Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 117842 times)

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2021, 09:47:07 pm »

I made a map for easy reference. Everyone likes maps, right?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2021, 10:40:27 pm »

Push Creation/Oz into the deposit pool and smack them if they try to take my things

Spoiler: Amyclas (click to show/hide)
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2021, 01:51:40 am »

Well, let’s start off with some magic practice.

Go up to a WOOD TRAINING DUMMY and rearrange the letters into “ODD RING” and “WOMAM”, with MUITY left over.

Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2021, 02:00:12 am »

Grab my robe, gloves, and big ass needle, then put on the clothing and go grab all the different kinds of silverware, a plate and cup from the canteen, then I don't know eat a bunch of food or something.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2021, 04:04:04 am »

Youare tries to find an introductory text on golems, and again quickly glean some information. He takes his book over to the food area and takes something from every ring, absently eating as he reads.

It is worth noting that he is still wearing nothing but a thick layer of slime.

Spoiler: Youare (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2021, 04:38:28 am »

good stuff. Thank you.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2021, 10:22:28 am »

Take a shower and freshen up.  Afterwords, get dressed and then head to the kitchen.  If Grey is still there, ask him how if he knows how everything works.  If he does, ask him to explain, follow his instructions, and thank him politely.  If he doesn’t (or if he isn’t there), then ask the kitchen itself.  If that doesn’t work, than experiment.  Regardless, obtain and eat a meal.

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)

Speaker gets cleaned up , dons his newly aquired uniform, and then heads to the kitchen. He talks with Gray for a few minutes and learns the way the food conduit works, or at least Gray's interpretation of it. With that knowledge he makes himself his first, and hopefully not last, meal.

Await instructions from the orange voice in the walls. Make Amyclys get her items from the box, then steal the items from her.

"So, I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is,  am still dry and there is no poop on my hands. The bad news is this place hates fun."

Oh! No!

I’ll just assume that The Speaker doesn’t see any of this because he’s already headed to the rooms, but he’s not going to be pleased when he finds out Creation has been bullying Amyclas.

Also, I have a bad feeling about that book.  It might be the nail that we end up failing our mission for want of…
Feel free to make an IC fuss about it, lol. I don't mind, even if my character dies for it.

Edit:  post ended up borked because Ozarck forgot a tag.  Took a while to fix things… >:(
oops.

Spoiler: Character: Creation (click to show/hide)
Push Creation/Oz into the deposit pool and smack them if they try to take my things

Spoiler: Amyclas (click to show/hide)
[1v3]
Creation and Amy get into a slap fight and both end up falling into the deposit tank. They get booted back out a moment later, as before.

When finished enjoying the cranberry juice and whatever's left of the meal, Grey disposes of the leftover dishes. Then, chronology abiding, Grey gives a short summary of the ring's functions to the speaker.

Grey then heads to the training room and stabs one of the dummies a few times to observe the results.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Gray Finishes his meal and gives a quick explaination about how the whole setup works before heading off to the training room. [6] He gives a training dummy a good solid stab with his needle.[6] Despite the seemingly awkward shape and design of the weapon it actually turns out to be surprisingly effective for stabbing at least.

The weapon penetrates the wood exactly as you'd expect a big sharp metal thing to do, but the next part is a bit odd. There's no visial indication of anything odd happening but, as long as gray leaves the needle stabbed into the dummy, the dummy doesn't reset.

Well, let’s start off with some magic practice.

Go up to a WOOD TRAINING DUMMY and rearrange the letters into “ODD RING” and “WOMAM”, with MUITY left over.

[5] (Womam is not a word)
Luta places her hands on one of the training dummies. Her hands seem to press down into it in a shimmer of purplish light and she fiddles with its essence.  She withdraws her hands a moment later and the entire dummy glows purple before vanishing in a shimmer.  In its place is a ring, the sort that a person would wear on their finger. The ring is made of wood and has a small carved image of the dummy's head poking out of it.

Grab my robe, gloves, and big ass needle, then put on the clothing and go grab all the different kinds of silverware, a plate and cup from the canteen, then I don't know eat a bunch of food or something.
Debby gets dressed and then attacks the kitchen with gusto.

Youare tries to find an introductory text on golems, and again quickly glean some information. He takes his book over to the food area and takes something from every ring, absently eating as he reads.

It is worth noting that he is still wearing nothing but a thick layer of slime.

Spoiler: Youare (click to show/hide)
[3] You manage to find a small text about golems, but doing so takes the entire turn. You don't even have time to read it!

(Will add it to the OP.)

The entire cavern suddenly howls and shivers. There is a great sucking noise and the normally dead calm air of the cavern begins to move, flowing towards the teleporter room.  Creation and Amy, who are right next to the teleporter room,  poke their heads out to see that the metal arch is now filled with a strange blackness. Its not totally black though: the edges of the portal are an oilslick shimmer of colors and multicolored pinpoints of light swim in the darkness like otherworldly stars.  The previously blank plaque next to the portal now shows the following:

A magical beast has attacked a settlement of mundanes. Uphold the Covenant of Protection and destroy the beast. This is our will.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2021, 07:30:34 pm »

If the speaker hasn’t finished his meal, then take the food into the cauldron room and ask if anyone knows what that was.  Try to finish the food as fast as possible without choking oneself.  Also, make sure to grab our needle and hold it tucked under one arm.  If we have finished our meal, then just grab our needle instead, dispose of our dishes, and go into the cauldron room and ask.

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)

Edit:  forgot a few things…
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 10:14:16 pm by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2021, 10:01:04 pm »

Grey follows the flowing air to the cauldron room, meeting with The Speaker. After denying any knowledge, he speculates that it is likely the gate, considering it is one of the only objects with real function in this place. He then continues to the teleporter room.

In the interests of momentum, After a minute or two of considering the portal, Grey puts his arm through the blackness first, and then walks through.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 04:24:18 am by Fire and Glory »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2021, 10:20:51 pm »

“Oh?  Is that what it is?”

Finish eating (if necessary and there is enough time -otherwise, scrape the remaining food off into the cauldron-), dispose of the dishes and silverware in the kitchen, make sure we have our needle with us, and go to the teleportation room.

Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2021, 02:01:52 am »

Quickly finish the food, then talk to myself and try to talk to my organs and see what happens on the way to the teleportation room.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2021, 02:11:30 am »

Head to portal
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2021, 03:14:55 am »

If you're still accepting characters, here's one.

Spoiler: Bob the Homunculus (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2021, 04:24:29 am »

Updated my action.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2021, 04:36:36 am »

Come on, you lot, we got work to do. Plaque says it's go time!

Shove Amyclas through the portal. No time for inventory now, she can go as is. Whether that action succeeds or not, go through the portal myself and examine the surroundings, with special attention to locating villagers and noting any obvious signs of magical beasts.

Spoiler: Character: Creation (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 04:38:17 am by Ozarck »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 116