Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 49

Author Topic: MATRIX6- Magic Tric Newbie Mafia 4/9 [Eruption: Fallacy of Logic- Hackers Win]  (Read 44711 times)

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MATRIX6- Magic Tric Newbie Mafia 6/9 [Day 3: Toon Force Murder]
« Reply #540 on: July 06, 2021, 05:15:45 pm »

I'm actually shocked they killed Toony. I really thought I was gonna die.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 06, 2021, 05:21:42 pm »

Did Toony bread crumb who he tracked Night 1? He seemed to be completely against voting Magma, even when they were the PoE choice, so it could've been Magma. Considering he had the least suspicion on him, if he was anyone's partner he likely would've done the kill over anyone else.

Does anyone think Toony could've crumbled anyone else?

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
  • Stray Cat cancels hunt vermin: seeking infant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 06, 2021, 06:02:16 pm »

I think he probably tracked me, but I'll check tonight.

Kinda sucks in that it doesn't help me decide whom to vote. I was really hoping EuchreJack was the tracker because then I wouldn't have to try to read them LOL

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 06, 2021, 08:07:55 pm »

RE: New leadership

Fellow townies, yesterday was a disaster. Plenty of blame to go around, and I am far from blameless.  And its Lynch or Lose.  But let us not squander this time, but rather put it to productive use.

Toonyman is dead.  In these trying times, Town needs strong leadership.

Thus, I EuchreJack shall be your leader.

You hate me.  That shall be the foundation of my leadership.

Do what I tell you, then we can discuss new leadership. 
(Dispensed with the threats, you don't need that right now.  Honestly, willing to step aside for the right candidate.  My assignments are pretty much a way to prove you can do that.  Treat me as "transitional leadership", until Town's true champion steps forth)

Assignments:

Toonyman: Damn, I had wanted to give you orders, and now you're dead.

Roden: You are pissed at me for ruining your scheme to vote FOU or Magma.  And considering Toonyman is dead, and was the tracker, you were right.
I am therefore giving you a chance to make a compelling case (ISO? your call) against FOU,
a compelling case against Magma, and since I've been unable to decide whether or not FOU/Magma is a realistic scum team, an analysis of the likelihood of them being on a team together.  Since I rate you highly, maybe this is your chance to step up and lead town?
I'll split the load, in any way you wish.

Magma: You are probably the only one that suspects Roden.  Nobody should evade careful evaluation, so you shall analyze Roden.  Tell us what we have missed.  Maybe your deep analysis shall convince town that you are its rightful leader?

Pref: You're smart, so you get a hard assignment.  Analyze Toonyman's trail for possible leads.  Maybe you can prove that only you are smart enough to lead town?

FOU: Analyze Pref as possible scum.  I'm sure I can trust you to do a good job in this.

You are all free to take this opportunity to analyze me as scum.  I don't have to tell you that: You certainly hate me enough that you'll do it without prodding.

I will be primarily busy riding you to complete your tasks, and fighting off your various attempts to usurp me.  And carrying out my threats, if need be.

The sooner you complete these tasks, the sooner you can take over from me.
Get to work people.  I trust most of you will do a good job.

PS: I had zero hours to write this. It was fully drafted, then Toony died.  You are fine people, and you deserve better than this, but it will have to do.  I believe you can do this.  I'm hopeful this can be of some use.  We can't afford the disorganization of Day 2. We can win!

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 06, 2021, 08:31:48 pm »

You guys wanna just vote Jack and hope for the best?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 06, 2021, 08:32:36 pm »

Why this is important: Scum is going to do whatever helps their game.  By assigning tasks, they're deprived somewhat of their free action.  And if they deviate or refuse, we can question them on it.

Additional: I think I'm going to throw up.  You all hate me, yet I have to somehow convince you NOT to lynch me, or town loses.  Do town a favor, finish the assignments before voting, please?  We got a little bit of time here, rushing a lynch before thinking plays into mafia's hands.  They need town to mislynch.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 06, 2021, 08:34:08 pm »

You guys wanna just vote Jack and hope for the best?

