Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 121882 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Gotta Go FAST!
« Reply #1395 on: January 14, 2022, 06:28:17 am »

"Debby. I got myself hurt and I need your help, will you come?"
"I'm on my way, should I be prepared for a fight or is this a noncombat injury?"

Grab Elizabeth, pull the link with Grey and teleport to him, then see about preforming first aid and also asking his body to heal itself, spend a fate point on the last part.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: January 14, 2022, 07:02:31 am »

"There's nobody around, it's just me and Hugh who is fine. It was a magical mishap."

While he waits Grey puts a spell on his needle:Maintain the health of Grey and all of his allies within 100 meters of him. He examines his hands as well to see if his gloves are gone.

Also, a question. Earlier you said this:
Glove chasing continues. And it will continue for at least another 20 or so hours at the pace its going.
My question is, is it possible for us to run for that long? We know that Homunculi from our corps are more efficient than humans in some areas so if we had to carry on for that long, is there a real risk of becoming too exhausted to continue? Using Grey, Hugh and Tess's experience chasing the glove so far as a yardstick.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: link web (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 03:33:13 am by Fire and Glory »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Screaming Silence
« Reply #1397 on: January 14, 2022, 07:27:47 am »

Genesis speaks calmly. "You shouldn't have done that, Sunny. I don't take kindly to people who assault my allies, or those who steal from the grieving."

Spend one fate point to disrupt Sunny's spell activation. If, by some odd twist of fate, Sunny manages to actually remove the magic from Sharpe or otherwise incapacitate her, spend the other fate point to stab him with my ... needle.

If instead, Horizon rethinks his action, and no response is necessary, look through my glove to gauge the progress of our magic scout, and through the needle to see Grey's whereabouts. mark the direction to Grey by marking a line following the needle link.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: links (click to show/hide)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: The Turn where everyone failed to be productive
« Reply #1398 on: January 14, 2022, 12:00:07 pm »

Stick with the glove for now, but keep checking in on Grey.

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes apple trees for their fruit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: January 14, 2022, 01:06:39 pm »

Aaron quickly looks around him for whatever has the black magic, needle at the ready. If nothing tries eating or kidnapping him or another homunculus, he starts judging distances between himself and other people and objects around him. He also calls over to Sunny to help him.

"Hey Sunny, there is something distinctly unfriendly here close by. It is animated by slimy black magic, and probably wants to kill us. Would you help me find it, to get rid of it?"

Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.
I love dwarven status reports.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Seclusion
« Reply #1400 on: January 14, 2022, 02:50:43 pm »

Frowning at the ladies lack of manners, Sunny decides to teach her some. "Rude!" the homunculi says sounding uncharacteristically annoyed "You seem to use magic? Hm, well magic ca-?"

In the middle of asking Magic to kindly vacate the lady, someone interrupted and distracted him successfully.

Aaron quickly looks around him for whatever has the black magic, needle at the ready. If nothing tries eating or kidnapping him or another homunculus, he starts judging distances between himself and other people and objects around him. He also calls over to Sunny to help him.

"Hey Sunny, there is something distinctly unfriendly here close by. It is animated by slimy black magic, and probably wants to kill us. Would you help me find it, to get rid of it?"

"Why didn't you say so potential new friend!" Sunny's attention immediately drawn to someone asking for help "I will gladly help!" with that he skips off towards Aaron completely forgetting about Sharpe.

Assist my new best friend in getting rid of the thing Aaron mentioned, but not by hurting it instead by telling it nicely to go away.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 02:56:38 pm by Horizon »
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: January 14, 2022, 02:55:50 pm »

((There action rethinked, we good.))

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: January 14, 2022, 07:05:10 pm »

Hugh stays by Grey, ready to defend the two of them as he scans the surroundings with his needle.

Spoiler: Hugh (click to show/hide)

Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: January 15, 2022, 02:04:03 am »

((for the record, I, the player, was not opposed to or upset with your action, though it did feel out of character to the effervescent Sunny.
Genesis knows and was helped by Sharpe though, and views her as one of us.

And I suppose Sunny could totally be the superficially friendly, but secretly quite aggressive type.))

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: January 15, 2022, 03:44:46 am »

Frowning at the ladies lack of manners, Sunny decides to teach her some. "Rude!" the homunculi says sounding uncharacteristically annoyed "You seem to use magic? Hm, well magic can you leave this rude lady?"

Sunny beseeches the magical abilities of this woman to cease being apart of her.

(Be sure to edit your original action too, otherwise there might be sad consequences after PW reads it and types an update.)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: January 15, 2022, 03:59:30 am »

"There's nobody around, it's just me and Hugh who is fine. It was a magical mishap."
"Okay that's good I didn't want to have to figure out how to fight something while also preforming first aid."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: January 15, 2022, 05:28:51 pm »

Frowning at the ladies lack of manners, Sunny decides to teach her some. "Rude!" the homunculi says sounding uncharacteristically annoyed "You seem to use magic? Hm, well magic can you leave this rude lady?"

Sunny beseeches the magical abilities of this woman to cease being apart of her.

(Be sure to edit your original action too, otherwise there might be sad consequences after PW reads it and types an update.)

(Yep I did just now.)

((for the record, I, the player, was not opposed to or upset with your action, though it did feel out of character to the effervescent Sunny.
Genesis knows and was helped by Sharpe though, and views her as one of us.

And I suppose Sunny could totally be the superficially friendly, but secretly quite aggressive type.))

