Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [47.xx] WillowLuman's Daleks & Cybermen  (Read 5398 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
[47.xx] WillowLuman's Daleks & Cybermen
« on: April 02, 2020, 09:41:36 pm »

Old thread.

I always liked WillowLuman's Dalek mod. Willow eventually lost interest in maintaining it, so I asked if I could take over keeping it updated. I'm not really a Who fan outside the Daleks, so I wouldn't expect this mod to grow much beyond just keeping it working. Without further ado, here's the old (albeit slightly updated) OP.

*Now compatible with 32x, TWBT tilesets.

Spoiler: Installing graphics (click to show/hide)

Ladies and gentlemen, finally a creature that can exterminate husks! I present to you...

Crashed on a dirty, backwater fantasy universe, the Daleks mobilize to quickly take over and exterminate so that they can rebuild and escape! The Dalek empire is a hostile civ which will seige you (and everyone else). They have no weapons, gear, or items whatsoever aside from their casings, but that is enough. However, if you can figure out a way to harvest their shells you can get Dalekanium, which is harder than steel, incredibly dense and temperature resistant, but can't take an edge. They sometimes send raiders to steal supplies to feed their reconstruction efforts. In world gen, it is likely their empire will grow very large, but stop after a while.

Download here:
Current version.

Legacy versions.
For DF .43
For DF .34

Questions you may have:
What the hell is a Dalek?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Can they destroy my buildings and workshops?

What do they do to my dorfs?
Daleks will try to shoot you full of laser, causing severe burns to anything and the blasts hit with extreme force. Up close they will attempt to plunger you to death

How do I kill them?
That's the bit you have to find out! Have FUN!

Let the !!EXTERMINATION!! Begin!

And now, Introducing: THE CYBERMEN!

They are uniform. They are eternal. They are legion! And they will make you like them. Cybermen are unfeeling cyborgs who seek to end pain and suffering by turning everyone into more of them. While seemingly noble, they want to remove your emotions, identity, and free will as well, because these things can cause pain. They will show up if a civilized being, wanting immortality, finds an infostamp transcribed on stone containing the secrets of cybernetics. They will thank the god of crafts for it, and proceed to follow it's instructions, becoming a cyber leader.

Well, what will these ones do to my dorfs?
They can convert dwarves, goblins, humans, and elves. Probably some animal men, too. If pressed for numbers, they may even make flimsy cyber slaves out of the recently deceased. Rotten or dismembered corpses are no good, though. The Cyber Leaders basically are walking conversion stations. Do not engage in melee!

How can I kill them?
Try anything that works against armored foes.

On the flip side, finding a cyber tablet in adventure mode can be very fun. Enjoy converting your very own horde of cyborgs!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 01:26:59 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: WillowLuman's Daleks & Cybermen
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 03:56:51 pm »

Huzzah!
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 06:43:22 pm »

Huzzah!

Thanks again for letting me do this.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 08:02:26 pm »

PTW for updates and hoping this gets love and support from the community
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 04:50:47 pm »

PTW for updates and hoping this gets love and support from the community

I’m not actually very familiar with Who beyond specifically the Daleks, so I wouldn’t mind letting someone else take over if they want to update the mod and Willow agrees. If not, I can always just keep the Daleks working.
My mods and forum games.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: [47.xx] WillowLuman's Daleks & Cybermen
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2021, 01:27:29 pm »

I've added an optional tiles folder using WillowLuman's Dalek sprite, so this mod now works with 32x, TWBT tilesets.
My mods and forum games.