Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: U, Robot II - Game Over - Humans Win  (Read 12823 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
U, Robot II - Game Over - Humans Win
« on: June 19, 2021, 12:40:43 pm »

The first law of robotics: A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

Unfortunately, some intern didn't check their edge cases.

U, Robot is a nightless mini-setup where scum have a majority, and you can kill people whenever you want! This game is quite different from standard mafia, so if you're looking for a more beginner-friendly game, I recommend you head over to Tric's Matrix6.

Game 1 here (D1 robo-victory)

Roles:

2 Humans:
Quote from: Human role pm
You are a human. You win when all robots are dead. You lose if you or the other human die.

3-5 Robots:
Quote from: Robot role pm
You are a robot. You win when one human is dead. You may not vote for a human at any time. You may communicate with your fellow robots [here - replace with quicktopic link].

Rules:

Please read and understand all these rules. Let me know if there is any way I can clarify them.
  • At any point, a player may vote for another player by putting their name in red and bold. This immediately kills them and ends the day. When this happens, no players may post until the next day starts.
  • Robots may never vote for humans.
  • If a human is killed, the game is over and the robots win.
  • If a robot is killed, a new day starts, unless all robots are dead in which case the game is over and the humans win.
  • Dead robots may no longer communicate in scumchat.
  • Days last 72 hours. If no votes are cast in 72 hours, the game is over and the robots win. Day change will probably happen at 9:00 pm PDT, but I may change this.
  • This game is self-moderating; webadict's MaMoBo will be sending out the role pm's so that I can play. See the self-moderation guide for details about how to moderate as we play.
Players:
  • ToonyMan
  • notquitethere
  • prefuzek
  • NJW2000
  • Webadict
  • TricMagic
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 12:32:18 pm by notquitethere »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: U, Robot II - Signups 3/5-7
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2021, 12:49:54 pm »

In please.
One wheel short of a wagon

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: U, Robot II - Signups 4/5-7
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2021, 01:11:22 pm »

7 player game hype.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: U, Robot II - Signups 4/5-7
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2021, 02:25:39 pm »

Why wasn't I added?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: U, Robot II - Signups 5/5-7
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2021, 04:23:06 pm »

I missed your "sure" in the last thread. You're on the list now  :D

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2021, 11:22:37 am »

How long do we wait?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2021, 11:31:59 am »

No clue-in the humans.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2021, 12:05:50 pm »

We can start now I guess. I was waiting for everyone from the first game to have a chance to check in, which is now the case.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: U, Robot II - Signups 6/5-7
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2021, 12:58:14 pm »

Alrighty. Starting in a few minutes.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: U, Robot II - Signups 6/5-7
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2021, 01:09:33 pm »

Alright. I fixed the generator, so it should be more easily modifiable, but I still need a better way to get user IDs... Oh well, sending!

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
Re: U, Robot II - D1 starts
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2021, 01:10:46 pm »

Mamobo has given some of you the secret of sentience! Mamobo wishes you luck in your endeavor!

The game has started! Day 1 will 72 hours from this post. If nobody votes before that time, the robots win, and that would please Mamobo!
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2021, 01:13:06 pm »

YOLO

Webadict

Just kidding.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2021, 01:13:59 pm »

Web, how should we avoid the situation from last game? Don't call your bluff... or?

Toony, last game I thought you were stepping back to easily but I pushed web instead. Should of listened to my gut and shot you. If you give me the same vibes, you're a dead man.

Prefuzek, should I leave it to the last minute to shoot or pick early?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2021, 01:22:00 pm »

Our sensors detect artificial intelligence in NQT, we will decide on elimination before day end.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2021, 01:26:57 pm »

YOLO

Webadict

Just kidding.
I thought I told you to YOLO vote me. So, why did you stop? Is it because you know I got a round 2 on being human? That really does put you in a bad spot, unfortunately.

Web, how should we avoid the situation from last game? Don't call your bluff... or?

Toony, last game I thought you were stepping back to easily but I pushed web instead. Should of listened to my gut and shot you. If you give me the same vibes, you're a dead man.

Prefuzek, should I leave it to the last minute to shoot or pick early?
I actually thought it over pretty well, and I think I have a better solution than last time, so I will consider avoiding being as pushy as I was before.

Maybe.

I'm still planning to shoot everyone, but this time I'll give a bit more benefit of the doubt. Obviously, I still have the same problem I had before: I have to shoot everyone. If I don't, I'll likely be shot, because even if I'm perfectly calm and rational, it'll be seen as scummy. Thus, I have a better solution than last time.

I'd like everyone to pick a player for me to shoot. I want to see who you'll all pick, and then I'm going to pick someone to shoot from that.
If you're also feeling it, please pick someone you believe is human.

Our sensors detect artificial intelligence in NQT, we will decide on elimination before day end.
Hm.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7