Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Advise me to not buy this game thread.  (Read 9923 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Advise me to not buy this game thread.
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2021, 07:34:56 pm »

Some people say project hospital is cheaper and more satisfying. I have it but havent gotten around trying it yet. I recall the selling point is that it was more serious than TH or TPH. I also recall reading that the economic sim was surprisingly dead on.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2021, 02:53:27 am »

Personally, it always seemed too expensive for my liking, but I bought it on the sale despite my computer not being able to run it. Even though Theme Hospital seems awfully silly in hindsight, it has a lot of nostalgia value and a special place in my heart - even if I'm pretty sure I only played a demo of it as a kid.   

« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 06:39:54 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2021, 03:01:35 am »

Tbh I got the Project Hospital thing because of the alleged realism, yet have been a bit reluctant to launch it because of the very same reason: I play games to chill out/relax, and its too reminiscent of my day job 🤣
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2021, 05:23:48 am »

“Now, I have to tell you, it's an unbelievably complex subject. Nobody knew health care could be so complicated.” - some random guy

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2021, 11:07:51 pm »

“Now, I have to tell you, it's an unbelievably complex subject. Nobody knew [insert basically anything here] could be so complicated.” - some random guy

Fixed that for you!  :P

Remember: "Everything is easy if you're not the one that has to do the work!"

EDIT: Well, missed the sale, not spending full price.  Hm, maybe I should check out Project Hospital, I found the overall silliness of Two Points Hospital to be a turnoff.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2021, 10:29:05 am »

“Now, I have to tell you, it's an unbelievably complex subject. Nobody knew [insert basically anything here] could be so complicated.” - some random guy

Fixed that for you!  :P

Remember: "Everything is easy if you're not the one that has to do the work!"

EDIT: Well, missed the sale, not spending full price.  Hm, maybe I should check out Project Hospital, I found the overall silliness of Two Points Hospital to be a turnoff.

I've played both, and I do find I enjoy the verisimilitude of PH more than the silliness of TPH.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]