Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: U, Robot - Game over, robot victory!  (Read 11031 times)

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: U, Robot - Day 1, Five Alive
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2021, 09:35:20 pm »

ToonyMan: Any ideas on how to play this game well?

webadict: Who in this game would you most like to have as a human partner? As a robot partner?

Vector: How do you pressure someone when you can't vote them without killing them?

notquitethere: Can you kill me?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2021, 09:41:08 pm »

I would like to point out that I am, in fact, human. This means I am unable to be voted by the robots. But, this also means I'll be forced to vote out the robots. Unless they'd like to do so for me. That would be nice. Actually, if ToonyMan is a robot, I expect them to start destroying robots for us shortly.

webadict: Who in this game would you most like to have as a human partner? As a robot partner?
Hm... Probably Vector. Vector would be very careful and would be the most likely to understand I'm a human. Maybe. Probably.

Now, if I were a robot, I'd probably want ToonyMan, because they'd likely work with me to generate a gambit where one of us blows the cover on the other. I was actually kinda hoping for that.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2021, 10:30:08 pm »

@Pref:
ToonyMan: Any ideas on how to play this game well?
...RECEIVING...

The SIGNAL Database Tells Me We Must Blend In With The Humans

Okay that's annoying to read, never mind.

Scum outnumber town here so my goal is to determine who reads strongest town to me throughout this day.

I also have a plan in mind in case robots are dumb, so I hope they are.

@Web:
Actually, if ToonyMan is a robot, I expect them to start destroying robots for us shortly.
I really wanted to YOLO vote someone in this first post, but with only 5 players I don't want to turn this into the shortest game in Bay12 history if I draw the 25% outcome.

@NQT:
How are you going to determine if someone is the other human or not?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2021, 10:38:51 pm »

I really wanted to YOLO vote someone in this first post, but with only 5 players I don't want to turn this into the shortest game in Bay12 history if I draw the 25% outcome.
It's only 25% chance if you choose me. Otherwise it's literally 0%, since even if you're a robot, you can't vote any humans. Soooo, just saying...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2021, 10:43:09 pm »

I can't Web. I can't meme hammer this game. I made a promise too regardless of what alignment I got.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2021, 10:50:10 pm »

I can't Web. I can't meme hammer this game. I made a promise too regardless of what alignment I got.
It's not a memehammer if you know I'm human.

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2021, 10:56:13 pm »

But, this also means I'll be forced to vote out the robots. Unless they'd like to do so for me.
Isn't there a third option you're forgetting?

Looking at who's playing I don't think that's very likely.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2021, 11:02:33 pm »

But, this also means I'll be forced to vote out the robots. Unless they'd like to do so for me.
Isn't there a third option you're forgetting?
... The... other human voting out the robots? If I rely on that, I'm likely to get voted.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2021, 11:20:22 pm »

@Webadict:
True. My plan here is pretty simple:

1. Let robots kill each other
2. Hammer the player I suspect the most if it's F3 or the robots aren't bussing and we have no time left

@Pref:
Looking at who's playing I don't think that's very likely.
Fair enough.

Who do you expect to cast a vote first, Pref?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2021, 02:40:30 am »

Pfp

Prefuzek, yes, I can kill you. Should I?

Toony, the key thing is... actually you know what, I'm going to let the robots figure out what the key thing is rather than blabbing away my edge.

Web, I've got a 75% chance of hitting scum if I thunderdome you. You game?

Vector, how often do you have your oil changed?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2021, 06:02:06 am »

A robot would attempt to show me as suspicious because they cannot vote me and must convince the other human I am suspicious.

A Thunderdome is pointless. I would just vote you. Which I probably will. If you are human (which I currently doubt), then your current game plan will fail.

@Webadict:
True. My plan here is pretty simple:

1. Let robots kill each other
2. Hammer the player I suspect the most if it's F3 or the robots aren't bussing and we have no time left
Toony would come up with the same plan I would. That's why I'm going to vote first. I have to find the human and vote the rest. Waiting for the robots will be futile.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2021, 06:36:03 am »

A robot would attempt to show me as suspicious because they cannot vote me and must convince the other human I am suspicious.
I actually think the opposite. The robots can't vote humans so there won't be any real threat when a robot attacks a human. In other words the easiest way for robots to avoid this is by not putting themselves in that situation in the first place.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2021, 06:43:26 am »

Toony, the key thing is... actually you know what, I'm going to let the robots figure out what the key thing is rather than blabbing away my edge.
Don't want to make a roboslip? Why are you trying to thunderdome Web right away?

Thoughts
Currently think NQT and Web are robots.
Pref is my top town read.
Need to see from Vector.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2021, 07:06:49 am »

I actually think the opposite. The robots can't vote humans so there won't be any real threat when a robot attacks a human. In other words the easiest way for robots to avoid this is by not putting themselves in that situation in the first place.
? Baffling logic on that one. The point of a robot is to convince the humans that the other human is a robot, because the only way robots win is by the humans voting wach other. That... seems fairly obvious to me, the person with human voting powers.

Don't want to make a roboslip? Why are you trying to thunderdome Web right away?

Thoughts
Currently think NQT and Web are robots.
Pref is my top town read.
Need to see from Vector.
I will vote you if you do not switch your reading on me. :) That's the beauty of being human. All power is mine. If you don't swap, you die. No bluff.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2021, 07:22:18 am »

@Web:
Yes, but robots can't vote humans. Any aggression they push will ultimately end with nothing. I think that's the biggest tell in finding them early on here. I agree that this doesn't work for the F3 since the last robot will need to convince one human to hammer the other.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6