Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: The Grid (Out-Of-Character Thread)  (Read 3688 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: The Grid (Out-Of-Character Thread)
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2021, 09:54:51 pm »

Objective:
- When you, or your alliance gains 5 points, the battle ends!
- If extra, points will be contributed randomly and the rest will be discarded. If there are no more opposing forces left, an alliance will gain the missing points randomly.
- Kills will continue to grant +2 points.
- Each point you contribute gives you permanent progress towards unlocking your characters' endings: 50% to 'Decent' ending, 25% to 'Happy' ending, 10% to 'Secret' ending.
- Survive to retire or continue your character. Win to make ending progress.

Sidewinder: The valkyrie king can (continue to) Rescue the knight even though they are big. If the The knight waits to get off until next turn they can immediately act afterwards even though disembarking would usually end their turn. This allows them to remain as 1 unit at the end of a turn. (Basically, this ability counters the rule changes that prevent the tactic.)

The knight's horse, while a powerful leaper, is burdened by a heavy load that requires them to navigate carefully. However the valkyrie's swift horse is able to carry both riders thus freeing up the knight's horse to follow behind them unburdened. When they stop the knight hops on their own horse as it passes by. This trick worked well on the desert dunes, where it was used to gain a decisive victory over the legendary snake titan.
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.
'No.' is a complete sentence. —Mary Kate & Ashley

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2021, 02:49:03 pm »

Quote from: Accrovideogames
So the knight is female? I retcon all uses of male pronouns to female ones. It wouldn't make sense for my character to not know the knight's gender. This is a player mistake.
Accro requested I repost this, and that I say they posted it in their OOC before their IC posts this turn.
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2021, 01:45:52 am »

Got 3/6 actions, and 2/2 still needed from here.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2021, 07:36:45 am »

Debris (D5, F5) and Blocking Plants (A8, C7)
- Can be moved on and destroyed by a massive unit.
Can they be moved on by a non-massive unit?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2021, 11:08:04 am »

In your case, you destroy units (including destructible terrain) when you attempt to move on it, so in your specific case if you destroy it successfully you'd end there. But for most units they can't move on another unit, so they would be blocked, except this special exception for massive units.

(short answer: yes you can)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 11:10:38 am by roseheart »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2021, 03:02:42 pm »

Actions are now locked in.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2021, 11:24:59 am »

Tric will be dropping out. They've been in a bit of a slump (give them a hug if you see them) and are feeling The Grid isn't their cup of tea. I've given the spot over to Nancy Drew 39 of MafiaScum, who has been wanting to get in(now that they are feeling better). This means MafiaScum is back in the game.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2021, 08:18:41 pm »

The thief has been revived. They've had a few invincible turns, but considering their character info was revealed I think people can deal.

The thief will not be able to steal or perform a melee attack (on the valkyrie king) this turn.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 10:40:13 pm by roseheart »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2021, 01:30:51 pm »

Quote from: Accrovideogames
And why did YLW Assault turn black?

She turned black because she is now played by a MafiaScum player instead of a Bay 12 player. The old player dropped out, and a replacement on another forum stepped in.

But didn't they both ally when Assault asked Valkyrie if she wanted to team up and said yes?

That's a good point.

I'm going to compromise the fact the new player wasn't allied with you, and the old one was when you made your action, and say that the next time you get a point (kill or goalzone) you will get +1 point.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2021, 01:36:50 pm »

To make alliances more concrete, please offer and accept alliances formally. Such as saying:

Name1 proposes an alliance with Name2 and Name 3.

Name 2 accepts Name1's alliance.

Name3 rejects Name1's alliance. (rejection will be assumed if no answer is given)

The first person to propose an alliance will be the captain, and they are the only one who can invite more.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 01:41:37 pm by roseheart »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2021, 03:16:25 pm »

a1s and accro have an alliance. While a1s made the proposal, I am going to say accro is the captain as an extension of being made king.

Besides these 2, even if you've mentioned teaming up before in IC Thread please use the new format.

You will still be able to attack allies, but you'll be removed from the alliance unless you are captain in which case the attacked unit will be removed from it. Allies will allow each other to pass through them.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 03:23:59 pm by roseheart »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2021, 08:29:29 pm »

I'm going to wait 2 more days for the new people, then skip them. If they don't post next turn either then they'll drop out. I am optimistic things will work out for both of them though.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2021, 12:46:39 pm »

24 hours left. (Already got actions in for this forum. Changes can still be made in that time.)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2021, 04:10:31 pm »

I'm going to start treating and describing attacks that are aimed at a space not occupied by anything as not being attempted or limited uses consumed. Exception for moves that have an effect even if no one is there, like the mech throwing a boulder that takes up a space.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2021, 12:39:08 am »

Due to me not clarifying a difference between a miss because of a die roll (let's call this, accuracy) and a miss because of aiming at the wrong spot (let's call that, precision) the way valkyrie king's items are described to work is that if they 'miss' they are not consumed. So since their Excalibur book burned up, but in a general sense "missed"(although, not the way I meant) they will have a spare copy of the tomb. The changes I made in my last post will prevent the term "miss" to be applied in ways other than I intended. (Suspect Accro may be lawyering a bit, but I tend to be harder/more skeptical of friends so that I'm not unfair. It is a reasonable mix-up however, hence this compensation.)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5