Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 49

Author Topic: MATRIX6- Magic Tric Newbie Mafia 4/9 [Eruption: Fallacy of Logic- Hackers Win]  (Read 44719 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: MATRIX6- Magic Tric Newbie Mafia 5/9 [Day 3: Toon Force Murder]
« Reply #585 on: July 06, 2021, 10:39:48 pm »

You guys wanna just vote Jack and hope for the best?
Who's making the scum posts D3?
I'm not alone this time.
Dude it's because you're exhausting and you literally refuse to just calm down. You're not even necessarily playing badly, you're just wearing me down. I'd rather vote FoU over you but you keep trying to give me reasons to vote you instead.
But if FOU and I are the same alignment, as Toonyman said, then I don't want you voting FOU either.  I'm town, if Toony was right about us sharing alignment, then FOU is town also.  Which also means a mislynch.

I shall grant you a reprieve from my barrage, so that you can explain why I should think FOU is mafia without myself being mafia.  Otherwise, I'm likely to cancel out your vote again.

However, I have a riddle for you!

Why does the married man have better luck with the ladies than the single man?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: July 06, 2021, 11:09:37 pm »

How about this Jack: either stop screwing around or accept my accusation that the scum pair is you and FoU. Because if you want to argue that you and FoU aren't scum, the only logical solution is that the pair is Pref/Magma, which you also don't believe is true.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: July 07, 2021, 12:12:09 am »

How about this Jack: either stop screwing around or accept my accusation that the scum pair is you and FoU. Because if you want to argue that you and FoU aren't scum, the only logical solution is that the pair is Pref/Magma, which you also don't believe is true.

@Roden: Why would you say that?

As far as I can tell, the favoured pairings are currently:

Magma -> FoU/pref
Toony -> FoU/Jack
Jack -> pref/Magma
pref -> FoU/Magma
FoU -> Toony/Magma
Roden -> FoU/Magma

Do I have that right?

Likely 2 Townies hanging out (so likely a team, but I townread them both):
Toony/Roden - they both mostly admit to it

Likely Scum Teams:
Pref/FOU - Others have explained this one
Magma/Pref - Also explained better by others
Pref/Toony - They haven't really gone at each other's throats, just sorta suspecting.  Toony's first vote doesn't count, could have been scum gambit.

Possible: Magma/FOU - I've analyzed it as not likely, but I seem to keep flip flopping on this one

Unlikely
Magma/Toony Possible casual interactions And normal info-seeking of teammate BUT Magma voted Toony when nobody else was then Toony placed Magma on the scum team when everyone else was saying how great Magma was playing
Toony/FOU - I don't think the D2 postings reflect this teamup
Roden/FOU - Uh, no, Roden is still voting FOU and pushing hard for it, even though it's anti-town
Pref/Roden - Didn't they fight a bit D1?
Magma/Roden - They're both POE each other now, so either really good distancing or not the team.  Magma is like literally the only one planting the idea of Roden as scum.  As a scumbuddy, Magma should just shut up and let Roden live in the townhouse alone.

As far as I can tell, the favoured pairings are currently:

Magma -> FoU/pref
Toony -> FoU/Jack
Jack -> pref/Magma
pref -> FoU/Magma
FoU -> Toony/Magma
Roden -> FoU/Magma

Do I have that right?

Ok, that explains why I had pushed the FOU/Magma up to likely on my first draft, when before I was thinking unlikely.  4/6 think FOU, 4/6 think Magma, and Roden has linked them.
If the scum team is Pref/Magma, then their strategy is to push the team as being their partner with FOU.

I think you're forgetting someone...

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MATRIX6- Magic Tric Newbie Mafia 6/9 [Day 3: Toon Force Murder]
« Reply #588 on: July 07, 2021, 12:14:39 am »

At some point today (game day) I'd like to see prefuzek make a case for whom he thinks is scum. The cases yesterday were fine but a town case is easy for scum to fake (since they know it's true anyway). pref, if you're town, this would really help me to read you.
OK I'll try to do that (relatively) soon.

But if FOU and I are the same alignment, as Toonyman said, then I don't want you voting FOU either.  I'm town, if Toony was right about us sharing alignment, then FOU is town also.  Which also means a mislynch.
ToonyMan thought you were scum. If you're town, he was wrong about one thing so he can be wrong about another.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MATRIX6- Magic Tric Newbie Mafia 6/9 [Day 3: Toon Force Murder]
« Reply #589 on: July 07, 2021, 12:18:26 am »

At some point today (game day) I'd like to see prefuzek make a case for whom he thinks is scum. The cases yesterday were fine but a town case is easy for scum to fake (since they know it's true anyway). pref, if you're town, this would really help me to read you.
OK I'll try to do that (relatively) soon.

