Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wrestling: got a Grip, can't lock?  (Read 2980 times)

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wrestling: got a Grip, can't lock?
« on: February 25, 2008, 09:26:00 am »

Lo    :)

I'm currently exploring a cave full of Giant Moles and cut them asunder with my trusty Iron Longsword. I've had two quests so far, one cyclops and one ettin. Both learned to fear my longsword an soon gave in to pain.
Then i would wrestle them to break some limbs for training ... and joy of slaugther before they finally bled to death.

Now with these Giant Moles - i just cant break any limbs of theirs, it seems.
All i get is pinch upper body when i grip it. No locks for legs, nothing for the head... what am i doing wrong?
I already tried dropping sword and shield to get my hands free - although it worked fine with the ettins. No results.

Any hints?    :)

Oh, yea. now that i already got a thread:
How can i refill my waterskin at a brook?
How can i find a merchant that sells food for my collection of corpses that i can but lick?   :D

[ February 25, 2008: Message edited by: Lord Snow ]

[ February 25, 2008: Message edited by: Lord Snow ]

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Wrestling: got a Grip, can't lock?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 09:47:00 am »

You're grabbing the upper body, which means you can only interact with the upper body.  If you grab an upper arm, you can lock the shoulder, but moles don't have joints anyways.

The only thing you can do with non-humanoid creatures (I.E., ones without joints), is "throw" them, which puts them on the ground, or gouge their eyes out by grabbing the head.  Or, grab the throat and go for a chokehold.

For filling your waterskin, go next to the water source, and press 'shift+I', which is the "interact" key.  The rest should be relatively self-explanatory.

As for food, go to a human town and find a food merchant.  Not mmuch more to it than that.  Food shops show up as the fish/meat symbol on your minimap.

However, it should be noted that you don't actually need food or water, unless you're dungeon crawling for an exceptionally long time.  Whenever you use fast travel, all wounds are healed, as well as thirst/hunger/drowsiness.

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 09:52:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>You're grabbing the upper body, which means you can only interact with the upper body.  If you grab an upper arm, you can lock the shoulder, but moles don't have joints anyways.
</STRONG>

Non-Humanoids dont have bones? That explains things. Managed to strangle one for a while, now that i know what's possible with them  :)

Is pinching actually gettings somewhere or is it just a fun way to annoy disabled enemies?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 09:58:00 am »

It's supposed to cause pain, but it's useless except for earning lots of wrestling points.  Also, it's quite fun to pinch a creature's nose or ears.

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 10:19:00 am »

omg there are demons in adventure mode!
just went to harrass some stupid goblin citizens and the random guards that idled around when POP i got a message along the lines of "hi, you're dead now"

breathed fire, burned most of me, gouged my eyes out and generally crippled all my bodyparts within one round (full of "more"s).

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 11:50:00 am »

Hmm. I guess I'll address the issue in my MA mod next update.

You can already grab->lock->break necks and spines, though.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 05:19:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Snow:
<STRONG>omg there are demons in adventure mode!</STRONG>

My first adventurer got "go kill the axe goblin Foo in X".  Next town over: "go kill the high priest Bar in X."  Next town over: "go kill the demon Baz in X."

I decided not to go there yet (of course, I then got killed by a pack of wolves).

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 10:28:00 pm »

Pinching can cause small, weaker creatures to give into pain. I love pinching the goblin's nosies. And then slicing them to bits.

Bricktop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 04:52:00 am »

The daemons are the kings of the goblin civs.

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2008, 01:57:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Bricktop:
<STRONG>The daemons are the kings of the goblin civs.</STRONG>

And also the gods.

This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.