Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 122756 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.
« Reply #1695 on: November 04, 2022, 03:09:36 am »

"They seem really eager to do this so I doubt it'll be hard to get them to come with us and do this thing."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: November 04, 2022, 09:04:02 pm »

Ho, then!  Let’s get this started!”, Hugh exclaims as he follows Genesis and the others with his large wok at the ready.

Spoiler: Hugh (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes apple trees for their fruit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: November 04, 2022, 10:18:00 pm »

"Good luck! Let me know any important info that you want passed on to the leaders here."

Aaron, with Debby's help, arranges symbols with the ant general to convey urgent news of fighting, news of victory, and news of defeat.

((Edited to change action.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 12:30:01 am by fatcat__25 »
Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.
I love dwarven status reports.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: November 04, 2022, 11:04:10 pm »

((I take it Aaron majored in interpretive dance?))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: November 05, 2022, 03:11:39 am »

"But how do you intend tell them what we say?"
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: November 06, 2022, 01:33:33 pm »

Having just caught up to the group and still disoriented:
"Hey, sorry I fell behind, what's our goal with these ants?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: November 06, 2022, 04:28:47 pm »

"This Artisan is a servant of one of the Magi and needs to build a station of some kind in ant territory. The ants have been preventing it, but will allow it if we do something for them. Their first suggestion was murder, which we refused. So now, we are instigating war between them and another ant faction because the Magi they serve set their species up to self regulate through infighting and coups. I forget our immediate goal there, but it's in service of getting the Artisan his space to build whatever it is he needs to build.

Anyway, this group seems pretty eager for war, so the ants should be sufficiently distracted and willing to cooperate. I guess?"

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: November 06, 2022, 05:03:48 pm »

Ho! Ho! Ho there, Little Miss!”, Hugh exclaims as he addresses Tess.  “Would you like to link with me?  I can offer you orange or violet.

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: November 07, 2022, 01:41:32 am »

"I clearly was not thinking at all. Do you think anything with simple drawings and symbols would help? Otherwise, what would I be useful for in this whole adventure?"
Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: November 07, 2022, 03:18:50 am »

"I'm not really sure if drawings would do anything for them as we haven't really paid attention to if they have art or not so who knows, I say go for it if you decide to stay with the ants."

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: November 09, 2022, 10:57:27 pm »

"Debby, how about you arrange a specific easily drawn symbol for one or two potentially important messages. That way, I can immediately tell the ants here if fighting breaks out. That would vastly speed up the achievement of our goal, I think. Of course, if someone else wants to stay, I wouldn't mind going with the rest of you."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: November 10, 2022, 04:21:11 am »

"Sounds like a plan we should probably get that set up while the ants are getting organized."

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: November 12, 2022, 01:12:05 am »

"Yes, lets. I'll let you discuss and decide on the symbols with the ants, but a symbol for the outbreak of fighting, a symbol for defeat, and a symbol for victory would be my suggestions."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: November 12, 2022, 02:30:39 am »

"Those sound good but I think we might need to add retreat to that list just in case things go bad."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: November 12, 2022, 04:23:53 pm »

"Remember, our goal is to get the Artisan it's building permits. The whole point of this conflict is to get the ants to agree to that. The actual outcome of their battles is irrelevant. We are simply after bargaining points so we can get our task done."
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116