Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Demise Of Ava Renesofipu (Flimsymenaces)  (Read 2961 times)

Deathbane

• Bay Watcher
  • Unus volatilis angelus, aeria gloriis.
    • View Profile
The Demise Of Ava Renesofipu (Flimsymenaces)
« on: January 20, 2008, 03:27:00 pm »

Ava was a dark elf born in 816. Although accounts vary, it is universally agreed that she was guided by forces unknown. A few issues still trouble scholars, but the picture is fairly clear.

In The midspring of 1050, Ava led a expedition towards the northern wastes. All contact has been lost.

Everythings proceding well,me and my companions are in good spirits. The wildlife so far seems to be rather.. peaceful, and our supplies are still plentiful. I doubt this will continue, but one can hope

We arrived at the northern shore today, Cirimbar is in few to the north, its fiery peak illuminating the horizon. The others want to sleep, but its too exposed. We must find more suitable shelter

Damnation! Helmhammer, our experianced hammerself decided to go out on watch, and in his immense stupidity, even greater than his skill fell asleep. All that remained this morning were bloody shreds and parts of his keen armour. I think it was some kind of hunting bird. The plan to follow the coast has been abandoned, and instead will wikk make through the freezing forests to the south east for cover.

<Several>

..h..ead...ambus.... by a pack of..... Its now only me and the guide left. We must contnue north if we are ever to reclaim what was stolen. Its probably karma, he did after all try and steal from our food ration packs.

The food situation is not good. The guide went out to find something to eat. I doubt he,ll find anything in these parts.

*THe guide returned with nothing. His eyes are dilating and hes talking about wandering monsters. I told him to be quiet, and instead do something useful, like actually direct me to our destination. he said that even though he knew these parts, he had never come so far north. He's talking about stopping our journey and travelling south, and hes already started to pack a separate giant cave spider silk bag and leave me up here to continue onward. Ill  make sure he will fufil another use before he leaves, if he attempts that is.

The guide died today. Needless to say, with a fufilling meal behind me i think i can make it.

*I entered into what the guides scrawlings report are the Swamp of sinews. I have spotted tracks from possible human immigrants, and are making towards them for direction. They'll probably be unarmed, so we can always persuade some of them to help.

A few issues still trouble scholars.

occ:
The truth...

A immigrating group of vampires! I have never seen such a thing in all the testing ive ever done with my mod!

Needless to say..

You charge at The vampire!
You hack at The vampire in the right hand with your Keen scythed two-handed sword!
The right hand flies off in an arc!
You collide with The vampire!
The vampire is knocked over!
You hack at The vampire in the left upper leg with your Keen scythed two-handed sword!
It is badly gashed!
You hack at The vampire in the left upper arm with your Keen scythed two-handed sword!
It is cut!
You hack at The vampire in the left hand with your Keen scythed two-handed sword!
It is badly gashed!
The vampire's second finger, left hand has been cut!
The vampire's third finger, left hand has been badly cut!
You hack at The vampire in the lower body with your Keen scythed two-handed sword!
The lower body flies off in an arc!
Lerdi  spastturot, vampire has been struck down.
The Vampire child stands up.
You hack at The vampire in the right lower leg with your Keen scythed two-handed sword!
It is cut!
You hack at The vampire in the left upper leg with your Keen scythed two-handed sword!
It is badly gashed!
The vampire misses You!
You counterstrike!
You hack at The vampire in the left lower leg with your Keen scythed two-handed sword!
It is cut!
You hack at The vampire in the left lower leg with your Keen scythed two-handed sword!
The left lower leg flies off in an arc!
The vampire looks surprised by the ferocity of Your onslaught!
You hack at The vampire in the left lower arm with your Keen scythed two-handed sword!
The left lower arm flies off in an arc!
The vampire misses You!
You hack at The vampire in the right upper arm with your Keen scythed two-handed sword!
The right upper arm flies off in an arc!
The vampire strikes at You but the shot is blocked!
You hack at The vampire in the right lower arm with your Keen scythed two-handed sword!
The right lower arm flies off in an arc!
The vampire stands up.

The Story of Ava comes to a rather sudden close.

explanation?

I never knew vampires could form migrations. They are intelligent creatures, and have a entity tag in the mod so you can play them as adventurers in my mod. Does this mean that somewhere there is vampire settlements?

Here is the code

[ENTITY:VAMPIRES]
  [MOUNTAIN_SETTLEMENTS]
  [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]
  [CREATURE:VAMPIRE]
  [TRANSLATION:HUMAN]
  [CLOTHING]
  [SELECT_SYMBOL:ALL:EVIL]
  [SELECT_SYMBOL:ALL:VIOLENT]
  [SELECT_SYMBOL:ALL:DEATH]
  [CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:UNTOWARD]
  [CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:DOMESTIC]
  [CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:FLOWERY]
  [CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:HOLY]
  [CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:PEACE]
  [CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:NEGATOR]
  [CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:GOOD]

I hope you all enjoyed the story at least :P

Creator of the Chaos Reigns and Age of Heroes modifications.

Developer of the Adventurer Roleplaying game system, assistance required!

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=46859.0

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Demise Of Ava Renesofipu (Flimsymenaces)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 08:00:00 pm »

Mountain settlements mean they will form settlements in mountain halls like dwarves.

Fishersalwaysdie

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of Threads
    • View Profile
    • http://chupacabra
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 08:35:00 am »

That was awesome. He snapped your head of your body with his teeth and then drunk  from it like it was a juice box.
What was the large bird that killed your hammerer?
Cannot find self-destruction button, could have sworn it's somewhere here...

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 11:43:00 am »

The best part is that you were alive long enough for the last thing you feel to be the blood sucked out of your severed-yet-still-alive head!  :D
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 03:05:00 pm »

You should try playing as a shard golem..  Once I was left alive with nothing but an upper body, and the right arm with the blade still attached...
I'll get around to updating my martial arts mod sometime...
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 10:30:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Armok:
<STRONG>The best part is that you were alive long enough for the last thing you feel to be the blood sucked out of your severed-yet-still-alive head!   :D</STRONG>

Hmm...are vampires friends or enemies of Armok? They drink blood, not give it to him...or does it channel through to a fountain in Armok's temple?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 06:42:00 am »

No, I actually hate Vampires, they are boring and non-scary, but I always love a gruesome death.  :)
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...