Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: disable joining conflict due to vengeance or edit level of conflict (with dfhack  (Read 1346 times)

dwarfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

so i think i found out how random loyalty cascades are being started from small tantrums... it's again because of the vengeance group conflict system.

one of my elves has high stress vulnerability and anger propensity. he became haggard in a fort where 40% of the population was ecstatic. i planned to have him permanently sit in jail but before someone could even successfully report the crime i was getting announcements from citizens interrupting each other

my game in the current fort has very low FPS so i was monitoring everything closely. the elf punched a crocodile once and a armorer once, the elf was constantly changing his job from "start fist fight" to the purple version of "worship!" and various temple jobs since this happened in the temple.

the elf and armorer arent interrupting each other, but every citizen around them became vengeful and started fighting each other. there was no problem when he punched the animal but after punching the armorer once everyone around them thought it was world war 3

is there a way to disable intelligent creatures feeling vengeful(without disabling all emotions/stress), or joining conflicts due to vengeance, or a way to use dfhack to erase their current conflict information (i.e. who they're fighting) or change the level of conflict? i tried using gui/gm-editor but i couldnt find anything to change those. i know there is at least a timer for conflict from vengeance somewhere because it typically lasts half a day even not fighting anything (the combat log will display the dwarf as in combat over and over again until the vengeance conflict timer expires). but im not sure if gui/gm-editor shows all possible information you can change, or even if the latest version of that dfhack script is updated to display vengeance information

this is currently a game breaking bug because fist fights from tantrums are a job ("start fist fight") but the game is treating it like real combat and is making everyone kill each other. I really dont want to add the no emotion tag to sentients because i rather like FUN from tantrums
"Likes cats for their ability to hunt vermin, and elves for their sensitive ears"

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

gui/gm-editor always shows all of DF's data, though not everything has been labeled.

Units don't join conflicts due to vengeance. They feel vengeance after joining a conflict. I doubt you're going to be able to find a way to prevent them from joining a conflict, but it's definitely possible to end an existing one through DFHack. There's probably already a script for that.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 04:24:48 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

DoubleG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've had a lot of problems with citizens interrupting each other. LLot of loyalty cascades this version. No idea how to sort it out. Got all my dorfs burrowed in their home, starting to starve (won't plant), because of constant interruptions. I've tried the DF script stop loyalty cascade, but it doesn't think there's one going on. Several dorfs keep on interrupting each other and occasionally attacking each other. Everyone looks friendly on the unit screen. :(

Trabber Shir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wonder if your loyalty cascades are related to the animals I keep having who randomly attack dwarves passing by. I have not had any loyalty cascades myself, but in 3 separate forts I have had such problem animals.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile

I wonder if your loyalty cascades are related to the animals I keep having who randomly attack dwarves passing by. I have not had any loyalty cascades myself, but in 3 separate forts I have had such problem animals.

...Huh. Perhaps that's the reason I don't get loyalty cascades (the werebeast epidemic didn't count!). Due to framerate and other issues (food for one! Animals are edible!) I don't tend to keep many animals. I slaughter a lot of them and eat them, and occasionally just stake them out far away from the fort as werebeast food, but most of the animals that arrive at my fort don't get to interact with many dorfs. The ones that do are wardogs, which arrive as dogs or puppies, get staked at the fort entrance and on ropes in some of the corridors (and on ropes next to artifact storage cabinets, to be witnesses to any crime) and I get the idea wardogs are pretty loyal. Perhaps when they've had war training they no longer are the instigators of the cascade? Interesting.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!