Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Roll to Solve a Tower of Hanoi Puzzle (It has been solved)  (Read 1762 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Solve a Tower of Hanoi Puzzle (It has been solved)
« on: December 18, 2021, 10:14:10 pm »

You awaken in a room, clueless about why and where. The room is a circle of smooth white walls, white floor, and a white ceiling. A circle of electric lighting runs between the wall and ceiling, all the way around the room. There are two solid looking doors across from each other, smooth and with no doorknobs. On one wall between the two is a speaker. On the wall opposite the speaker hangs a simple street sign, with a picture of a monk meditating.

In the middle of the room is a Tower of Hanoi puzzle. There are three sturdy-looking wooden poles as tall as the average man's neck. On one of the side poles is a stack of seven large stone disks. The largest is at the bottom, and each is smaller than the one beneath it. They are thick enough that the seventh reaches the top of the pole. They look heavy.

You might have tools or special abilities that will help you solve this difficult and exciting challenge, but you'll have to roll to equip them.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 11:50:01 am by Nirur Torir »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Solve a Tower of Hanoi Puzzle
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2021, 10:41:30 pm »

Spend 100 omni-gel to skip the puzzle.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2021, 10:57:11 pm »

Stay calm and focus on figuring out what steps are necessary to solving the puzzle. Figuring out how to physically manipulate it can come after.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2021, 11:49:33 am »

Turn 1

Spend 100 omni-gel to skip the puzzle.
{5} - You pull 100 omni-gel out of your pocket and form a SKIP button. You press it, and the puzzle solves itself. Congratulations! The doors open and you both go free!

Stay calm and focus on figuring out what steps are necessary to solving the puzzle. Figuring out how to physically manipulate it can come after.
Traditionally, you move disk 1 to another pole, then disk 2 to the last blank pole. Disk 1 then goes on disk 2, and disk 3 goes onto the newly freed slot. You then move disks 1 and 2 onto disk 3, one at a time, and on it goes. Skipping it also works, but I was hoping for a more explosive solution.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Solve a Tower of Hanoi Puzzle (It has been solved)
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2021, 11:52:33 am »

Oh well. Leave the room.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2021, 07:44:25 pm »

>Find the UNDO button, and plant timed demolition charges on the disks.
it's over

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2021, 02:58:38 am »

Solve the puzzle anyway!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?