Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 48

Author Topic: Core Thread - CYOGTCG High School RPG! Like a card game anime, but its CYOGTCG!  (Read 23551 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Card Name: PreCure: Yukishiro Honoka
*Card Picture:
*Background Color: White
Higher Stat: HP

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

I never thought of it like that. Brisk is a crafty one. I'll have to keep my eye on him...

Time to hard counter the waifu's greatest weakness: Torture and tentacles.

*Card Name: Masochist Knight Waifu
*Card Picture:
*Background Color: Grey
Higher Stat: Hearts
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

Day 1 - CYOGTCG History

You create a new card. This time, it is not added to the Core set and as such your classmates do not actually know about the precise details of the card you created. This also means that you do not know what your classmates just created. You can send a PM to the GM if you need a new copy of cards you already created for whatever reason.

Today you learn about facedown cards. Some cards can be played face-down. If a card is face down, it cannot prevent you from being attacked until it is flipped up. Some cards can be attacked when it is face down, and this needs to be declared when playing a card face down if this is the case. If a card does something while face down, it will flip face up. Your history teacher tells you that the face-down image depicts the original creator of the first iteration of CYOGTCG, named "Moldova in Eurovision 2011". You wonder who would name their kid something like that.

You now have another opportunity to create a card. Furthermore, you now have the option to decide if a card will have face-down functionality. This field can be left blank; if it is, then a card may or may not have facedown functions.

*Card Name:
*Card Picture:
*Background Color:
Higher Stat:
Facedown (Y/N):
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

*Card Name: Ninja Schoolgirl Waifu
*Card Picture:
*Background Color: Blue
Higher Stat:
Facedown (Y/N): Y

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Card Name: PreCure: Misumi Nagisa
*Card Picture:
*Background Color: Black
Higher Stat: ATK
Facedown (Y/N): N

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Day 1 - End of Day

You create a new card and complete you final class for the day and the day comes to a close. You need to head home early today for your own safety. Now that your deck theme has been determined, you now have a soul. Because of this, CYOGTCG monsters might come after you and you will need time to assemble a deck before you can deal with them.

You are given an important homework assignment: In order to actually play CYOGTCG and defend yourselves from CYOGTCG monsters you need to Assemble a Deck!

As a new student, your deck must consist of exactly 40 cards. It is recommended to not have more than six copies of a single card in your deck.

Note: You can change your deck at any time outside of a game. You can do so by sending a decklist to the GM via PM. While battling friends, you can either handle the randomization of your deck on your own or have the GM take care of it for you. In important battles however, the GM will do all the randomization.

In addition to this, you may now describe your family if you so choose. If you do, you should keep in mind that unlike your deck, you will not be able to change this later.

>_
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

As a Card Game Protagonist, G3's parents are never seen on screen and nobody questions this. You would think he spontaneously appeared in the world one day if it wasn't for G-PA, his grandfather, wishing him a good day at school every morning. G-PA has the musculature of a Greek statue from his lifetime of playing card games and long, flowing gray hair reaching down to the ground. He is a constant source of generic shonen wisdom.

Deck List sent.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As an aspiring magical girl, she has a younger sister called Séance and a loving mother and father, as well as an older brother who works in the entertainment industry. Diance got into the school this year thanks to is connections.
Their family name happens to be Hikari.

Deck list sent.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Day 2 - CYOGTCG Gym

Diance has been lectured by one of the teachers. It is apparently a poor tactical decision to have too many copies of a single card in your deck. Fortunately, as she did not have many card options yet, they got off easy this time.

This new day begins with CYOGTCG Gym class! Now that you have a deck, it is now possible for you to actually play a game! You change into your gym clothes. Today you are expected to play your first card game! You have an opportunity to pick which of your classmates you want to play against; but if you aren't fast then someone else might go up against them first... Or they might go up against you!

It is possible for the game to continue even while a CYOGTCG battle is still in process. It may or may not happen immediately. Keep an eye on this thread for update posts even while you are in mid battle. Canonically, battles occur entirely during the game event where they started. These battles will usually take place in a separate thread.

Your schedule for today is:
>CYOGTCG Gym
>CYOGTCG !!Science!!
>CYOGTCG Math
>Lunch (And playing CYOGTCG)
>CYOGTCG Art
>CYOGTCG History

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Hmph. I don't have many options right now, and I at least made one correct choice. Better to use a good card many times when your options are limited."

Willow, in the name of Friendship I challenge your ways of Torture!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

I kinda thought we where going to do a PC vs PC thing.

"My Waifus can grow far lager than your Iguana! Your villainous spree of Reptile Facts ends here Brisk!"

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Day 2 - First Battle START!

Tensions are high as the matchups are determined:
- Diance challenges Willow in the name of friendship, having some issues with her ways of Torture.
- Selene announces her intention to challenge the Iguana guy. For a moment it appeared that this meant Brisk, but apparently Brisk owned a Pet Iguana who is also capable of playing CYOGTCG and Selene ends up playing against the Iguana instead!
- G3 challenges Brisk and his supposedly villainous spree of Reptile facts.
- And for some reason Jack Jackson and Azazel do not think too highly of eachother either!

The next turn may happen before the first battle is over, so keep an eye on the Core Thread. In the meantime:

The battle between Diance and Willow will take place in Game Thread 1!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=178646.0

And the battle between G3 and Brisk will take place in Game Thread 2!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=178647.0

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(can I join in now, or is it already too late?)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Totally not too late to join. Go ahead and post your application)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Day 2 - CYOGTCG !!Science!!

Unfortunately, the CYOGTCG Science class appears to be on fire right now, so you are unable to attend this class. You still have an opportunity to create a new card, but you didn't learn anything new.

Azazel comments. "Hey wait a minute! Aren't we still in Gym class? I'm sure that my battle with Joke is still ongoing and yet we are also over here somehow? This is confusing."

*Card Name:
*Card Picture:
*Background Color:
Higher Stat:
Facedown (Y/N):
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 48