Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 122740 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Magnum Opus
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2021, 09:48:31 am »

Help Creation make sleds and labs

I’m going to use SLUDGE from where the snow is mixed with the dirt to make SLEDs, and then take some SNOW and make some SOWs to pull said sleds

Also, if there’s time, go get a GRASS BLADE and make some SABERS and a LAD

Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)

[2]
Luta attempts to fashion the sludge into sleds but succeeds only on getting her hands dirty. Well, gloves.

"What are you complaining about? We have everything we need at our disposal. I could wish we had been dropped a tad closer to the village or the big puppy though. I am not walking that far.

Grab some snow, pack it into ball form, then convert the snow ball into a sled and a lab to pull the sled. In fact make several snow balls and convert them into sleds and labs. However many I can do in one action.

Watch as Creation and Luta fail to make sleds as there is neither an “e” nor a “d” in “snow balls”, then ask our needle if Grey is right.  If someone starts moving towards the town, then go with them.

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)

Edit:  I think I got ninja’d.
[2]
Speaker asks the needle about its properties. The needle responds with a sort of...chiming or humming noise that he cannot comprehend as words.

(PW, I'm assuming I got the robes, gloves, and needle before being pulled through the gate. Let me know if that isn't the case.)

Bob takes a moment to look around before looking unimpressed. "Needs more belts. Maybe I can make one giant one from the big dog. Or many smaller ones." Bob couldn't help feeling almost naked without a belt, and so he set to rectify the problem.

Make a snow belt by packing snow into the shape of a belt. Actually, make as many snow belts as I can before we head towards the town. Or on the way to the town. Control them to follow us with my magic.

Spoiler: Bob the Belter (click to show/hide)

(We'll assume everyone grabs them unless they state otherwise or don't put them in their inventory)

[6] Bob scrambles through the snow, packing it together until he has formed a belt! Well...its a belt in the same way that a snowman is a man. A representation of a belt...BUT STILL A BELT! So what if its 10 feet long and a foot thick? Its a belt!

[2]
He attempts to control the snowbelt, trying to drag it up off the ground and along with the team. It rises maybe a few inches but then crumbles apart and falls back to the ground.

Grab some snow, pack it into ball form, then convert the snow ball into a sled and a lab to pull the sled. In fact make several snow balls and convert them into sleds and labs. However many I can do in one action.

Creation stares at his hands for a moment, brows furrowed, and mutters to himself:

"This isn't melted snow. I can't make a sled with this. Is melted even a material? snow is a material. But it is an object? The snow blankets the ground? but can I hold that in my hands? Wait, I know."

Grab some grass and rub it forcefully between my gloved hands. then walk a short distance from the portal beacon and use the grass stains to make a train.

"Hey Beltbeard! If this works, and doesn't come with it's own rails, lets use your belts as tracks!

If it doesn't work, one of you verbomancers or functionaries can probably make use of the results, anyway. I get credit either way though."

Spoiler: Character: Creation (click to show/hide)
[1]
Creation rubs grass between his gloved hands until the formerly white fabric is stained green. He then trots a few meters from the teleport conduit and raises his hands into the air. The stains glow as he rearranges their essence. He gets...unfortunately close to what he wants. But instead of TRAINS he gets STINGS.

The grass stains leap off his gloves and into the air around him, the mushed green matter reforming into thin blades of grass...in a literal sense. These blades hover in air for a moment, surrounding Creation, before turning their points towards him and rushing in like the spikes of a botanical iron maiden.

[3][4]
Creation dodges out of his own failed spell, or at least partially so. He manages to avoid taking any blades to the brain and isn't caught in the crush when they all come together, but at least a half dozen blades still embed themselves deep in his flesh. [-4 HP]

The grass blades, their stinging assault finished, soften back into normal grass.

"Let's go for the town. Try not to engage that thing until we have a plan."

Youare finds a nearby bush or tree, or failing that a plant. He scrapes the snow away from the roots, reaches into them, and pulls out the function Anchor.

