Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Author Topic: FEF: The Rise and Fall of Kishibe Senior High's Souban (IC)  (Read 12579 times)

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
FEF: The Rise and Fall of Kishibe Senior High's Souban (IC)
« on: April 28, 2021, 02:52:28 am »

Quick rules reminder:

1. Keep non-IC stuff in the OoC thread. Otherwise you get dopeslapped by the Souban and last time he did that the dopeslapped dude got hospitalized for two weeks.

2. Post formatting mandatory. As such:
"Colored normal text for spoken words!"
Colored italized text for thoughts.
*Colored text that is small and/or between asterisks for whispering*
Normal text for general descriptions.
Bolded text for mechanical actions and orders!

3. Order of battle posts:
Player actions -> GM resolves -> Player actions -> GM resolves -> Repeat pattern until all player actions have been posted -> GM posts and resolves Ally Phase, followed by Enemy Phase, -> New turn map -> New round, repeat above
If posted actions need to be resolved first before you want to plan your action, ask in the OoC thread or on the Discord server.

4. Activity is key! You don't have to make eloquent RP posts all the time (or even have to RP, especially during combat), but try to post your action within a reasonable time. To keep the flow going, during combat, each turn enters a "Megapost" state if there are still unresolved actions after a week (exact date will be posted in the Discord channel's description). During that, all players are allowed to make actions for the remaining players who haven't posted an action yet. However, it would be polite to ask the respective players beforehand if they still want to write an action themselves, to give them a chance.

5. If you feel like you cannot participate for an extended period of time, there's no shame in informing the GM and players about it. Common solutions to that would be to let a player write actions for your character if the non-participation is temporary, or make the character leave the game if the non-participation will be permanent.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: The Rise and Fall of Kishibe Senior High's Souban (IC)
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2021, 02:53:27 am »

~~Prologue Chapter~~
The Sun May Set, But My Fists Never Will
First Opening Theme

Early Evening. The sun is barely visible behind the tall buildings surrounding a back alley near Kishibe Senior High. Throughout the decades, this back alley has become intrinsically tied to the history of said high school itself, being the place of many historic moments. Banshos swearing their loyalty to the first Souban this city ever had during the late 90s. The "4807" event of 2007 where not even riot police could break up the biggest spontaneous party happening in this back alley, lasting for an entire Friday and Saturday, with the Banchos hosting the party agreeing to clean up the alley on the Sunday after out of sheer respect for the place's history. The Purge of 2014 where the second Souban's gang directly attacked members of the Yakuza trying to use Kishibe delinquents as middle-men, resulting in them actually ceasing operations directly targeting Kishibe High. And, last but not least, the Double Coronation, where the Banchous swore loyalty to the third Souban, only to do the same thing again a year later with the fourth and current Souban, kickstarting the Golden Age of Delinquents.

One year later, this back alley becomes witness of a historic moment yet again. A handful of Kishibe students most wouldn't associate with the usual Yankii gangs are gathering here, in what many would consider a Yankii Sanctuary. Those are the downtrodden, the ones hit with tragedy, a thirst for vengeance, or simply bad luck, who wouldn't have become proper Kishibe delinquents under any other circumstance. But with the Souban having suddenly disbanded his Heavenly Bodyguards (consisting of six of the strongest Banchos in the area) a week ago and forming a new group, having rejected the established delinquents of Kishibe High but accepting said downtrodden students, fate dealt a new hand to them.

The new recruits start to gather in the back alley. Only the Souban hasn't appeared yet on time.

All players may post now!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 02:58:06 am by SirAston »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2021, 07:36:36 am »

"....gimme a fuckin' break."
Azusa Kumon was, in a word, unhappy.

The young girl places her hands in the pockets of her hoodie, looking around at the others. The trail of rumours had led her here, of all places. The Souban was gathering a new group of people to train up, or so Azusa had heard.

And he was late.

And there were a bunch of random people here. Some faces she knew, some faces she didn't. The scene really had changed since she'd left.

Yoshino being here's not a surprise. Even being our reliable class rep hasn't changed him all that much. Sekizawa, though, I'd have taken him for a more straight-edge kinda guy. There's some Kakyoin-looking dork here....and who're these chicks? Never seen them around before.
"Anyone got some gum? Ran out before I got here."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2021, 08:40:40 am »

: "Sure. Hope you don't mind peppermint. This brand goes for strong flavor." Kenji Yoshino took a pack from his school bag and tossed a foil-wrapped strip of gum towards the idol. Smiling as was his wont, the boy bearing the badge of a class president turned to survey the others gathered here.

