Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Solar Graveyard - Starlight  (Read 19447 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: Solar Graveyard
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2021, 11:12:44 pm »

"I would not particularly mind, no."
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Solar Graveyard - Starlight
« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2021, 11:19:16 pm »

"Hey, Varisdel, would you like a uniform?  I'm just going to make some new clothing to replace these rags I've got, and wondering if you're interested too.  If you do want, let me know what colour and what kind of logo you want on it."

"How'd the prospecting go?"
Varisdel looks at Suzy a bit blankly when asked about uniforms, before apparently processing the query and snapping back into focus.
How about dark red and brown? And a couple of gears for the logo. Don't put an upper-left sleeve on it, though, I want that arm unrestricted. He waves around the liquid metal limb, contorting it into a variety of unusual shapes, as if to prove a point.
And, ah, to be honest I don't think I'd wear it much. I like my outfit. He gestures at his clothes, obviously made from similar materials to those worn by many space-faring mechanics, but also clearly made to look like the garb of a medieval blacksmith, only betraying the style with a pair of brass(-looking) goggles. You'd judge him as being rather attached to the look. But if we ever need to make ourselves look official or whatever, I promise I'd wear it.

And the prospecting's going well! Found some Obdurite, five bars worth! He holds one of the pieces up to show it off; like adamantine, it's blue in color, though it's darker and less saturated than its greater cousin. I think it'd make for a good drilltip or chainblade if we ever need those. And that's just what we've found now! I bet there'll be even more stuff on the planet proper.

They seem like they're about to turn back to their study of the new metal before clearly having an idea, and turning back to Suzy. Hey, do you know if Lucca still wanted... ah, what was it again? Biosamples? They clearly don't actually remember the purpose, but suddenly, a sliver of pale green skin is proffered in a liquid metal hand; it looks more like plastic than skin, barely bending under gravity's pull and slightly shiny. Could you bring this to them?
Beads of what seem to be liquid bronze start appearing where Varisdel scraped the skin off his lower-right arm. He doesn't appear to register that what he just did is supposed to hurt.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2021, 11:24:37 pm »

"Can I have one?" Suzy says, looking at the bars of Obdurite.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2021, 09:02:23 am »

Varisdel tosses a bar underhand to Suzy. What are you planning to do with it, just curious?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2021, 10:44:45 am »

"I have a power that I can use to change things.. usually basic things like cloth to other cloth.  If I don't screw up and set something on fire.  I've never had anything so grand to try and work on, so I think I'll just play around with it a bit.  Maybe a staff, or adding armour plating to my uniform."

"I might even try to change what it is, make it into an even better metal.  But that's hard.  Much harder than just reshaping it.  Might set something on fire if I try that.  But.. if it works, I might have a bar of something really special."

Upgrade the Obdurite into Adamantite, as Varisdel suggests.

Lets try to make those uniforms for everyone (including the squid, although squid gets a generic 'tentacle beast in circle' icon, and a jet black colour.  Use my powers to reshape (and recolour) cloth items, looking for raw materials in storage.  Try to make them tough and fireproof, while still allowing for easy movement.  Varisdel gets black and red, with gears, Steve gets no logo and the blue text colour, and the sword gets a scabbard-wrap that's sunny yellow and has an icon of a spear, as sword is stabby.

Suzy's will be pink, and will have an icon of a magic wand, shooting sparks..  Timo will wear an imitation of the uniform, in gray, with the same icon.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 02:50:29 pm by Devastator »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2021, 11:16:28 am »

Ah, cool! If similar stuff is easier, I suggest trying to turn it into adamantine. This stuff is considered a "lesser cousin"; it might be easier, and a good stepping point to other high-quality metals.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2021, 01:55:08 pm »

Ah, cool! If similar stuff is easier, I suggest trying to turn it into adamantine. This stuff is considered a "lesser cousin"; it might be easier, and a good stepping point to other high-quality metals.

“That is a good idea, Good job.” Lucca smiles.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2021, 02:29:48 pm »

"Thanks!

..would you like me to try it right here?  Maybe you can help me get it done.  Or use the fire extinguisher."
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 02:31:49 pm by Devastator »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2021, 02:39:16 pm »

Sure.
Varisdel focuses on the bar, watching to try and see if he can tell anything about what Suzy does to it.
Unseen, his soul seems to reach out to the piece of metal.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2021, 02:55:03 pm »

(Do note Knightwing, I have an offer for Lucca if you're interested.  I think it's in the post just after your orders post.)

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
Re: Solar Graveyard
« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2021, 04:00:21 pm »

Thanks.” Lucca takes some of Steve’s blood and Analyze’s it and checks if he can make some “Modifications”.
"Oh right before I check to see if there is a database, Lucca right? Sorry for not doing this sooner but I was a bit.. distracted at the time, anyway I need you to sign this document I quickly whipped up relating to use of my genetic material nothing serious just standard procedure from where I come from. Here is a pen and the document feel free to give it a look over."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 04:21:52 pm by Fluffe9911 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2021, 04:41:11 pm »

"Nobody is currently directing the ship. Perhaps we should land at that settlement. They might have information we want."
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2021, 04:56:45 pm »

"Sword, can you pilot it?  We can talk with the locals in a few minutes.  I think we just need it kinda stopped."  says Suzy, as she's busy trying to rewrite some elements of reality.

"Wait, who was piloting it in the first place?"
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 05:02:09 pm by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2021, 05:02:19 pm »

Pilot the ship to the surface settlement by voice command.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2021, 05:18:46 pm »

"Wait, who was piloting it in the first place?"
Steve looks away from Lucca for a second "I remember seeing Lucca mess with the controls near the start of our journey I assume they put it on some type of autopilot...

Steve looks back at Lucca Right Lucca?"
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 05:30:45 pm by Fluffe9911 »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12