He then joins any party heading towards the town.

Spoiler: Youare (click to show/hide)

[4]
Youare runs to the nearest tree- a few hundred feet from the group as the area here is mostly grassland- and sweeps the snow away from its base. Once he has uncovered a shallow root he presses his fingers into the wood and digs around for the thing he wants. After a moment or two of rummaging he yanks out what looks like a gray metallic cube. Its heavy and slow to move, like dragging lead through water. Its not anchor, but its close: "HOLD".

When the next rumbling footfall of the Wolf Titan shakes the earth the tree slowly topples over, no longer held by its roots.

"What are you complaining about? We have everything we need at our disposal. I could wish we had been dropped a tad closer to the village or the big puppy though. I am not walking that far.
”I hope you are right. If you come up with anything, catch up with us.”

Grey sets off for the town.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)
"I kind of wish we were given some kind of ranged weapon."
Start walking towards the town.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Debby and Gray, along with Speaker, Youare, and anyone else who wanted to but did not experessly put it as an action, head towards the town. There's no path towards the town, and the snow is relatively deep, but its all downhill and straight, with nothing to stop their advance. They walk quickly, half jogging down the gently sloping hills towards the villiage. As they advance, so does the Wolf Titan, its movements slow and deliberate like a man walking on ice.  As it advances the villiage begins opening up with new weapons. Rocket salvos scream out into the night and the beast blooms with dozens of explosions. The light of the flares is somewhat occluded by smoke and the odor of burnt hair and flames are carried on the wind. It does not stop its advance though, or even injure it in any major way. Only a few small patches of blood can be seen through its thick white-gray fur.

The Wolf Titan is maybe a half dozen giant steps from the villiage while the team is maybe a quarter mile from the most outlying building. They can hear the shouting of people in the villiage now, even over the continous roar of guns and rockets.  The villiage is directly ahead of them, while the titan and the forest it came from are to their right. 

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Not a Great Start.
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2021, 10:06:19 am »

Magnum Opus: Not a Great Start.
>:(

((Action to follow when I wake up later.))

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2021, 10:23:36 am »

Since I didn’t get to last time, try again to make SABERS from a GRASSBLADE and since there’s enough left over, try to make a LAD as well
Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2021, 11:10:48 am »

Once Creation catches up to the others, he pauses to catch his breath, then speaks, ignoring the giant magical creature bearing down on them and the sounds of gunfire and other weaponry from the town: "I have good news and bad news. The good news is, I almost made a train. The bad news is, this place also hates fun, and i had to walk here like the rest of you."

Run into the forest, grab some fir needles, some spruce branches, some pine cones and some tree sap and chase the Wolf Titan. When I get close enough that I might be able to touch it within a turn or so, convert a [fir needle] into [life end] and apply that to the Titan. If there are any corpses nearby that I could sled on while promising the Titan that we mean it no harm, do that too.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 03:57:52 am by Ozarck »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2021, 11:19:20 am »

Youare watches the failed attempts at magic taking place around him, peering sceptically at the meagre results. He starts to talk as the group of homunculi move towards the fighting.

"We're definitely going to need a plan. I have something here that can fix the beast to the ground, at least for a moment. We could use that opportunity to cripple the thing with our needles, or knock it down. What can the rest of you do?"
One wheel short of a wagon

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2021, 03:49:08 pm »

Once Creation catches up to the others, he pauses to catch his breath, then speaks, ignoring the giant magical creature bearing down on them and the sounds of gunfire and other weaponry from the town: "I have good news and bad news. The good news is, I almost made a train. The bad news is, this place also hates fun, and i had to walk here like the rest of you."

Run into the forest, grab some fir needles, some spruce branches, some pine cones and some tree sap and chase the Wolf Titan. When I get close enough that I might be able to touch it within a turn or so, convert a [fir needle] into [life end] and apply that to the Titan. If there are any corpses nearby that I could sled on while promising the Titan that we mean it no harm, do that too.