(Oh no I get it, Sunny has not known Sharpe and found wanted to get her attention initially but now his attention has been drawn away.)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1407 on: January 18, 2022, 09:38:24 pm »

Frowning at the ladies lack of manners, Sunny decides to teach her some. "Rude!" the homunculi says sounding uncharacteristically annoyed "You seem to use magic? Hm, well magic ca-?"

Sharpe flicks a pointed glance at you.  "We don't have time for pleasantries."

"Debby. I got myself hurt and I need your help, will you come?"
"I'm on my way, should I be prepared for a fight or is this a noncombat injury?"

Grab Elizabeth, pull the link with Grey and teleport to him, then see about preforming first aid and also asking his body to heal itself, spend a fate point on the last part.
[2,1][4][+2 hp to Grey]
You yank the thread and spend a full second or two screaming through the forest and come to rest next to Grey.  You take a look at the injury: He's impaled himself on the stump of a broken branch on this tree. You ask his body to heal himself and either it can't or won't. It doesn't even respond. You shrug. With Hugh's help you carefully pull Grey free from the tree and use moss like gauze to pack the wound as best you can. You use some strips of cloth left over from the living puppet experiment to bandage it up as best you can.  Its a messy job and he'll definitely die of an infection if you don't complete the mission within a few days. Assuming Homunculi can get infections....

While he waits Grey puts a spell on his needle:Maintain the health of Grey and all of his allies within 100 meters of him. He examines his hands as well to see if his gloves are gone.

Also, a question. Earlier you said this:
Glove chasing continues. And it will continue for at least another 20 or so hours at the pace its going.
My question is, is it possible for us to run for that long? We know that Homunculi from our corps are more efficient than humans in some areas so if we had to carry on for that long, is there a real risk of becoming too exhausted to continue? Using Grey, Hugh and Tess's experience chasing the glove so far as a yardstick.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: link web (click to show/hide)
You place a [5] version of that spell in your needle.

Homunculi are capable of running that long, especially if they pace themselves. Homunculi don't need much food, much sleep, or much rest. You're driven by forces greater than simple biology after all.

Genesis speaks calmly. "You shouldn't have done that, Sunny. I don't take kindly to people who assault my allies, or those who steal from the grieving."

Spend one fate point to disrupt Sunny's spell activation. If, by some odd twist of fate, Sunny manages to actually remove the magic from Sharpe or otherwise incapacitate her, spend the other fate point to stab him with my ... needle.

If instead, Horizon rethinks his action, and no response is necessary, look through my glove to gauge the progress of our magic scout, and through the needle to see Grey's whereabouts. mark the direction to Grey by marking a line following the needle link.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: links (click to show/hide)
You close one eye and get a glimpse of grass rushing by rapidly. Ah, right, its scuttling on its fingers which means its palm down. Hmm. You look through the needle, peeking out through gray's needle. Still in the forest but it looks...different. You hear grunting and painful gasps, so you rotate around to look through the other side of the needle. Looks like he's leaned the needle against a tree while Debby and Hugh apply aid. Hmm.

You look at the thread leading to grey and scratch a mark in the ground to indicate the direction.

Stick with the glove for now, but keep checking in on Grey.

[2]
The glove has disappeared into a thicket of tall grass and you're not sure where it went....

Hugh stays by Grey, ready to defend the two of them as he scans the surroundings with his needle.

You stand around, back to Hugh and Debby as she works on his injuries. You sense something distinctly wrong about this place.

In the middle of asking Magic to kindly vacate the lady, someone interrupted and distracted him successfully.

"Why didn't you say so potential new friend!" Sunny's attention immediately drawn to someone asking for help "I will gladly help!" with that he skips off towards Aaron completely forgetting about Sharpe.

Assist my new best friend in getting rid of the thing Aaron mentioned, but not by hurting it instead by telling it nicely to go away.

Aaron and Sunny search around the clearing carefully, poking their heads into the forest and scampering about chasing shadows. They fail to find anything though. At one point Aaron returns to where he was at first and starts counting out steps in different directions. After a while he stops, looking confused.

Sharpe observes Genesis' actions as she carefully closes her magical book.

"What are you doing?" she asks, and then a moment later "Do you have others closer to the source of the disturbance?"

As Grey lays on his back, covered in sweat and breathing heavily, he notices something.  He, and the rest of them really, had been too distracted with his injuries to really take a good look around.  He opens his eyes and glances around, head turning slowly on the pillow of moss Elizabeth had made for him. The sky is dark here...not cloudy just...dim. Its like sunset but the sun is still clearly visible overhead. Its cold, not freezing but clearly colder than it was before. He can only really feel it on his exposed face and hands but its definitely noticeable. He idly pats the hole in his robe where the tree branch punched through. Wet and cold to his touch but not inside. The robe's insulation must still be intact even with that hole.  The trees here are just as large but look sickly, and there are creeping vines with purple pink flowers and hooked black thorns crawling everywhere.  They're encircling trees, slithering over rocks, choking out smaller plants. He vaguely realizes that Debby and Hugh must have cleared a space to lay him down because the vines are thick everywhere else.

There's something else too. Something he can't place. A strange feeling, as though someone was leaning over him and looking down at him. Not a pleasant feeling. 

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: January 18, 2022, 11:01:14 pm »

keep moving in the same general direction and see if i can re-spot the glove. also, keep watch on my surroundings since I'm currently solo.

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: January 18, 2022, 11:16:40 pm »

There’s something… wrong… with this place.” Hugh says into his needle, his usually jolly demeanor replaced by palpable apprehension.

Hugh continues to scan his surroundings, ready to defend himself, Grey, Debbie, and Elizabeth.

Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 116