Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 122016 times)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Gotta Go FAST!
« Reply #1425 on: January 21, 2022, 12:13:49 am »

"When we get back to our base, I'll show you where you can get one. In the mean time, I'll think about what I could find you for a weapon, in case you need to defend yourself."

((If he gets back.  He doesn’t even have a robe or gloves…))
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: January 21, 2022, 02:45:33 am »

(I'm sure he'll be fine, just hand him a stick and point him towards the enemy.)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: January 21, 2022, 11:39:17 am »

"When we get back to our base, I'll show you where you can get one. In the mean time, I'll think about what I could find you for a weapon, in case you need to defend yourself."

"Ha ha! Worry not best friend! I shall find something!"

Sunny looks for a shield-like object.
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1428 on: January 26, 2022, 11:03:22 am »

keep moving in the same general direction and see if i can re-spot the glove. also, keep watch on my surroundings since I'm currently solo.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)
[1]
You search around in the grass and fail to find the glove. Not only that, but you get turned around and you're not even sure the direction you came from or the direction you were going.

There’s something… wrong… with this place.” Hugh says into his needle, his usually jolly demeanor replaced by palpable apprehension.

Hugh continues to scan his surroundings, ready to defend himself, Grey, Debbie, and Elizabeth.

Spoiler: Hugh (click to show/hide)

"I'm not liking the look of this place."

"Thank you all, I think I am well enough to stand, now."
"I'm not a doctor but I don't think getting up right now is a good idea, you should at least lay there a few minuets, also have I become the teams doctor because it feels like I have."

Relink my needle with Grey and make sure Elizabeth is close, then wield whatever weapon seems appropriate and be ready in case of attack.
"Thank you all, I think I am well enough to stand, now."

Grey grabs his needle from where he is to speak through it.

"Tess, we seem to be safe for now. Do you think you can catch the glove and bring it forwards to us?"

Grey examines his surroundings for signs of magic using his needle, particularly those vines.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: link web (click to show/hide)
[2][4][3]
Hugh looks around and sees...well this place is creepy but he doesn't really see anything which screams threat.  Debby on the other hand notices that there is magic flowing through the vines here, strange throbbing dark magic that hurts to look at. Also the vines are growing fast enough for her to just barely see them grow. Grey sees roughly the same.

Action below.
Sharpe observes Genesis' actions as she carefully closes her magical book.

"What are you doing?" she asks, and then a moment later "Do you have others closer to the source of the disturbance?"
Respond
"Hmm? yes we do. I sent a glove imbued with the source's magic as a scout, returning to its nest. Several of the others followed it. Looks like one got himself injured in the chase. In hindsight, I should have ensured i had a way of tracking the glove before sending it off. I can get us to the advanced party whenever, if you like. Same as the deer headed one just did. Or do you have your own means?"

If Sharpe consents to a ride-along, make sure all the homunculi by the crater have links to someone in the advance party (I have 2 link slots available, and anyone else can link with each other) , then grab Sharpe around the waist and pull Grey's thread.

If she prefers her own travel arrangements, leave her to it and go when she does.

Either way, before we go, take careful note of direction, landmarks, and other reference points to orient myself with on arrival, assuming i can see anything of the like. Also, whe nI arrive, make a quick note of any links back toward the crater so we know which direction to go.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: links (click to show/hide)
Aaron uses his needle to speak to Hugh.
"How is your traveling going Hugh? A Capture Corps member just showed up and has been discussing the situation with Genesis."
He then seeks to know what direction the Kill Corps is in, and make a large mark toward that direction.

"Ha ha! Worry not best friend! I shall find something!"

Sunny looks for a shield-like object.

[2][?]
Sunny finds nothing! Nothing! She gets Nothing!

Aaron considers...He has a strong feeling the Destroy Corps are...to the south, moving north in the direction of the target. They're moving relatively slowly for their kind, apparently purging a lot of things as they go.

Sharpe considers Genesis' offer for a moment before nodding.

"I will warn you now: my skills are focused on self protection and containment when it comes to combat. And my goal is the being at the heart of this. I will not save you or yours if it means giving up an opportunity to accomplish my goal."

Genesis shrugs and then grabs her around the waist, pulling her close to him. She seems somewhat startled by this but doesn't fight against it. He holds the needle in the crook of his elbow and yanks the thread with his free hand. The two of them travel the vast distance to Gray and the others within moments and corporealize next to him. 