The forest isn't near you. As it says in the end of the last turn, the town is directly ahead, the Wolf to the right, and the forest it came out of beyond that. So you can probably find a singular tree around here, but getting to the forest would require running all the way past the titan, back to where it came,

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2021, 04:01:46 pm »

Get my items from the box and then head towards the town, gazing at it with all the curiosity and wonder I can muster while trying to see what my cognizance can learn from it.

Spoiler: Amyclas (click to show/hide)
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2021, 04:04:36 pm »

((Throw me in chief))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2021, 05:10:26 pm »

Youare watches the failed attempts at magic taking place around him, peering sceptically at the meagre results. He starts to talk as the group of homunculi move towards the fighting.

"We're definitely going to need a plan. I have something here that can fix the beast to the ground, at least for a moment. We could use that opportunity to cripple the thing with our needles, or knock it down. What can the rest of you do?"

“I’m not really sure.  If it was still in the forest and I could get close enough, I could implore the forest (or at least one or more trees) to hold it (or at least impede it).  Maybe I could ask the ground to shake beneath it.  Or I could ask the snow to form into ice beneath it (or perhaps even ask the falling snow to turn into ice to encase it).  Your plan of fixing it to the ground and using our needles sounds great to me.”

Continue to follow the others.  Have my needle at the ready.

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)

Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2021, 06:00:09 pm »

Disappointed in his continued lack of at least one belt, Bob looked around. "I need belts to do things." If he couldn't make a belt, maybe he could find one. He looked towards the Wolf Giant for a moment. "No belts." He grumbled before looking towards the town. "Maybe belts?" An idea started to form. A poor and possibly unrealistic one, sure, but it was one of the few Bob had since emerging from the cauldron.

After moving a few dozens of meters away from the group, Bob attempts to summon/control the belts in the town to move to the space 5 yards in front of him. Preferably loosened or untied and by moving around the buildings instead of through them.

Spoiler: Bob the Belter (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2021, 06:34:17 pm »

Disappointed in his continued lack of at least one belt, Bob looked around. "I need belts to do things." If he couldn't make a belt, maybe he could find one. He looked towards the Wolf Giant for a moment. "No belts." He grumbled before looking towards the town. "Maybe belts?" An idea started to form. A poor and possibly unrealistic one, sure, but it was one of the few Bob had since emerging from the cauldron.

”Cant you make belts?  Conjure them up out of nothing, I mean?” the speaker asks quizzically.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2021, 06:40:28 pm »

“I’m not really sure.  If it was still in the forest and I could get close enough, I could implore the forest (or at least one or more trees) to hold it (or at least impede it).  Maybe I could ask the ground to shake beneath it.  Or I could ask the snow to form into ice beneath it (or perhaps even ask the falling snow to turn into ice to encase it).  Your plan of fixing it to the ground and using our needles sounds great to me.”

Continue to follow the others.  Have my needle at the ready.

"That sounds like it might work. Firstly though, I think we're going to need to stop the Mundanes firing at it for a minute, unless we want to get blown to smithereens."

"Belts? Like clothing, or like ammunition? The Mundanes probably have both."
One wheel short of a wagon

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2021, 07:21:20 pm »

I hope it's not too late to jump in.  Assuming it's not...

Spoiler: Drip (click to show/hide)

Drip runs to the box, grabs and puts on one of each item, then jumps through the portal to try and catch up with the crowd.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2021, 08:36:52 pm »

”Fixing it in place seems like the best plan. If what you do is temporary, I think I can ensure it lasts. Failing that, my magic might help keep myself or someone else alive.”

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 08:39:56 pm by Fire and Glory »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2021, 08:50:40 pm »

"They are conjured from my vitality, something I would rather conserve for the moment considering the giant over there." Bob responds to the Speaker before turning to Youare. "All of them, I think. Any type of belt."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 116