Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Cultist Simulator: Behold Our End (Kickstarter by creator of Sunless Sea)  (Read 33464 times)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
Re: Cultist Simulator: Behold Our End (Kickstarter by creator of Sunless Sea)
« Reply #180 on: August 11, 2020, 02:02:00 pm »

As there is a great opportunity not to necro for me - do other lines have more interesting stuff in them than Ghoul? Ghoul just happened to be the first one i didn't died fast on began to backup saves. And it was rather dissapointing in the end.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Of course, i don't have high hopes for this, since it's just that kind of game.  ::)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 02:11:51 pm by MCreeper »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 11, 2020, 02:21:13 pm »

I know the most recent DLC is radically different than all the others.

But other than that, yeah, it's that kind of game. The second and ascended playthroughs are a little tedious for the reasons you mentioned, since:

It played to my completionist streak though for this game in particular. I dunno, either the writing is a reason to play for you or it isn't.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 11, 2020, 04:50:41 pm »

"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 26, 2020, 09:33:14 am »

Got an OW THE EDGE ascension. Final fight was damn anticlimactic, with full hoard of weapons (includes 12 darts) dude can't even do anything. Overall, Exile is better FTL.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 28, 2020, 05:22:13 pm »

As there is a great opportunity not to necro for me - do other lines have more interesting stuff in them than Ghoul? Ghoul just happened to be the first one i didn't died fast on began to backup saves. And it was rather dissapointing in the end.
Of course, i don't have high hopes for this, since it's just that kind of game.  ::)

I too ended up playing my first not-instantly-dead run on ghoul. It slowly began dawning on me that I would have to dig through every card in the game just to figure out how to beat it. Thankfully it doesn't seem like every run is that tedious, but man, would it have been nice to have had a warning.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I decide to give Exile a shot.....

It definitely has a different flow to it than the rest of CS.

I think? I get what the gist is but it's a little hard to get a sense of the basic economy when you're drowning in fucking Traces doing practically anything useful.

Like.....

I'm really digging the whole "Mystic Jason Bourne" thing. But as per usual I have some reservations about its ideas of balance and overall how it expects you to get time out of the game.

It really reminds of the Fury of Dracula board game. I wonder if they were inspired by it when making this.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 05:31:41 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Apologies for the necro, but I just finished the Ghoul DLC for the first time and was left with something bothering me that I'd love some opinions on...

I very unintentionally spoiled myself on the requirement that you need to
...which is what allowed me to win, as I'd already found the rest on my own based on in-game hints and patterns.

The thing that bothers me is that... unlike everything else I've encountered in the game thus far, it seemed like there was absolutely nothing that would suggest this was what you needed to do?

I feel that if I hadn't had it spoiled for me, I'm honestly unconvinced I would have stumbled upon that even in another several hours of playing and spinning my wheels. Did I miss a way to get a hint? Everything else I've encountered (e.g. in the Dancer and the rest of this DLC) offered just enough clues to point you in the right direction, but this one seemed entirely disconnected.

Did anyone else who played this manage to work it out on their own, and if so, how?

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

DeKaFu, I think you second spoiler is exactly what they planned. You just had to know. I too had to look up stuff for the ghoul and it was my first real run. I died/retired the first two runs and then picked ghoul, and felt like I had to go through ever card in the game to actually finish the run. They definitely should have locked it behind at least beating another path first.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wanna be in the "Know" about your spoilers too, but I plan on playing Ghoul at some point so I will hold off.

Based on my experience with the other ascendancies though, I can guess what the issue is.........
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]