Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 117843 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Unique Pain
« Reply #510 on: July 15, 2021, 11:47:21 am »

From what I heard, you killed a thief

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 15, 2021, 01:43:39 pm »

wait are you guys saying that im a theif and killer?
No, no. Genesis claimed your previous character was a looter and that Genesis killed him. Genesis was the killer in question. He stated it loud and clear after the Magi asked the group if Genesis should live.

Now's your opportunity to vote for Genesis' death though, if you want. Looks like so far he's going to live through the turn, but you might be able to convince a few teammates to vote against him for treason or something.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 15, 2021, 06:41:19 pm »

death is too good for him.  we should curse him with the inability to harm anything, both intentionally or unintentionally.  and since that would make him useless, we should ask the magi to give him a healing artifact.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 05:45:38 pm by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 15, 2021, 07:04:10 pm »

wait were outside the frog now?
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 15, 2021, 07:45:22 pm »

I’m against looting too
Let him live. Stealing is not necessary to our mission, plus he gave ample warning beforehand

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 15, 2021, 07:51:30 pm »

wait were outside the frog now?
((generally it is a good idea to at least scan to the bottom of the turn, as PW will post events that affect the whole party (or at least a significant part of it) down there, separate from individual turn actions. Here is the relevant bit from a coupel turns back:

"The person seems to smile, and then raises his hand.  He reaches towards the group...and his hand just keeps getting bigger. Within a moment it has completely filled the room and closed, snatching them up.  For a few long moments they wriggle and squirm in his grip before  suddenly they dropped a few feet...onto warm sands.  They get up and look around. Their injuries are healed, their clothing clean, their hunger and thirst satiated.  They are back in the desert and miles away is the toad tower, slowly waddling towards those northern mountains."))

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 16, 2021, 05:43:31 pm »

edited vote. 

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #517 on: July 16, 2021, 06:10:28 pm »

"I think he should get to live."

Debby then turns her attention back to Elizabeth.
"You alright, I think we might be going back to our base soon."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
She shrugs and makes a sort of  "Hmmm" noise. She seems tired.

The man listens to each person in turn and then nods.

As the majority decree, he shall live.

He turns to Genesis.

Remember your purpose and live a life without regret, no matter how short it may be.

The man looks over the group one last time.

If he is to be punished, I leave the form that takes to you. From my perspective, it would seem this situation is solved.

As he says this, the black tendrils that spirited the team away last time emerge from the man's pocket. At first they're thinner than a human hair, but they rapidly grow as they rise until they are large enough to swallow a man whole. And they do, consuming each member of the team in moments and dragging them back through that strange in between place.  Then, just as rapidly as they were sucked in, they're back in their cavern, standing next to the deactivated portal.

Though the portal is deactivated, the slab of metal next to it displays a message.

"You have done well. You have earned your reward. You may, as a group, make one request."

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 16, 2021, 07:25:51 pm »

((Btw, has Beirus seen this?))
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 16, 2021, 07:28:15 pm »

"I propose we ask for some safe way to use our talents while we're here? so we can make nice things for ourselves when we aren't busy?"
Tess's proposition.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 10:35:06 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 16, 2021, 07:30:12 pm »

Sounds nice. A chance to practice our magic without being in danger could theoretically help us become better mages

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 16, 2021, 07:48:07 pm »

Drip thinks practice is good!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 16, 2021, 08:10:26 pm »

((The problem with practice is that our skills don’t level up.  This is an RTD.  There’s no benefit that we could gain from Lenglon’s suggestion.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 16, 2021, 08:11:41 pm »

((While skills don’t level up, we could try making items that would be helpful in future missions))

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 16, 2021, 09:14:08 pm »

((How about this:

PW could give all of our characters a special ability.  Something related to our main ability, but more powerful.  To keep it from being used too much, a cool-down period could be required after each use.  Alternatively, each use of the special ability could require that it be proceeded by a certain minimum number of successful uses of our main power (possibly resetting every time we go home).

What do you think?))

((Come to thing of it, it might be better to implement a counter such that successful uses of our main abilities  (i.e. 4-5) increase the counter by one, unsuccessful uses (I.e. 2-3) do nothing, and critical failures and/or overreaches  (I.e. 1 or 6) decrease the counter by one (with the counter resetting to 0 at the end of each mission and never dropping below 0).  Once the counter is filled up, the special ability becomes available for use (and once used, the counter automatically resets to 0))

Edit:  added part at end.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 09:25:48 pm by A_Curious_Cat »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 116