Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Adventures of Furhammer the Gerbil of Doom  (Read 3426 times)

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
The Adventures of Furhammer the Gerbil of Doom
« on: February 24, 2008, 08:40:00 am »

I'm sick and tired of this guard gig.  All I do all day is walk around, eat, sleep, talk to random adventurers about the surroundings, the capital, and my extended family...  Well no more!  From this day forth the mayor can go throw him or herself the Sporrosota Kadest, I'm going to be an adventurer.  As an adventurer I'll need an adventurer's name.  No longer be known as Lelgo Badluck!  From this day forth I shall be known as Furhammer the Gerbil of Doom!  Tomorrow I'm taking my maul, my shield, and my armor, and I'm going to slaughter a goblin fortress!

7th of Moonstone 1057

I have traveled north along the coast, past the town of Packpanted, then over The New Swamp and The Uncertain Prairie. After passing the town of Bristlestance I entered The Dangerous Hills of Extricating, or so my map calls it.  northerners are a bit... odd.

Finally I have arrived at The Long Spines, and early this morning I found the dark fortress of Intensecurse... Not really all that intimidating a name.  Not compared to Furhammer the Gerbil of Doom at least.  I look forward to introducing these goblins to my maul.

[ February 24, 2008: Message edited by: Ioric Kittencuddler ]

Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventures of Furhammer the Gerbil of Doom
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 09:19:00 am »

9th of Moonstone 1057

I swear they are afraid of me.  I searched the tower I had found from top to bottom and found only a single priest, two guards and two unarmed goblins.  Is that all the "mighty" goblin race can muster to defend against Furhammer the Gerbil of Doom?  I could not even find a way into the other towers, since the entrance to this one was at the top of a cliff and went down into the mountainside.  After hours of searching I began to get thirsty and left in search of some water.  Strangely, I found a lone guard while patrolling far from the fortress.  I quickly slaughtered it.  Not much of a challenge really.  It nicked me with one of it's arrows, but then I was upon it and broke it's bones like twigs.

I've now returned to the fortress to see if I will have any better luck in finding goblins to slay.

[ February 24, 2008: Message edited by: Ioric Kittencuddler ]

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 09:24:00 am »

Oh well.  Furhammer got sniped while standing on at the top of a cliff the first arrow glanced away.  The second broke his upper body.

Your right lung has been pierced!
Your left lung has been pierced!
Your heart has been pierced!
Your upper spine has been broken!
You lose hold of the Iron shield.
You lose hold of the Iron maul.
You fall over.
You give in to pain.
The flying Iron arrow strikes You in the upper body!
It is pierced through completely!
The Iron arrow has lodged firmly in the wound!
You have been shot and killed.

I'm a terrible writer anyway.  :roll:

Fenrir

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 09:26:00 am »

Death does not mean the story is over.

BDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 11:14:00 am »

Indeed.  There's story to be had in the death itself, in the descendants, in the people encountered on the journey, maybe in the monster that slew you in the first place with a bit of editing...
A HREF="http://www.bay12games.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=12&t=000218">A Kobold''s Quest

A Kobold''s Quest II

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 05:23:00 pm »

Lol, I don't even know what killed him.  I assume it was a goblin archer at the bottom of the cliff or something.  :confused: