Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 122090 times)

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Unique Pain
« Reply #555 on: July 20, 2021, 12:26:27 am »

(('Cor, I thought about asking for a run down on our equipment but I didn't know we were missing out on so much.))

"Interesting."

Grey heads into the dorm and watches Genesis's experiments with plates and bread. After that he picks up four plates and heads into the training room, placing the stack by one of the walls.

He then picks up the top plate and Maintains the position of a dummy relative to the plate, and then throws the plate towards the dummy. Unless the magic completely fails to take hold, in which case there's no point in throwing it.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 12:45:50 am by Fire and Glory »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Seclusion
« Reply #556 on: July 20, 2021, 12:28:35 am »

"Alright, let's test some stuff out, I guess. Anyone wanna try linking needles with me?"

Attempt to instill a spell into my Needle: Bind creature. Goal is to determine if Purebloods can instill spells, or if that is an artifact of the magical contamination that creates the other types.
Regardless of the outcome, grab two plates and two loaves of bread from the kitchen and try merging them. touch the end of the needle to a plate and the tip to a loaf, then touch the end to the other loaf and the tip to the other plate. is there a difference in the outcome?

link needles with a volunteer - preferably Bob - then go to a different room from him and tug three times. Once this is done, are the needles still linked? If they are, tap them three times again and see if that unlinks them.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 20, 2021, 01:12:06 am »

"Alright, let's test some stuff out, I guess. Anyone wanna try linking needles with me?"

<snip>

Why would you want to put ink on them?  Aren’t they a tad big to be writing with?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 20, 2021, 01:38:07 am »

Quote from: A_Curious_Cat
Quote from: Ozarck

Why would you want to put ink on them?  Aren’t they a tad big to be writing with?
"Depends on what you are trying to write, I suppose."

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 20, 2021, 02:10:15 am »

Quote from: A_Curious_Cat
Quote from: Ozarck

"Depends on what you are trying to write, I suppose."

I’m wondering what would happen if we touched the eyes of three or more needles together three times simultaneously.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 20, 2021, 04:09:57 am »

"Well this is interesting, I'm gonna go sew some stuff together and see what happens."
Take Elizabeth over to the bed room and lay her down in the bed so she can get some sleep, then go get a piece of cake an a sausage and sew them together.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 20, 2021, 06:33:35 am »

Wait did u post the update?
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 20, 2021, 07:35:54 am »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #563 on: July 20, 2021, 08:33:23 am »

<snip>

Yank the thread three times and anyone holding on to the needle will be transported to where the other needle is almost instantly.

<snip>

((Does the person doing the yanking teleport to the other persons position, or does the other person teleport to the yanker’s position, or do the two people swap places?  Also, is it possible to link a needle with more than one other needle?  Also, if the thread is yanked, can the person holding the other needle detect it?  Finally, does the person have to be holding the needle to be teleported, or will the needle teleport without it’s owner?

Also, I think someone forgot to ask about telepathy or some other form of remote communication!))

Yanker goes to other needle.

Yes, you can link multiple needles.

The person can feel when threads connected to their needle are pulled.

The yanker will be teleported to the location of the other needle, regardless of if that needle is currently held.  So the yanker MUST be holding the needle, but their "Target" needle doesn't have to be held.  The caveat for this is that the needle's owner must be alive. Probably not clear but the standard "Gear" each homunculi gets will vanish on their death.  Similarly, if your equipment is destroyed, check the chest and there will be replacements. If it is simply damaged, put it in the chest and close the lid. When you open it again everything will be repaired.

I'll point out that these are not the full capacities of your gear. There are a few more features that I haven't elaborated on.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 20, 2021, 08:52:17 am »

((I wouldn't be surprised if there are one or two tricks contained in the robes considering what our other stuff gets.))

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: July 20, 2021, 09:28:12 am »

Go to the box and try to get another set of gloves and another cloak.  then try to summon another laser.  this time focus on willing it to go outward in a straight line.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 09:31:28 am by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 20, 2021, 09:53:04 am »

((be sure to pump laser spell into your needle too. Or darkness spell or flash bomb or ... well, anything really.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 20, 2021, 10:53:35 am »

Go to the food conduit, and attempt to get myself a bowl of water, then head to the testing room, make sure I have some space around me, and test how my magic works

1) attempt to grow my wings to a larger size, using the air around me. it'd be cool to have them be real wings instead of tiny non-functional ones.
2) attempt to turn my left hand into wood, using a training dummy as a material. see if it is still flexible and controlable. also note what happens to the dummy when I do this.
3) attempt to dismiss the effect on my left hand.
4) attempt to turn my left hand into water, using a bowl of water from the Food Conduit, and test my control of said hand.
5) assuming I haven't accidently caused myself any self-harm so far, attempt to turn my left hand into air, using the air around me, and then test my control of said hand afterwards. do NOT do this if any of the previous actions have harmed myself.

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Occam's Razor
« Reply #568 on: July 20, 2021, 11:07:07 am »

Join in experimentation. Head to the kitchen and sew an onion and a tomato together. End of needle on onion, tip on tomato, then find another onion and tomato and do end on tomato, tip on tomato and compare results
Seems the kitchen’s a popular test area, makes sense as there’s a variety of different item types here
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 02:34:26 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Occam's Razor
« Reply #569 on: July 20, 2021, 02:19:05 pm »

Join in experimentation. Head to the kitchen and sew a cutting board and a bag together. End of needle on cutting board, tip on bag, then find another cutting board and bag and do end on bag, tip on cutting board and compare results
Seems the kitchen’s a popular test area, makes sense as there’s a variety of different item types here

((I don’t think the kitchen has any cutting boards.  Or any other food preparation items for that matter.  It’s more of a magically automated dispensary/disposal for food, dishes, and eating utensils.))

The Speaker goes to the kitchen and observes the results of the various experiments.  After that, he heads to the library.  Once there, he asks the books (spending 1 fate point):

Which of you, if any, contain information on how to create magic spells?

After that, he grabs one of the books that contains such information, finds a place to sit down, and begins reading it.

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)

Edit:  changed question and following action.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 02:24:32 pm by A_Curious_Cat »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 116