Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: [IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: The Meeting Hall (Crossover Thread)  (Read 6651 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Aquila, Ehto

Aquila looked around for a moment, as if trying to figure it out himself before shrugging. "Uh, not really I guess, no. I imagine this is some kind of meeting grounds for multiversal warriors if I had to guess? At least, that's what my friends and I are and usually when this kind of thing happens we find out there's a problem but the other people from this portal don't look like they're in distress so...." He trails off looking back towards IP and Lyra before looking to Ehto again.

"Oh right! I'm Aquila! I'm not good at much but I hope that I can be of some use to you!" Aquila bows a bit as he introduces himself cheerily, which sounds a bit odd from a man who carries multiple swords and wears a full suit of... Cloth armor? On closer inspection Ehto would notice his armor seems to be a patchy combination of some kind of hard cloth, chain mail, and plates that seem to be earthen in nature.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Stretch, IP

Stretch turned with an instant grin towards his new robotic conversation partner, eagerness popping up in a split second when he was asked to explain the place. He gave her a theatrical bow (stretching the top of his head a bit to prevent his teapot helmet from just kind of falling off) and began to talk. "Ah, well, you have come to the right place, Instructor Prototype!" He could only assume that Kaida Corporation wasn't related to Nutrivatco, she hadn't even tried to appropriate any land yet. "My name is Stretch Armstrong, and I've become wise in the world thanks to my adventuring days," all sixteen or so of them! "I only just started figuring this place out, since I just came in as well, but I already got that this place was made by a master magic-juicer. You see, all of these materials together show that somebody is greatly skilled at using all sorts of magic juice - but this one," he let a finger stretch out a full foot to very gently tap the bonsai tree. "is probably just, like, their signature or something 'cause it's a decoration. And if it's their signature, the fact that it's a tree probably indicates that it's an animal-dude - I have seen what the rabbits can do with grass! But this is a good sign! See, animal-dudes are pretty friendly and just want to get by, so if this is connected to all the different worlds, it was probably a gift by somebody who wanted to help let all of us people who are helping fight the big Trespassy Guys coordinate. Isn't that nice?"

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Stretch, IP

IP nodded. "I believe I understand entirely. If I may, what wisdom, if any do you have to share with a colleague such as myself?"

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile

Ehto, Aquila, Stretch, IP
"Hmm I see," She looked around some more, realizing that for the most part, this place's decor seemed rather jarring. Architecture and furnishings clearly from two different cultures, metal that quite feel or smell like metal should, and the strange hum from over yonder. Before she could respond to the crusader however, her ears quite easily picked up the tail end of another conversation in the distance:

See, animal-dudes are pretty friendly and just want to get by, so if this is connected to all the different worlds, it was probably a gift by somebody who wanted to help let all of us people who are helping fight the big Trespassy Guys coordinate. Isn't that nice?"

"I believe I understand entirely. If I may, what wisdom, if any do you have to share with a colleague such as myself?"

Looking back to Aquilla, she subtly nudged her head to the strangers in the distance, waving as she approached.

"Hi there!" she called, "I'm Ehto and this is Aquilla. We couldn't help but overhear you guys just now. You mentioned this being a place for the Trespasser crews to coordinate?"
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aquila, Ehto, Stretch, IP

The knight gives a nod to Stretch, who he had just been on a mission with but figured that it didn't matter much to the conversation, before giving a wave to the metallic being, clearly armored but not wearing armor. Strange.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stretch, Aquila, Ehto, IP

Stretch turned to Ehto and proceeded to half-repeat himself without missing a beat.

"Ah, yeah, I was with Aquila earlier -hi!- but it's really nice to meet you, Ehto! I was just explaining how this place was almost definitely made by an animal person! See, being able to use all these different kinds of materials, like that metal which is definitely magic, needs a lot of magic juice proficiency, but at the same time this little tree is just a decoration and was probably just there to show off who the creator is! And since this is a tree, it's probably an animal person, because as I've seen in my adventures, rabbits can do this kind of thing and more with grass, so it's just a different kind of animal villager. But I've only ever known animal villagers to be kind, open people, so it's okay!" Here Stretch actually looked over Ehto and, seeing that she appeared to be some form of dog girl, nodded sagely and approvingly, "So that was the part I explained to IP. But the rest of what I was thinking was that, see, they can create a bunch of portals between worlds and stuff so they probably know everything, and we met that Artemis Duck guy so I know that there are a bunch of people having a bunch of other people form into teams to fight the Trespassy Guys. So that's probably what that is! A nice and powerful animal villager magic-juice-user probably put this together for us to make working together easier."

He turned to IP. "As for the wisdom I can provide... well, I guess what I'd say is that you should always make sure to look on the other side to see why people are doing things, and see the ways that you can make them like you! I once made peace between two villages by helping to solve the food problem that was making one of them raid the other, and also by stretching my neck way higher than the other guy could stretch his neck, which is a key negotiation tactic that I recommend you learn."

