Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 117825 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Unique Pain
« Reply #525 on: July 16, 2021, 09:26:09 pm »

”What about a vehicle? Like a miniature tank that we can transform into a full sized tank on command?”
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 16, 2021, 10:24:01 pm »

((How about this:

What do you think?))
((Way too specific, I reckon. We’re asking for a reward from the Magi, not PW. Still, I like the spirit of it, and I’ve been thinking on similar lines.))

“Practice is well and good, but I’d prefer something we can use in the field.”

”Some kind of boon for each of us, fitted to our talents, is what I think we can use.”

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 17, 2021, 12:41:52 am »

((I don't think adding skills or other character specific bonuses or game mechanics is wise. this game is supposed to have rather simplistic mechanics after all. Plus, we really do have quite a lot of resources at our disposal. asking for specific types of items for use in our work (guins, magic weapons, etc) diminishes the value of the magics we already have access to. If you feel that your character is lacking, let it die and generate another with a talent closer to what you think will be useful. part of the fun of this type of game is  the limits of the characters.

For example, my first character was an anagramist. now, I could have asked for a magic bag that pulled any item I wanted out of it, in order to use that item with my anagram ability to create a different item, but then what would be the point of using anagrams? Similarly, my current character has been highly successful with only his needle and wits. Yes, he has his robe and gloves, but they didn't really come into play much. And Bob has been fantastic with belts, even though that meant he was unable to respond in certain ways to certain challenges.

I think Lenglon's idea is closer to a good one than some think. A base upgrade with added areas for crafts or tinkering with our skills might be a great way to give us a chance to create our own individual tools for work. Perhaps a clothing area where we can attempt to enchant items into armor like Youare did, or a smithy type shop where we could get rings and such to infuse with skills. Perhaps a mobile base like the frog mountain mansion would be cool.

Perhaps we could request a one time fate point distribution, since fate points are probably the strongest tools we have at our disposal, aside from our powers, which are really already pretty ridiculously powerful.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 17, 2021, 12:44:32 am »

((I've been thinking of fate points as being a form of meta-currency, and would never ask for anything involving them ingame. just my two cents regarding fate points.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 17, 2021, 01:28:41 am »

((maybe a fourth basic inventory item: boots of running to go with our robes of weather, needles of sheer awesomeness, and glove that are also there.
honestly, though ,the mobility issue is fine as is. it's nice to have limitations. I don't know))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 17, 2021, 03:22:03 am »

"I like the sound of an area to make things that could be useful to us in the field."

After all the talking is done take Elizabeth over to the bed room and lay her down in the bed so she can get some sleep.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 17, 2021, 10:53:59 am »

"Well, I suppose that's some kind of conclusion. Makes you wonder why they keep us around..."

Youare gives his take on the request.

"If we're asking for objects, I'm in favour of anything that helps us get about places. Seven league boots, a vehicle we can fit the conduit in, anything like that."

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus
« Reply #532 on: July 17, 2021, 01:34:57 pm »

"Why not ask for a font of Origin magic or pure magic. It'd probably only be a small quantity and have to refill between missions, but then we'd have a place to charge our Needles before missions. And I could use it to make magic belts for everyone!" Clearly Bob is more excited about the belt thing than the first part.

Bob supports options that support belts because belts support Bob.

Spoiler: Bob the Belter (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 01:37:09 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 17, 2021, 03:14:12 pm »

I think we should get something both combat and utility oriented.  Like for instance, a telekinesis-granting headband.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 17, 2021, 08:51:51 pm »

I think a lot of your requests would best be actualized in another nyarlathotep shop.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 18, 2021, 12:11:32 am »

I think a lot of your requests would best be actualized in another nyarlathotep shop.

A What shop?!
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 18, 2021, 12:52:21 am »

((It's an Einsteinian Roulette reference. basically you would pay a shopkeeper for a randomly generated eldritch doodad.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 18, 2021, 03:19:40 am »

((Sounds neat, what caused Einsteinian Roulette to die?))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 18, 2021, 03:30:27 am »

(I want randomly generated eldritch doodads!)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 18, 2021, 03:42:15 am »

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 116