Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Random interaction based on proximity,reputation and deeds[Adventure mode]  (Read 787 times)

Lioneez

• Bay Watcher
  • Challenged.
    • View Profile

Well, this Idea came to me after re-watching lord of the rings, I thought it would be cool if entities outside my companions and party would seek out my adventurer to give me a quest based on a few factors of course which we should make a score system in a few "IF" statements:

1)Skill level(lets say minimum would be "competent" at a few skills)
2)Notable kills(for harder quests with a minimum ofc of lets say 10-20)
3)Reputation(this is kind of hard to explain but lets say you killed a civilian from some civilization, they probably wont go to ask you for any favors, basically put what triggers them spitting at you as a condition)
4)Rumor heard by entity with position/a certain desire(Quite simply, if an entity heard of your deeds it will want to seek you out given ofc it needs you to kill something or get something)
5)Proximity(straight foward, an entity wont go to seek you out if you settled in a dangerous area or one without a close civilization near by[you can make warriors an exception to that as long as they have a heart person])

I thought that it would be cool if you decided to make a home for yourself far away and the world entities would have tried to seek you out, you already wake up when something dangerous is near by so it should not be that much of a problem I'd think.
any thoughts?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

See here.  It’s even still on the first page…
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.