Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 51

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Fall [Game over]  (Read 42028 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 7 - Sign up now! [8/9+]
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2021, 09:32:12 pm »

I will literally join as soon as I'm able to.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2021, 03:34:13 pm »

In.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2021, 07:31:54 pm »

Alrighty.  I'll go ahead and roll things up and start asking for class selection; it's pretty unlikely we'll get anyone else at this point.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 7 - [9/9+]
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2021, 07:40:45 pm »

Do we get to know how many of each alignment exist?

Also, everyone should chose Paladin and lie about choosing Paladin. Except maybe Web if they want a handicap.  :P

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2021, 07:57:22 pm »

No.  Roguelikes tend to be... creative with alignment distribution, so I would suggest against making assumptions.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2021, 11:40:42 am »

The undead pound at the gate, unceasingly moaning.

The nine of you were staying at Eastern Monastary when the necromancer sent his ghastly army to attack.  After a bloody struggle at the gates, the monks and the few templars managed to shut and bar the gates.  It's a wonder that more weren't lost in the fight.  As it stands, there are only three fully able templars to watch the walls, with the rest of the staff busy trying to either fortify the gate or save the injured.  Once it's clear the immediate threat is over, the bishop calls you to the chapel.

"There is a rite that can be performed.  One that will banish this army back to the underworld... but the ritual focus is in the crypts.  They go on for miles, and the way is lost.  If you all agree to go, you can use what you find down there, for the way is dangerous.   Who knows what all lurks down there; the crypts were built into tunnels that have existed for times beyond record."

Everyone agrees to help.  Nodding, the bishop lights a sacrament candle.  "I will seek guidance in a prayer."  He lights the candle, speaks the words of ritual, and closes his eyes.  When they reopen, they are blank and unfocused.  He drones out words in a monotone, giving vague directions to where the focus can be found.  Everyone nods, trying to memorize the path.  He closes his eyes again and is silent... but then he bolts to his feet, booming out in a voice not his own.

"At least one of you is an agent of the Necromancer."

He shakes and shudders out of his trance, as everyone stares at each other.  Nevertheless, there's no time; you must go into the Crypts of the Eastern Monastary.

Day 1 has begun!

Day 1 will last until Tuesday, 6/1 at 10 PM EST.

There are six items in the public pool.

MOD NOTE:  I am moving my phase change time back one hour from 11 PM to 10 PM Eastern US.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Crypts of the Eastern Monastery [Day 1]
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2021, 12:08:11 pm »

@NQT:
What do you expect from Day 3?

@prefuzek:
Have we played before? What do you plan on doing?
(also your avatar is going to confuse me greatly since it's similar to someone else's on MU)

@Jim Groovester:
Two scum?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2021, 02:21:17 pm »

How's it feel to be back, Toony?

Also, what would you say if I told you I picked Paladin?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2021, 02:31:06 pm »

Question you, why did you pick Paladin? We all know you'll be dead by day 3.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2021, 02:37:38 pm »

I feel like The Flash. Everybody is moving in slow motion around me here.

Me too.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2021, 02:58:22 pm »

ToonyMan, webadict, if I did nothing and let you do the heavy lifting would I still win the game?

BluearianKnight, Vector isn't in the game yet so are you scum? If Vector replaces into the game will you become scum?

TricMagic, will you be easy to read this game? How will people read you this game?

notquitethere, what's your opinion about Roguelike Mafias? I feel like if I paid less attention there'd be enough similarities between Roguelike Mafias and CYOMs that I could confuse the two.

I RVS vote nothing because RVS votes are dumb.

@Jim Groovester:
Two scum?

I assume so.

I don't have enough history of Roguelike Mafias to know if the random items make enough difference for the town that they can deal with a 3p mafia team in a 9p game.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2021, 03:03:38 pm »

Hello everyone. I'm pleased to be back in a Roguelike again, and pleased also that I'm not a mad serial killer this time.

D3 players will have had two chances of questing, so it's likely there'll be one or two powerful Rares or Artefacts floating around. If this proceeds like a normal game death-wise, we'll be down to four players and it'll look like LYLO, but given player items it might not be. What am I missing?

Fallacy, should we no-lynch today?

Jim, I love the random item aspect of this format. And the class choosing is similar to CYOM. The big similarity is we have an additional piece of scum hunting info in this game: players pick their class after they get their alignment and this might in itself be informative.

Is someone picking paladin automatically suspicious?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2021, 03:42:56 pm »

ToonyMan, webadict, if I did nothing and let you do the heavy lifting would I still win the game?
Maybe.

D3 players will have had two chances of questing, so it's likely there'll be one or two powerful Rares or Artefacts floating around. If this proceeds like a normal game death-wise, we'll be down to four players and it'll look like LYLO, but given player items it might not be. What am I missing?
Are you there?

Not really. It makes town inspects mean less though.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2021, 03:46:14 pm »

I feel like The Flash. Everybody is moving in slow motion around me here.

Me too.
ToonyMan is probs Town.

Question you, why did you pick Paladin? We all know you'll be dead by day 3.
TricMagic is leanscum.

I feel you leaning Town, and since I believe Toony is Town, then yes, because I am also Town.

Absolutely, which is why I did.

Leanscum for you btw.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2021, 03:48:57 pm »

Oh, and I'll take this time to say I'm a Paladin, so inspects are useless on me.

Anyone else that'd like to claim so now, please do so.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 51