ToonyMan thought you were scum. If you're town, he was wrong about one thing so he can be wrong about another.

Hm, I'm surprised to see you, Pref.  And what an interesting comment that you've made.  But I'll get to that later.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: July 07, 2021, 12:21:57 am »

Because you're claiming you and FoU have to be town because Toony said so, but we had an entire overly long argument on Day 2 that the pair wasn't Pref/Magma and that Magma was in fact likely town.

Why do you only include parts of Toony's thought processes that clear you and FoU? Do you not realize how opportunistic this is looks?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: July 07, 2021, 12:26:43 am »

You mean the vote where I backed off of you and said you were likely town afterward?

Actually/really and words with emphasis aren't acting or a scum tell lol. You can't just piggyback an argument I've used without understanding how it works.
Any reason you purposely decided not to respond to this?

Additional question: of you think the pairing is Pref/Magma and you're certain FoU is town, why haven't you voted yet?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: July 07, 2021, 12:27:25 am »

You mean the vote where I backed off of you and said you were likely town afterward?

Actually/really and words with emphasis aren't acting or a scum tell lol. You can't just piggyback an argument I've used without understanding how it works.
Any reason you purposely decided not to respond to this?

Additional question: if you think the pairing is Pref/Magma and you're certain FoU is town, why haven't you voted yet?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: July 07, 2021, 12:31:27 am »

Because you're claiming you and FoU have to be town because Toony said so, but we had an entire overly long argument on Day 2 that the pair wasn't Pref/Magma and that Magma was in fact likely town.

Why do you only include parts of Toony's thought processes that clear you and FoU? Do you not realize how opportunistic this is looks?

I had to read what I posted like 4 times to find Toony's quote.  It's been mostly quotes of you and Pref.  Why are you trying to muddy up the waters?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: July 07, 2021, 12:35:53 am »

I had to read what I posted like 4 times to find Toony's quote.  It's been mostly quotes of you and Pref.  Why are you trying to muddy up the waters?
You guys wanna just vote Jack and hope for the best?
Who's making the scum posts D3?
I'm not alone this time.
Dude it's because you're exhausting and you literally refuse to just calm down. You're not even necessarily playing badly, you're just wearing me down. I'd rather vote FoU over you but you keep trying to give me reasons to vote you instead.
]But if FOU and I are the same alignment, as Toonyman said, then I don't want you voting FOU either.  I'm town, if Toony was right about us sharing alignment, then FOU is town also.  Which also means a mislynch.

I shall grant you a reprieve from my barrage, so that you can explain why I should think FOU is mafia without myself being mafia.  Otherwise, I'm likely to cancel out your vote again.

However, I have a riddle for you!

Why does the married man have better luck with the ladies than the single man?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: July 07, 2021, 12:42:26 am »

Boy, I'm stupid.

FoU and Toony were the second and third on the hedge wagon. Roden's probably ok because he was the first, Magma just voted to avoid ties. FoU is still scummy for the reasons I gave yesterday (which he never addressed - a solid scumtell on its own) and I'll try to look more into Toony. I'll also check up on my town reads at some point.

Next post from Toonyman (whom we know to be the tracker)

Why'd you kill Bluarian?

Please don't just turn your brain off and vote Pref if I'm dead tomorrow. FoU and Jack are salivating at a Pref wagon and have done nothing to convince me otherwise.

I'm going to bed.

Could that be code, my friend Toonyman?

See, I would vote Pref, right here and now.  But we're not done yet.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: July 07, 2021, 12:51:04 am »

Boy, I'm stupid.

FoU and Toony were the second and third on the hedge wagon. Roden's probably ok because he was the first, Magma just voted to avoid ties. FoU is still scummy for the reasons I gave yesterday (which he never addressed - a solid scumtell on its own) and I'll try to look more into Toony. I'll also check up on my town reads at some point.

Next post from Toonyman (whom we know to be the tracker)

Why'd you kill Bluarian?

Please don't just turn your brain off and vote Pref if I'm dead tomorrow. FoU and Jack are salivating at a Pref wagon and have done nothing to convince me otherwise.

I'm going to bed.

Could that be code, my friend Toonyman?

See, I would vote Pref, right here and now.  But we're not done yet.
If Toony caught Pref he would've just told us to vote him and he wouldn't suspect you and FoU.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: July 07, 2021, 12:59:12 am »

Jack you still haven't explained why you don't suspect FoU beyond Toony just saying you two are linked in affiliation. FoU has consistently said and done scummy things with no reasonable defense for it, but you still would rather at people who got town read. Why?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: July 07, 2021, 01:03:21 am »

@Roden: Do you think Toonyman figured out the scum team prior to his death?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: July 07, 2021, 01:05:13 am »

@Roden: Do you think Toonyman figured out the scum team prior to his death?
YES
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 49