Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 122858 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.
« Reply #1650 on: June 29, 2022, 03:53:59 am »

"Warning the other ants that these ants intend to attack them sounds like a pretty solid plan, now all we have to do if figure out how to get to the other group of ants."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: June 29, 2022, 02:43:31 pm »

"Tell one of these that we need a spy guide to take us to near their teritory so we ca nsneak in and spy. but make sure the guide only accompanies us to near the border. bullshit about "sneakier with fewer" or "they'll probably recognize you" or something to keep them from following and finding out the plan. then retur nto the guide with the "urgent message" that the other group is about to invade. Heck, we could do that much without even making contact with the others."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: June 30, 2022, 04:52:52 am »

"What about telling them our cognizant used his powers and saw that the other ants were getting ready to attack, then we don't even have to leave the area."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: June 30, 2022, 11:19:00 pm »

Might work. They might be more suspicious that wya, but that plan has fewer moving parts, so fewer chances for fate to interfere."

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes apple trees for their fruit.
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home
« Reply #1654 on: June 30, 2022, 11:25:50 pm »

"If you guys want to tell them that, go for it, but I'm with Hugh. I want to check if there are any messages for us back at base."

Before Hugh goes, Aaron attempts to know what sort of methods the rival ant clan has used against Lud's clan recently, and tells the others whatever he comes up with. If Hugh does go back to check the plaque, Aaron accompanies him.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.
I love dwarven status reports.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home
« Reply #1655 on: July 01, 2022, 12:19:16 am »

"If you guys want to tell them that, go for it, but I'm with Hugh. I want to check if there are any messages for us back at base."

Before Hugh goes, Aaron attempts to know what sort of methods the rival ant clan has used against Lud's clan recently, and tells the others whatever he comes up with. If Hugh does go back to check the plaque, Aaron accompanies him.

((Hugh hasn’t made any move to go back and check the plaque yet.  After that ride on the giant ant, I’m not sure if anyone knows the way back or how far it is.  That’s why I asked if teleporting to an inactive player’s character would take Hugh back to the cave…))
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: July 01, 2022, 02:49:11 am »

"Sounds like we've got ourselves a plan, now we just gotta wait for Aaron's info and we'll be able to put it into action."

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: July 03, 2022, 12:11:28 am »

"Sounds like we've got ourselves a plan, now we just gotta wait for Aaron's info and we'll be able to put it into action."

Plan?  What plan is that?”, Hugh asks, puzzled.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: July 03, 2022, 02:35:07 am »

"Haven't you been standing here the whole time we've been talking, guess you weren't paying attention, so the plan is to go to the ants and tell them that Aaron saw the enemy ants were preparing for an attack in a vision so these guys would hopefully ignore us so the artisan can do his thing."

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: July 03, 2022, 03:45:15 am »

"Haven't you been standing here the whole time we've been talking, guess you weren't paying attention, so the plan is to go to the ants and tell them that Aaron saw the enemy ants were preparing for an attack in a vision so these guys would hopefully ignore us so the artisan can do his thing."

Ohhh!  He did, did he?!  Well then, I suppose it’s best to tell the ants that are here about the danger!  Ho! Ho! Ho!

If you don’t mind, I’d like to try something…”, Hugh says as he attempts to teleport to Aa Tou Tou Lesia.

Spoiler: Hugh (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1660 on: July 07, 2022, 09:29:59 am »

[?]
Uh...violence? Um...War? Probably some hitting and rough horseplay?

Ohhh!  He did, did he?!  Well then, I suppose it’s best to tell the ants that are here about the danger!  Ho! Ho! Ho!

If you don’t mind, I’d like to try something…”, Hugh says as he attempts to teleport to Aa Tou Tou Lesia.

You teleport back to the cave and go check the plaque. The plaque does have something on it...but its not words. It is an engraved image of a hydra; a multi-headed, long necked reptilian creature. Its heads are all fighting, biting each other and the body. One head has been torn free and his held in the teeth of one of the others, but a replacement is already growing from the stump. At its feet, a line of humans in heroic gear are climbing over the hydra's giant talons, moving past it and towards a horde of treasure on the left as the hydra attacks itself.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: July 07, 2022, 11:01:22 am »

You teleport back to the cave and go check the plaque. The plaque does have something on it...but its not words. It is an engraved image of a hydra; a multi-headed, long necked reptilian creature. Its heads are all fighting, biting each other and the body. One head has been torn free and his held in the teeth of one of the others, but a replacement is already growing from the stump. At its feet, a line of humans in heroic gear are climbing over the hydra's giant talons, moving past it and towards a horde of treasure on the left as the hydra attacks itself.

Ho! Ho! Ho!  Now this is interesting!”, Hugh laughs puzzledly, as he uses his needle to tell the others about what’s on the plaque.  “I’m going to view it through my needle in case anyone else wants to see it.  After that, do you think I should just teleport back to the group?  Or should I do something else?”, he asks.

"Multiheaded hydra? infighting? treasure sought by sneaking past the infighting? That sounds like what we are facing now, metaphorically. I guess inciting these ants to war among themselves is the proper path after all. Treasure to the left? I wonder if that signifies anything, or if it's just placement on the plaque. Debby, feel free to stir the pot. Maybe we'd be willing to 'help' after all, since the order now seems to come from our chain of command.

Hugh, it seems that our command is suggesting we act here, so feel free to come back to the group."

Ho! Ho! Ho!  I was just thinking,  do you suppose that the hydra could be the ants, the head that got bitten off could be that Patriarch ant, the head that bit it off could be the leader of the rival ants, and the new head growing to take it’s place could be the war minister?  What do you think?  Do you think, maybe, we should tell the war minister about what was on the plaque?”, Hugh asks as he teleports to Genesis, making sure to relink afterwards.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 01:40:58 pm by A_Curious_Cat »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: July 07, 2022, 10:56:08 pm »

"Multiheaded hydra? infighting? treasure sought by sneaking past the infighting? That sounds like what we are facing now, metaphorically. I guess inciting these ants to war among themselves is the proper path after all. Treasure to the left? I wonder if that signifies anything, or if it's just placement on the plaque. Debby, feel free to stir the pot. Maybe we'd be willing to 'help' after all, since the order now seems to come from our chain of command.

Hugh, it seems that our command is suggesting we act here, so feel free to come back to the group."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: July 08, 2022, 02:54:30 am »

"Sounds like it's time to enact the plan."
Lets go talk to that high ranking military ant and tell it that Aaron had a vision and saw the enemy ants were preparing to attack this group of ants. Use a fate point on this.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: July 08, 2022, 02:50:51 pm »

((Edited post))
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 116