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: January 26, 2022, 12:02:01 pm »

"Huzzah my friend! I've found Nothing!" HE hoists nothing in HIS hands looking at HIS companion Aaron with giddiness "Nothing will be my shield!".

Tests out Nothing

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: January 26, 2022, 12:06:55 pm »

Hugh lowers his needle.  “Ho! Ho! Ho!  Well, it looks like we’re not in any danger right now, so I suppose we can relax!”, he says as he attempts to pull a new set of gloves from out of the sleeve of his robe.

He then notices the arrival of Genesis and his companion.  “Ho! Ho! Ho!  And who would you be, if I might ask?”, he asks the woman, bowing respectfully.

And, by the way, where are the others?

When Grey begins following his pet rock, Hugh begins following also, needle at the ready and occasionally scanning his surrounding (both with his eyes and with his needle).

Spoiler: Hugh (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 07:09:44 pm by A_Curious_Cat »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Screaming Silence
« Reply #1431 on: January 26, 2022, 04:44:32 pm »

Scan around with my normal eyes. Relink with Grey. Stab a vine with my Needle, not the murderlance, for some juicy dark magics (assuming I am informed of their hostility). Make a note as to the direction Tess is from the group. Is she far behind the advance group?? You said before that it was likely going to be many hours to the location.

"This is Sharpe, she's Capture Corps. Destroy Corps is here as well. Let's not get in each others' ways.
Hello Grey. Got yourself stabbed?
Hugh, the others are back at the crater. They have their needles, so as long as they are linked they can find us."

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: links (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 10:54:11 pm by Ozarck »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: January 26, 2022, 08:25:37 pm »

((Sunny Dee isn’t linked with anyone.  He doesn’t even have a needle.  Or a robe.  Or gloves…))

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes apple trees for their fruit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: January 26, 2022, 09:49:43 pm »

Aaron chuckles good-naturedly at Sunny's comment, and then talks to Hugh again.
"The Kill Corps are working their way slowly into the forest south of here. Ask everybody there if there is anything useful I or Sunny can do before we leave the clearing. Otherwise, we'll come join you. I feel, since we are an Investigation Corps, we should be going on ahead of the other Corps, and investigating.

While he waits for a response, Aaron walks into the forest, and gets the sturdiest limb or small tree trunk he can, as a quarterstaff. He then gives it to Sunny.

"Here, my merry man, have a staff for our travels!"

((I can bring Sunny with me if needed. It worked with Genesis and Sharpe.))
Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.
I love dwarven status reports.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: January 26, 2022, 10:55:11 pm »

((Sunny Dee isn’t linked with anyone.  He doesn’t even have a needle.  Or a robe.  Or gloves…))
((Genesis is aware of this, as am I))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: January 27, 2022, 12:09:10 am »

Tug twice on my thread to Grey. there's no benefit to being out here alone and lost like this. re-link with him afterwards
"Lost track of the glove. No point in hanging out there solo."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: January 27, 2022, 02:14:27 am »

"This is Sharpe, she's Capture Corps. Destroy Corps is here as well. Let's not get in each others' ways.
Hello Grey. Got yourself stabbed?"

"Yeah, as you can see. Hello Sharpe."

"We discovered that the vines here are practically pulsing with magic, and it's the same as what nearly put out my eye earlier."

Tug twice on my thread to Grey. there's no benefit to being out here alone and lost like this. re-link with him afterwards
"Lost track of the glove. No point in hanging out there solo."
"Alright, I can produce something similar."

Grey picks up a rock.

"Now that we're deeper in unknown territory I think we'd be best off moving at walking pace. What do you all think?"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: January 27, 2022, 03:25:56 am »

"Hey guys these vines are growing fast enough you can actually see it happening, probably don't want to spend the night here or stick around to long."
Poke the vines with my needle and see what happens while I wait for the others to desire what we're doing from here.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: January 27, 2022, 01:41:08 pm »

((But dat spandex doh))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: January 27, 2022, 04:49:45 pm »

"Now that we're deeper in unknown territory I think we'd be best off moving at walking pace. What do you all think?"
"Fine. I'm ready to move as soon as we have a direction to go in."
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 116