Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116]

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 117887 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.
« Reply #1725 on: November 29, 2022, 06:00:47 am »

"I'll tell Aaron what's going on and he can relay the info to the commanding ants."

Debby quickly grabs her needle and speaks to Aaron through it.
"Hey Aaron we're at the front lines, there was no attempt at scouting and they are going right for the attack, also Genesis thinks we should get them to send more guys which is probably a good idea since they're rushing right into a fortress guarded by a giant."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: December 29, 2022, 11:30:12 pm »

((Is it time for the monthly update?))
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes apple trees for their fruit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: January 02, 2023, 10:55:00 pm »

Hearing Debby's announcement, Aaron draws the symbol for immediate conflict on the front for the ant leaders.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.
I love dwarven status reports.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Seclusion
« Reply #1728 on: January 14, 2023, 02:32:16 pm »

Sunny has a lovely conversation with another wall, hopefully.

Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: January 19, 2023, 12:24:57 am »

((Glad you are back! Now to see when PW sees that there are actions to resolve here, and takes the time to do so.))
Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1730 on: January 28, 2023, 02:31:59 am »

((Is it time for the monthly update?))
We're going for a quarterly release method now!

What has the artisan been doing meanwhile? Is it back in the other territory beginning it's building?
Grab Debbie and hop off the ants. Watch the impending comedy unfold, but try not to be in the thick of it.

"I think we've done all we can for the moment. Perhaps you should go back and report that the fighting has begun, and suggest the others send a small expeditionary force here to support their brave vanguard. Maybe say something about only the bravest and strongest would dare venture forward. You know, so every ant in our territory comes rushing here, leaving the artisan in peace for a while."

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: links (click to show/hide)
"Oh shit our guys are suicide charging and those guys look like they're a little bit better setup compared to our guys, maybe we should head back to our side of the bridge and watch from a afar."
Get off the ant when Genesis does, then send a message to Aaron and tell him the fighting's about to start.
Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)
Genesis and Debby bail off the ants and scamper back away from the incoming brawl. Debby sends a message back to Aaron as the carefully chosen squad of ants charges headlong into battle heedless of their orders. They don't make it all the way back across the bridge but they  do get at least like 75% of the way.

Hugh stands up and raises his wok in front of and above himself like he’s going going to strike someone with it.  “Ho! Ho! Here we go!”, he yells as he eats the distance between himself and the gigantic ant’s left eye while simultaneously swinging the wok down onto it and latching onto the gigantic ant with his free hand (he uses 3 fate points to achieve these goals).[4+1, 6-1]

Spoiler: Hugh (click to show/hide)

As Genesis and Debby flee from the action, Hugh dives directly into it. Rather than wait for a giant ant to come to him, he decides its best to go to the ant.  He raises the wok above his head and snaps down hard on the several hundred feet between himself and the ant's left eye. With a sound like a bullwhip cracking he moves instantaneously onto the giant ant's face, specifically a ridge of carapace just above the left eye. He uses his right hand to instantly grasp a jutting bit of crystalline carapace while bashing downward with his cooking dish. [6] The wok strikes the eye with a resounding and somewhat musical Clang that reverberates through Hugh's entire body. The needle's current form means it can't pierce but its blunt impact or perhaps the resonant frequency of the ringing instead results in a huge crack splitting the perfect gem-like eye of the giant ant.  It screeches and rears backwards, raising forelimbs as big as tree trunks and sweeping them across its eye in an attempt to dislodge its attacker. [2+1] (all fate points used) His hands numb from the vibrations, Hugh takes one bump from forelimb and loses his grip. He slides down the eye spread eagle, slowing is descent but not catching hold.

Hearing Debby's announcement, Aaron draws the symbol for immediate conflict on the front for the ant leaders.

Aaron signals that the "Scouting party" has run into conflict. The result is immediate: every ant in the chamber, including the upper ranking members, charges out towards the conflict with absolute glee. After only a few moments Aaron is standing alone with the Artisan.  The artisan, who has been quietly observing for the last little while, does the closest equivalent to a shrug that its strange body can muster and floats away to start its work.

Sunny has a lovely conversation with another wall, hopefully.

[2]
The wall is not very talkative right now. How odd. Its usually a regular chatterbox. Something about "all the horrible things its seen" or whatever.

Back out at the bridge, Hugh's teleporting antics have distracted the giant ant long enough to allow the friendly bugs to finish their charge and hit the wall of the fortress. They immediately begin to burrow into it or climb up over it as smaller soldier ants race to the edge of the battlements and start balls of sharpened crystal down on them. The tunnel on the friendly side of the bridge begins to rumble and clinking footsteps of hundreds of feet can be heard surging towards the bridge.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 09:13:41 am by piecewise »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: January 28, 2023, 04:33:15 am »

"Well I guess that works to, anyway I think it's time to leave."
Keep running back towards the base we came from and meet back up with Aaron, also while running message Aaron that we've got a full blown war going on here.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: January 28, 2023, 05:41:31 pm »

(What was the result of Hugh’s action?)

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: January 29, 2023, 01:26:59 am »

(It ended up in the quote, by accident. I got confused, reading it, too.)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1734 on: January 29, 2023, 09:14:01 am »

Fixed the formatting error

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: February 04, 2023, 03:23:01 am »

Ho!  Ho!  Hooooooooooo!”, Hugh yells as he attempts to grab the crack in the giant ant’s eye with one hand to arrest his fall while also keeping ahold of his wok with his other hand.  Providing that this is successful, he attempts to eat his way into it’s skull through it’s eye and eat it’s brain.

Spoiler: Hugh (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116]