Did you even read what I posted?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 06, 2021, 08:35:47 pm »

Fuck you all, you deserve to lose.  Fine, I'm ready to laugh in your faces when Town loses.

EUCHREJACK

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 06, 2021, 08:39:26 pm »

Go on, hammer it.  You know you want to.  Let's get Town's loss over with already.  I don't need to waste another 72 hours on such a lousy, stupid town.

You know why you all hate me?

BECAUSE I'M SMARTER THAN YOU.

You can't imagine that I can figure things out without being mafia, so your tiny little brains and humongous egos say "Oh, EuchreJack is totally mafia".

But once you vote me, I'll know that I'm the genius and you're the morons.  So go on.  VOTE ME!  GO FOR IT!  YOU CAN DO IT!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 06, 2021, 08:40:37 pm »

(Totally should have kept the threats in my Leader speech.  Oh well)

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 06, 2021, 08:41:39 pm »

Quick hypothesis: Jack and FoU are scum, know that this is the most likely PoE for town, and he's trying to sow confusion.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MATRIX6- Magic Tric Newbie Mafia 9/9 [Day 1: Hackers Among Us]
« Reply #551 on: July 06, 2021, 08:43:20 pm »

4. Chaotic. I typically get scum read because of this, but I partially do this to draw out mafia who want an easy mis elim. But I also do this so people have a harder time reading me for meta tells from past games. Despite this I'm actually kinda sensitive to getting scum read lol, but I only ever seem to get scum read over random comments I make rather than my actions. I want to try to find out why this is.
Interesting, but I feel like chaotic play is a good way to "catch" townies as well. A lot of people don't play to win, and just play to survive or try to get killed at night! In fact, I believe the most common style of play is "it's important to win, but it's even more important to not be blamed for a loss". This applies more or less to any amateur competitive team activity. In mafia, it sometimes manifests itself as an "anybody but me" mentality - that's how I played when I first started, anyway.

I mostly agree. I think the Bulletproof townie should step forward though if they exist.
I don't agree with this, for a few reasons:
It tells the wolves which power roles exist. Information is power, and knowing which roles exist would help them with their targets immensely. For example, if they know there is no doctor or jailkeeper, they can freely target someone who might otherwise be considered a likely protection magnet. This is even worse if we have a tracker who is forced to claim... without the possibility of a doctor, the wolves can happily eat the tracker, whereas otherwise it'd be a bit risky!
Even worse, if we all agree that a bulletproof should claim, but there is no claim, AND the wolves have a roleblocker, well suddenly the wolves know the exact setup and we haven't gained anything.
Also, the argument that the bulletproof would require two nights to kill is not totally valid. It does require two nights to kill, yes, but if there are an even number of players at night and the other power role is dead, then what do the wolves lose by trying to kill the bulletproof? It would bring us to even numbers the next day, which is not really advantageous for us.

I will add a corollary: if there is a roleblocker and we manage to kill it day one, we should all claim on day two to get two or three confirmed town, and ride that to an easy win.

@Roden: Do you remember this conversation from day 1? Does it have any meaning to you now?

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 06, 2021, 08:44:14 pm »

Like, I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but there was literally one post that wasn't his in there. Hardly enough for this:

Fuck you all, you deserve to lose.  Fine, I'm ready to laugh in your faces when Town loses.
EUCHREJACK

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 06, 2021, 08:45:52 pm »

Quick hypothesis: Jack and FoU are scum, know that this is the most likely PoE for town, and he's trying to sow confusion.
Quick hypothesis: I hate you all, and I'm sick of playing with you.  I've been suspected all game by everyone, and now its going to cost the majority of you the game.  I think, at this point, I'm just going to claim to be the 3rd member of the mafia team, and change my win condition to match theirs.

ATTENTION TOWN: I was town, but am now considering myself to be Mafia-aligned.  Ergo, when you mislynch me, I shall call it a win.  And a jolly Fuck You to you all. Die in ditch.

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 06, 2021, 08:45:57 pm »

Btw scum can quickhammer if you leave that vote up there Jack so you're literally proving yourself scum by self-voting.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 49