Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Bridges - WIP  (Read 20044 times)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bridges - WIP
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2021, 08:00:41 am »

The paved stone bridges as you call them are just walls and floors. They have nothing on them indicating that they are a bridge.

The initial screenshots showed bridges on a fort entry in the hills.

Animations... ha, no. XD The drawbridges in the game are so nonsensical, I have no idea how they would even close. A stone bridge, 10 tiles wide without any chains or ropes anywhere, raises up to a 1 tile wall? ^^

My head canon was that the bridges folded up like a paper fan along hinges.  They extended along collapsing rails on either side. If a certain side was designated to have it extend from, the initial "fan" section met the floor instead of the usual: it would swing down from the ceiling before unfurling.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 08:19:34 am by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bridges - WIP
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2021, 12:46:45 am »

The paved stone bridges as you call them are just walls and floors. They have nothing on them indicating that they are a bridge.

The initial screenshots showed bridges on a fort entry in the hills.

Animations... ha, no. XD The drawbridges in the game are so nonsensical, I have no idea how they would even close. A stone bridge, 10 tiles wide without any chains or ropes anywhere, raises up to a 1 tile wall? ^^

My head canon was that the bridges folded up like a paper fan along hinges.  They extended along collapsing rails on either side. If a certain side was designated to have it extend from, the initial "fan" section met the floor instead of the usual: it would swing down from the ceiling before unfurling.

Nah… they work like tape measures.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.
Pages: 1 2 [3]