Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: U, Robot - Game over, robot victory!  (Read 11044 times)

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
U, Robot - Game over, robot victory!
« on: June 11, 2021, 12:08:48 pm »

The first law of robotics: A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

Unfortunately, some intern didn't check their edge cases.

U, Robot is a nightless mini-setup where scum have a majority, and you can kill people whenever you want! This game is quite different from standard mafia, so if you're looking for a more beginner-friendly game, I recommend you head over to Tric's Matrix6.

Roles:

2 Humans:
Quote from: Human role pm
You are a human. You win when all robots are dead. You lose if you or the other human die.

3-5 Robots:
Quote from: Robot role pm
You are a robot. You win when one human is dead. You may not vote for a human at any time. You may communicate with your fellow robots [here - replace with quicktopic link].

Rules:

Please read and understand all these rules. Let me know if there is any way I can clarify them.
  • At any point, a player may vote for another player by putting their name in red and bold. This immediately kills them and ends the day. When this happens, no players may post until the next day starts.
  • Robots may never vote for humans.
  • If a human is killed, the game is over and the robots win.
  • If a robot is killed, a new day starts, unless all robots are dead in which case the game is over and the humans win.
  • Dead robots may no longer communicate in scumchat.
  • Days last 72 hours. If no votes are cast in 72 hours, the game is over and the robots win. Day change will probably happen at 9:00 pm PDT, but I may change this.
  • This game is self-moderating; webadict's MaMoBo will be sending out the role pm's so that I can play. See the self-moderation guide for details about how to moderate as we play.
Players:
  • ToonyMan
  • notquitethere
  • webadict
  • prefuzek
  • Vector
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 11:39:15 am by prefuzek »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: U, Robot - In signups [0/5-7]
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 12:13:08 pm »

In.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: U, Robot - In signups [1/5-7]
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 01:56:03 pm »

0x49 0x6e

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: U, Robot - In signups [2/5-7]
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2021, 02:12:56 pm »

To keep this snappy I would like to include weekends in the 72-hour day length. Is that okay with everyone?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2021, 03:22:24 pm »

Works for me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2021, 04:13:01 pm »

I don't mind.

Do players need to wait for the mod to go to the next day? We could self moderate this game with the honor system.

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2021, 06:22:05 pm »

That does work - even a human can post the roleflip of a player that is killed, since they know that the killed player mechanically can't be human.

The only issue is figuring out timings for day-end. Would it be exactly 72 hours after the flip gets posted?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2021, 12:20:29 pm »

I guess I can in. Seems like a short game.

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: U, Robot - In signups [3/5-7]
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2021, 02:51:11 pm »

Quite a slow period for the subforum!

If we can get one more person, and I can find somebody to send out role PM's, then I can play and we'll have 5 since the game can be self moderating.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2021, 03:13:03 pm »

Somebody else join! I won't vote someone immediately I promise.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2021, 04:12:19 pm »

If we can get one more person, and I can find somebody to send out role PM's, then I can play and we'll have 5 since the game can be self moderating.
Could have robo-mod do it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2021, 04:13:26 pm »

I promised ~someone~ I would in, but I won't do it until I actually finish grading for my TAship.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2021, 04:18:03 pm »

Yessssssssss.

I'll do some programming work tonight to make sure Mamobo can actually send it out, but I'm also super busy atm, so it might take a bit.

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2021, 04:43:06 pm »

Could have robo-mod do it.
Ooh, that would be nice, thanks! I'll put up some guidance for self-moderation of this game later.

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2021, 10:00:31 pm »

Self-moderation guide

In U, Robot, whenever any player casts a vote, the player they voted for is killed and the day is over. At this point, the next post in the thread must be a moderation post revealing the role of that player, but any player may make this moderation post.  Since a robot may not vote for a human, every player except for the player who voted knows the alignment of the killed player (a human knows the killed player cannot be human if they were not the one who voted, and robots know everyone's role already).

If there are 4 or 5 players alive, the moderation post will either contain a robot roleflip and start a new day (if the killed player was a robot) or contain a human roleflip and end the game. If there are three players alive, then the game is over no matter who was killed. Below is a template for when a robot is killed and the game continues; if the game ends then the moderation post can be pretty much anything.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6