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile

"Oh, yeh I see, that's pretty neat," She honestly didn't understand most of what he was going on about, but at least his mentions of 'animal villagers' kindness and whatnot meant he was more open minded than her would-be peers back home. Probably. She turned to Aquilla questioningly, since he apparently already knew the man, and leaned in to whisper:

"Hey um... is this stretch guy always like this? I've seen and met some pretty crazy people in my travels, but just now took the cake. The last part actually makes a bit of sense though."
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The knight nods, rubbing his "chin" (or where it would be if his helmet wasn't in the way) as he considers both what Stretch said and Ehto's question. After a moment he speaks, first whispering to Ehto then looking mainly at IP and Ehto as he continues a more conversational tone. "Yeah, good guy, just kind of hard to follow.... Yeah, that makes sense. Apparently animal people are really common on other worlds. I saw a lot of cat people on the last world we were on at least, and they seemed like fine people even if they got some looks! Oh and there was the guy with the spidery outfit, he was cool. Anyway I don't know much of anything about magic but I figure that Stretch knows more than me so I assume he's right about that stuff!" Aquila nods to himself, an audible smile in his words.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

"Neck stretching... That sounds... Rather unorthodox. But very well."
Turning to the rest of the group, the android gave a quick bow. "I am Instructor Prototype, Kaida Corporation android. It's nice to meet you..."

IP looked to the others, clearly unsure of what to say or do.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Yeah, it turns out that stretching very tall is a way of proving your worthiness to be a chief, which I did with the snake villagers back home! I could not stay forever, so I couldn't do it, but I did journey instead with the old chief for a while. I miss Rope already, honestly. I hope he's doing okay these days." Stretch grew pensive for just a moment before he inevitably rubberbanded back to another topic. "And yes, animal people are most of the people I've met! I'm pretty sure that if there's an infinite number of worlds, there just must be an infinite number of animal villager villages so you should really keep it in mind, it probably works sometimes."

He was quite curious about Ehto, though. She was rather more human than the animal people he was used to (he wasn't sure but he didn't think the no dice guy counted), but she probably still one! "What about you? Where do you come from? Is there any becoming very tall to become chief where you're from?"

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile

"Ehto," She nodded to the strange metal man before addressing Stretch, "I come from Occida, a world of sorcery, astral horrors, and wild magic. And no, we don't have height based hierarchies there. At least not in the literal sense. Though some folks get pretty stuck up once they get in power but correlation doesn't equal causation. Most of the ruling council is made up of whoever can curry the most favor among their peers and demonstrate the greatest aptitude in their field. It... mostly works out. Aside from a few hiccups. Like sending an incompetent mook to repeatedly try and murder me."
    She visibly pursed her lips at the thought of that whole series of fiascos, but soon enough she shook her head, tail wagging again "But enough about me, I'm curious about these Animal Villagers you keep mentioning. What are they like? Are they... common in your world?"

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile

Freya, Lyra

Naturally, it didn't take long at all for the hall to become filled with people, both ones that she knew and ones that she were unfamiliar with. Mostly unfamiliar, but hey, from what she could see, those ones seemed pretty friendly. So, shy as she was, Freya to take a chance, approaching the one woman in the group of unfamiliar that didn't seem to be that comfortable with their new situation,

"Hey there! Name's Freya, how are you?" the young Necromancer asked as she approached, quickly adjusting the large witch's hat perched atop her head as she introduced herself. It was important to make a good first impression to someone you weren't familiar with, after all.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Freya, Lyra

Lyra briefly glanced at the others and, deciding that there was no danger, walked closer and extended her own hand to shake. "Lyra Concept. Independent Contractor. It's good to meet you, Freya. I take it you've also been brought here to help fight the Trespassers?"

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile

"The Inquisition's reputation extends to other worlds?  I don't know whether to be more impressed or horrified.  I am... not pleased to learn that other worlds felt the need to create an Inquisition.  In my home, it is a... regrettable necessity.  In less dire conditions, I had hoped it would not be found," Rachel sighs, "I cannot apologize for actions the Ecclesiarchy and Holy Ordos had no part in, but I would give condolences regardless.  Without the guidance of the God-Emperor to ensure some members of your home's inquisition remain righteous, they must have committed some truly terrible acts."
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Vi-Ra-Nor, Sister Rachel

"Well, it wasn't an Inquisition, just the one Inquisitor." God-Emperor? The image of Kallisto ruling a country flashed into her head. Sounds horrible. She tried not to let her discomfort at the notion show on her face. "I didn't get along with the Church even before I learned the truth about the four gods, nevermind afterward." She rolled her eyes at the thought, ears flicking in remembered irritation as she crossed her arms. "I think I might know a little more about them than some priestess reading out of a dusty old tome." Martyr shook her head.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10