Most of the students he knew by face, if not by name. Azusa of course was probably the most notable for her off-campus activities. There was that baseball player, Tatsuya. A few others he had met before. The only odd one out was the guy in glasses.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2021, 08:47:05 am »

"...he sure keeps us waiting, huh..." - Ryuuji Kurenai leans against a wall, looking through the assortment of other candidates around him.

Huh, never would expect to see someone like a class president in such company as this...

"...Ryuuji Kurenai. Second year, Kishibe High." - he decided to start a conversation, even if awkwardly.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2021, 09:00:47 am »

The guy in the glasses didn't speak, though anyone could see him twitch slightly anytime he noticed someone looking his way. Tomomi personally couldn't blame the people if they stared. He felt incredibly out of place, and was half tempted to just leave before the Souban got there.... But something stopped him from acting on that urge. Maybe it was his prey instinct, telling him that if he drew attention to himself with a show of weakness like that he'd be pounced like a gazel. Or maybe it was just his own personal code of honor preventing him from running away. Tomomi must have decided on the latter, because after a moment of looking at a banged up wrist watch he pulled from somewhere in his jacket, he decides to speak.
"The Souban is a busy man Kurenai-san. He's likely just running late because of factors outside his control."
He speaks somewhat quickly, though it's lacking in much emotion. That along with the way his fidgets after speaking would make one think he was more than a little nervous about a making a sound.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2021, 10:02:29 am »

Tatsuya was standing a little way away from everyone else, practicing his swing. He picked up various bits of garbage (excluding glass bottles, of course) and tossed them up before sending them flying down the alley to be lost in the late afternoon shadows. Of everyone else, the only person he vaguely recognized was the idol, though he didn't know what she was doing here. There was a class president, at least two nerds, and five girls... which made for, in his opinion, kind of a motley crew. The only one that looked the part was the long-haired guy who was wearing the green uniform.

"Introductions? Sekizawa, Kishibe High, class 2-B. Pitcher for the Kishibe Tengus."

He tossed up an empty can and, with a satisfying 'thwack', sent it into the dumpster he had been hitting things toward.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2021, 10:17:03 am »

: "Good aim." Kenji remarked idly. His smile widened a little, since it seemed like it was time for introductions.

: "Kenji Yoshino, third year at Kishibe. President of class 3-F. As for the Souban, I wouldn't worry. He'll be here. Childish pranks like inviting a bunch of people somewhere and then not showing up are likely beneath him." Unless of course, this was more like a trap. Couldn't ignore that possibility.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2021, 10:41:16 am »

Satō for her part didn't think that there was anything particularly odd about the weedy looking boy. After all, it was only natural for important men and women such as the Souban (and herself) to attract such hanger-ons in uncertain times like these. The fact that he seemed to be the only one of the bunch was the real surprise. Although, now that she thought about it, the red hair with the glasses, and the black haired girl with the red uniform didn't seem like much either.

"This could be a test. Something to sort out the weak, the uncertain, and the impatient before they waste any more of his time." Satō noted, in a cold, and matter of fact way.

"I bet we're not the only ones who answered the call. Just the only ones who weren't late."
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2021, 11:03:23 am »

"...A class president? Here? Now, that's unusual, Yoshino-senpai. But I'm sure you have your reasons."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2021, 11:06:20 am »

"Guess I might as well introduce myself. Azusa Kumon, class 3-F. I'm.....nobody important."
She resisted the urge to crack a wry smile at that comment.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2021, 11:32:42 am »

Kenji chuckled self-deprecatingly.

"Oh, I haven't been a class president for all that long, Kurenai. But you are correct on that last point." He didn't bother to elaborate on his reasons just yet; he guessed they would be brought up once the Souban arrived anyway. "Just rest assured that I am not here to cause trouble."

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2021, 12:01:23 pm »

"Would be really suprised if you were, honestly. Nice to meet you."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2021, 12:02:18 pm »

"Ishikawa, 2-C!"

Nonoka leaned on her bike. She definitely hadn't been almost late, she'd just had a delivery between then and now (and it'd been delivered on time, thank you very much) and she'd needed to catch her breath before joining in on the conversation.

"Hey, wait, you guys really don't know each other? What if it's a test and the Souban's one of you guys wearing a wig?"

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2021, 12:11:07 pm »

Satō's hand briefly drifts down to fetch her phone from her pocket, before she glances around the alley, and decides that checking the time could wait for now.
"Well, while we're introducing ourselves.  I am Yumiko of the Satō family, and the ace of Kishibe's kendo club."
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17