Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 122689 times)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Unique Pain
« Reply #495 on: July 13, 2021, 10:34:51 pm »

<snip>

"I don't think I know enough to properly answer, to be honest, but if you want me to make my best attempt I can try. I would like to attempt to talk them out of it, allow an impartial party to provide their retribution, to give them justice and consolation instead of vengeance and satisfaction. But if justice can't be otherwise served, then I'd let them go about it. I don't think murder should go unpunished, I just think revenge creates additional victims and harm, and leaves behind an emptiness when you get your revenge and realize that it doesn't make anything better."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The man does not respond but something about him seems like he's smiling in a rather knowing way.

<snip>

She makes a very good point.

<snip>

Now, the second question.

He points at Genesis.

Should he live?

Edit:  just to make sure, the below was said before Genesis gave his explanation.

I didn’t see the whole fight, so I can’t be sure about what exactly happened, but I believe it had to do something about the newcomer ignoring our purpose and mission and instead helping himself to the dead Mage…. Elliot I think his name was…  Elliot’s possessions.  I didn’t see the whole fight, so it’s possible that, …whoever this is,” The Speaker gestures towards Genesis, “may have acted in self-defense.  Then again he may not.

((After rereading, I think that Genesis may have acted with excessive force which would rule out self-defense.  The Speaker, of course, doesn’t know this…))

The speaker then turns to the stranger, “I wish I knew what the Magi thought of these people’s actions.  Is it allowable to steal and plunder like our dead compatriot did? And what about the actions of the other?”, he asks gesturing towards Genesis.  “Unfortunately, I’m not sure we’ll ever meet a Magi, so I’m afraid these question will likely go unanswered.

Lastly, he turns to Debby and Elizabeth.  “I’d be interested in knowing what your new friend thinks of this whole situation.

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 10:37:50 pm by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 13, 2021, 10:45:25 pm »

"Both before and after I put my needle through his chest."

((Could you point out where Genesis gave Rairvuch a warning before stabbing him?  From what I read, it appears that Genesis stabbed him twice and that the first time was without any warning!))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 13, 2021, 11:06:39 pm »

((I could, but I'll leave it to your and Speaker's memory :D
If Speaker doesn't believe a first warning was issued, they can vote against Genesis or raise the question.
Remember, I am not on trail, Genesis is ;D If it were about my ooc actions that'd be a different matter.

Though, that first warning was probably practically shouted in Speaker's ear, since it happened shortly after our little overboard shenanigans))
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 11:10:47 pm by Ozarck »

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 13, 2021, 11:08:33 pm »

"I believe his actions to be extreme, but not unjustified. Such wanton behavior and unawareness from the one who was killed likely would have jeopardized our efforts in the future, even if his actions were harmless at the time."

Grey glances at Drip and The Speaker.

"Furthermore, I believe Genesis's investigative thinking and...grounded mindset is a boon to us, which would hurt to lose."

"I say he should live."

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 11:21:36 pm by Fire and Glory »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 13, 2021, 11:24:51 pm »

((I could, but I'll leave it to your and Speaker's memory :D
If Speaker doesn't believe a first warning was issued, they can vote against Genesis or raise the question.
Remember, I am not on trail, Genesis is ;D If it were about my ooc actions that'd be a different matter.

Though, that first warning was probably practically shouted in Speaker's ear, since it happened shortly after our little overboard shenanigans))

((Ah… found it!  Looks like I didn’t read back far enough…. Anyways, I’m not sure if speaker actually heard any of that.  He may not have been paying attention. The Speaker probably doesn’t know what exactly happened, so he’ll just keep his mouth shut and go with whatever everyone else goes with…)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 13, 2021, 11:30:37 pm »

((Speaker was a little distracted, what with realizing he wasn't dead after all, and suddenly not wanting to plummet three hundred feet to the desert below and all.))

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 14, 2021, 12:00:38 am »

((I wonder what would have happened if The Speaker had just gone ahead and cut a hand off of Elias’s corpse and given it to Genesis, rather than asking first…))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 14, 2021, 02:09:38 am »

"I think he should get to live."

Debby then turns her attention back to Elizabeth.
"You alright, I think we might be going back to our base soon."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 14, 2021, 05:04:27 pm »

go find some more clothes and two more swords.  then try to summon another laser.  this time focus on willing it to go outward in a straight line.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 05:08:04 pm by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 14, 2021, 05:53:17 pm »

Youare cheerfully offers his opinion.

"Firstly, thank you for taking hold of that castle. May I ask if we should consider it pacified?"

"Regarding my colleague... no idea. Think he might be defective? Homunculi that didn't come out of the creation process right probably ought to be destroyed, we're potentially quite destructive beings. I did find it odd, how he didn't seem to have any magic. Then again, perhaps the other homunculus was defective, the one he killed. I didn't see how it started. Perhaps neither were defective, and the killing was just a necessary part of our duties. Even if he really doesn't have any magic, it might not be a terminal flaw, in which case you should leave him alive for now. I'm a bit out of my depth here, but the main concern is probably to follow the Covenant."

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 14, 2021, 07:03:10 pm »

Youare cheerfully offers his opinion.

"Firstly, thank you for taking hold of that castle. May I ask if we should consider it pacified?"

"Regarding my colleague... no idea. Think he might be defective? Homunculi that didn't come out of the creation process right probably ought to be destroyed, we're potentially quite destructive beings. I did find it odd, how he didn't seem to have any magic. Then again, perhaps the other homunculus was defective, the one he killed. I didn't see how it started. Perhaps neither were defective, and the killing was just a necessary part of our duties. Even if he really doesn't have any magic, it might not be a terminal flaw, in which case you should leave him alive for now. I'm a bit out of my depth here, but the main concern is probably to follow the Covenant."

your colleague? who specifically are you talking about?

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 14, 2021, 07:12:27 pm »

"I think he should get to live."

Debby then turns her attention back to Elizabeth.
"You alright, I think we might be going back to our base soon."

<snip>

Lastly, he turns to Debby and Elizabeth.  “I’d be interested in knowing what your new friend thinks of this whole situation.

<snip>

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 15, 2021, 04:41:49 am »

"I'm not sure she's in the mood to talk, I think the whole situation has traumatized her somewhat."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 15, 2021, 06:21:35 am »

All I know is that the frog thst cries bronze is sad, and from what you told me is trying to kill who killed their master, and now that some of us are thieves and killers? I…I was born very very recently. I thought going through the portal was what I had to do. I had no idea what I was going to

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 15, 2021, 11:35:18 am »

wait are you guys saying that im a theif and killer?
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 116