Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: U, Robot - Game over, robot victory!  (Read 11064 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: U, Robot - Day 1, Five Alive
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2021, 07:46:10 am »

@Web:
Yes, but robots can't vote humans. Any aggression they push will ultimately end with nothing. I think that's the biggest tell in finding them early on here. I agree that this doesn't work for the F3 since the last robot will need to convince one human to hammer the other.
Correct. Which is why they can only say other people are suspicious. And why not start that early?

So, take it back, or I will vote you.

You either don't believe me in spite of how you know I play, where I would absolutely gamble the entire game on a weighted coinflip, or you think I'm bluffing, in which case, you still would likely back off just in case if you were human. I must look good to win, or the other human won't believe me, and may vote me.

If you're the other human, then you are going to rely on me voting for everyone, aren't you?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2021, 08:48:25 am »

Web
A robot would attempt to show me as suspicious because they cannot vote me and must convince the other human I am suspicious.

A Thunderdome is pointless. I would just vote you. Which I probably will. If you are human (which I currently doubt), then your current game plan will fail.
I doubt it. You're most likely a robot. Go ahead and vote me, robot.

Toony
Don't want to make a roboslip? Why are you trying to thunderdome Web right away?
Web is probably a robot. He says he'll vote first, I know if he's a robot he won't vote me. As for roboslipping... if you think I'm a robot you know how to vote. Do it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2021, 09:54:05 am »

NQT, I would immediately vote you, but I will give you one chance to rectify that, because I am a benevolent dictator, and I'm not 100% crazy.

I will vote you in my next post if you wish me to. If I don't vote, and this problem has not been rectified, then I believe that would be sufficient evidence to vote me, yes?

If you are human, voting you would be a death sentence for both of us, but if you ask me to, I will do it, and I will be forced to do so, as no other course of action will win for me. So, if you are human, please reconsider this action. Or don't. Whatever. I really wanted Vector to post and get in my head, but if you are human, you will be making a big mistake. But if you seriously doubt me, then the game was over before it started.

The next move is yours and yours alone. I am human. I am trying to avoid a loss. I will vote to win. So, either reconsider or press the attack.

Why do you believe me a robot?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2021, 11:07:10 am »

Busy at work.

@Web:
I do think you're bluffing. You know you can't vote me so goading me into hammering you so early (before Vector has posted even) does two things:

1. If I back down then I lose town cred which could end the game if the other human votes me. This is the safer choice regardless.
2. If I take the bait then I remove Web from the game but look like I'm immediately bussing a partner, which I think is even worse and will likely cause the other human to not believe me.

@NQT:
I'm not confident enough yet. One of you could be legit while the other is causing a show
 I want to hear from Vector.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2021, 11:17:27 am »

Web
Why do you believe me a robot?
I'm going to push you as far as it goes. If you're town, I don't think you'll throw the game on a reckless shot so early on D1, if you're a robot you can't shoot me. SO SHOOT ME!

Toony, backing off so soon? I know you know you can't touch me. But sure, let's see what Vector has to say.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2021, 11:28:06 am »

@NQT:
It's possible Web can't shoot either of us. What do you think about that Web? Shoot one of us if you think Pref or Vector is human. That's like...at least a 50% robot hit chance.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2021, 11:31:09 am »

Hmmm... ToonyMan might be Town. You're not out of scum range, but if that's the case, I could effectively hammer everyone else.

That's the beauty of being human. Humans can threaten any player to vote another player and always be correct.

That's the next step, Toony, and that's why looking Town is important. If I prove I am human, the other human can literally hammer every single person.

That's the only part that makes me wary of you. I feel like Towm-you would be understanding the importance of looking Town.

And the reverse is also true. If I believe a player is Town, I can hammer everyone else.

PPE:

notquitethere.

I will shoot ToonyMan based on whether I lose here.

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2021, 11:34:26 am »

Game over! Robots (prefuzek, ToonyMan, Vector) win!

Robot chat

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2021, 11:34:42 am »

I was just about to make a post :(

Well, there's the shortest game Bay12's ever seen. I'm a little disappointed.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 11:36:41 am by prefuzek »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2021, 11:36:45 am »

NQT, I did warn you.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2021, 11:37:58 am »

Lololololololol

Lolololol

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2021, 11:39:14 am »

I have no idea why NQT would ever doubt that I wasn't bluffing.

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: U, Robot - Game over, robot victory!
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2021, 11:40:09 am »

Because bluffing is the entire point of this setup, and it's something that you do all the time?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2021, 11:43:22 am »

Fundamental misunderstanding on your part then. I was giving NQT an out to try to figure me out as human, and instead, they decided to push me. I will always fire when pushed.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2021, 11:48:08 am »

Vector never even posted though, why ruin your shot odds by not even having a read on them? I think it's the perfect excuse to not shoot yet. It's the excuse I gave even!

I was trying to make you rash and shoot so you'd kill me or NQT. If I was town I'd probably talk you down, so I guess that worked.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6