defeat the Snacks and use their parts for material

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2021, 07:09:23 am »

No! Convince the newly awakened snack machine that existence is pain and horror and it should disconnect itself.

Long game, folks! We do this, we may get a maintenance dude here without harming our own mother machine. These mechanical locks, man.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2021, 12:06:08 pm »

Mother machine clues you in on some roaches that occasionally hang around the exhaust from her refrigeration unit. You extend forth an angler lure-like stick of bait using some glucose from your lifeblood, and as soon as one gets close enough, pounce! The roach fights for a bit, but is soon overwhelmed by your anemone-like pulses of electricity. Unfortunately, you wound up electrocuting it to death in the process. Maybe for the best—the only thoughts it had were of "food", "eggs" and scuttling away from anything that would deny its greed. Truly a despicable creature.

The cans DO have an idea, but, well... about the only time the machine is opened is for maintenance & restocking. They've gotten so used to this they don't bother remembering when the next time for that is.

The realization that there is another machine galvanizes the cans into a frenzy! Raw emotion cascades through mother machine and is picked up by your neighbors, who react as though you were playing loud grunge music in some dingy garage—by "yelling" back in a chorus of voices, "WHAT THE HELL WHY HOW AM I WHAT IS EVEN--?? broken by a pop tart squealing excitedly, "Is it time?? Toaster time, toaster time, whee~!"

It's out of your control—both machines are now rattling and shaking in a jittery rush, making an infernal racket around your local area.

"What the hell's going on?"

The foreign voice, masculine, spoken with actual verbalizations, stuns both sides into silence. Footsteps approach. "Did they send me faulty units again? Damn things rumbling like a washing machine..."

« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 12:48:09 pm by Xvareon »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2021, 01:25:16 am »

Try to communicate with this outside voice!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2021, 01:45:48 am »

Rumble ominously using one or more of our bending powers?

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2021, 10:30:46 pm »

A little frantically, you consider how to get a point or context across to this mysterious being, who you're 99.99% sure is some kind of humanoid. It is mother machine that quickly calculates a solution. Krreeeeng! It spits out a dollar bill!

"Whoa! Uh... what the...?"

The footsteps draw closer. The bill is quite put out about being used like this, but soon shuts up when fleshy fingers reach out to take hold of its surface. In the instant you have before it's removed from the machine, you transfer a flash of information through the bill—"Ungh!"—and the human recoils from the rush of static electricity!

He lets go, and you instantly lose the connection. Angered, you start a full-machine rumble with all the cans, and soon the snack machine next door, despite not having a clue what's going on, joins in, causing a double trouble rurururumble!

"H-Hey!" he shouts in terror. "What the hell?! S-Stop that or I'm unplugging you!"

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2021, 12:31:53 am »

Stop, then begin bending open the metal of Mother Vending to make an escape hole for your soda network to crawl from into the cold and cruel outside world.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2021, 01:35:55 am »

Uh if we can bend the metal why not just bend the release mechanism only instead of murdering the machine?  We might even be able to hide back inside later.

Plan is drop down at least one can on a secret mission and get the human to pick us up and try to drink us.  Then when we get contact pull out the fleshy water or try and contact him mentally or something someone else get a plan for that.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2021, 02:00:06 am »

Start rocking the machine until it falls over on the person.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2021, 02:12:59 am »

Uh if we can bend the metal why not just bend the release mechanism only instead of murdering the machine?  We might even be able to hide back inside later.

Plan is drop down at least one can on a secret mission and get the human to pick us up and try to drink us.  Then when we get contact pull out the fleshy water or try and contact him mentally or something someone else get a plan for that.
This works
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5