Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: U, Robot II - Game Over - Humans Win  (Read 12620 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: U, Robot II - D1 starts
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2021, 01:33:14 pm »

Our sensors detect artificial intelligence in NQT, we will decide on elimination before day end.
Suspicious. What do your robotic sensors detect?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2021, 01:37:59 pm »

Our sensors detect artificial intelligence in NQT, we will decide on elimination before day end.
Many robots in the vicinity. High probability of hitting one.

I'd like everyone to pick a player for me to shoot. I want to see who you'll all pick, and then I'm going to pick someone to shoot from that.
If you're also feeling it, please pick someone you believe is human.
I would say shoot NQT currently.

Couldn't pick the other human yet. I can tell you after seeing everyone's first posts.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2021, 01:39:36 pm »

YOLO

Webadict

Just kidding.
I thought I told you to YOLO vote me. So, why did you stop? Is it because you know I got a round 2 on being human? That really does put you in a bad spot, unfortunately.
I'm not going to make myself look like a complete idiot after witnessing the last game. Sorry but no thanks.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2021, 01:44:18 pm »

Many robots in the vicinity. High probability of hitting one.

I'd like everyone to pick a player for me to shoot. I want to see who you'll all pick, and then I'm going to pick someone to shoot from that.

Couldn't pick the other human yet. I can tell you after seeing everyone's first posts.

Then shoot them? Or do you want me to do it, though that doesn't actually prove you even if they are a robot.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2021, 01:52:55 pm »

@Tric:
I'm not shooting this early because it could easily blow up in my face. I would rather create a list of suspicions and fire at my top suspect near day end. This will increase my chances of success greatly. Robots can't kill me so as long as the other human doesn't Web D1 shoot me I'm totally safe to decide on this.

As for you, goading me to shoot NQT is a robot POV. I would know, being a robot last game.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2021, 03:47:21 pm »

NOTE:  The best strategy for humans is generally to find someone they thinks looks like a robot and shoot them, so that's what I'll be doing shortly.

Ugh. I've played a fair few games of this in person, and I'm pretty sceptical about Wuba's "Who do I shoot?" game. I'd also like to note, for the benefit of the one human out there, that this game always requires at least one human to make a game-deciding choice about who to shoot based on imperfect information. If you think you've found a way around that, you darn well haven't.

Quote from: Webadict
Howsabout you shoot ME, Asshat?
One wheel short of a wagon

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2021, 08:31:30 pm »

Ugh. I've played a fair few games of this in person, and I'm pretty sceptical about Wuba's "Who do I shoot?" game. I'd also like to note, for the benefit of the one human out there, that this game always requires at least one human to make a game-deciding choice about who to shoot based on imperfect information. If you think you've found a way around that, you darn well haven't.
I don't understand the issue. If you're unwilling to choose someone as either human or robot, then you need to explain why.

Is this your plan for trying to gauge me as human, or do you actually want me to vote you? I suppose picking me is an option, but if you're human, I'd highly recommend picking anyone else, especially since calling anyone suspicious is inherently a suspicious act. I suppose you could be pushing me to see if I'm willing to do the same play, but it feels too much like how NQT's play looked, and not enough about why it was that way.

Hm, it's quite likely that if you're the other human, I'm exactly correct in how I'm going to have to play, which would be unfortunate for multiple reasons, and if you're a robot, you'll probably be voted early. It's quite possible I won't have to read you at all.

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2021, 10:13:01 pm »

Please don't shoot me without warning.

Toony
What if somebody else does something?

Also, have your thoughts on robo-strategy changed since last game?

Web
I actually thought it over pretty well, and I think I have a better solution than last time, so I will consider avoiding being as pushy as I was before.
What would you say if I said I thought that your change of strategy is because you're not actually human this time?

As long as there's three different names in the hat you can just shoot a robot for free. But hey, I'm happy if you shoot someone. Preferably NJW. Who is also my human pick.

NJW
Ugh. I've played a fair few games of this in person
Really? I thought I created this setup. I guess it's simple enough that people can come up with it independently.

this game always requires at least one human to make a game-deciding choice about who to shoot based on imperfect information
Would you rather make that decision yourself or wait for your human partner?

NQT
Prefuzek, should I leave it to the last minute to shoot or pick early?
The perfect time to shoot is 55.3 hours into the day.

Is this your plan for trying to gauge me as human, or do you actually want me to vote you? I suppose picking me is an option, but if you're human, I'd highly recommend picking anyone else, especially since calling anyone suspicious is inherently a suspicious act. I suppose you could be pushing me to see if I'm willing to do the same play, but it feels too much like how NQT's play looked, and not enough about why it was that way.

Hm, it's quite likely that if you're the other human, I'm exactly correct in how I'm going to have to play, which would be unfortunate for multiple reasons, and if you're a robot, you'll probably be voted early. It's quite possible I won't have to read you at all.
Yep, seems like either webadict or NJW is human.

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2021, 10:14:56 pm »

Tric, why aren't you doing anything useful?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2021, 11:52:29 pm »

@NJW:
NOTE:  The best strategy for humans is generally to find someone they thinks looks like a robot and shoot them, so that's what I'll be doing shortly.
Isn't that a bit rash? Robots can only kill each other waiting for the humans to vote. I'm not voting until the final hour.

@Pref:
Please don't shoot me without warning.
Mmkay.

What if somebody else does something?
That's okay unless the other human votes me. Robots can only kill each other and the other human likely won't be trigger happy after reading the first game. I think the chance of either one of us hitting the other diminishes over time.

Also, have your thoughts on robo-strategy changed since last game?
I wouldn't say so. I'm self-conscious of what I would be doing regardless of my alignment.

Now that everyone has posted...

Current Reads:

I think Web and NQT could possibly have the other human again. I weigh Web higher than NQT here.

Let's look at everyone's first posts.

NQT - You can tell from my post after, but I think this post has high scum equity for NQT. I'm pretty good at reading NQT and this post sounds phony to me. Particularly their question towards Webadict sounds like them trying to associate with Web, this could mean they're either both robots or that NQT is robot and Web is human.
Webadict - Shades me for not voting them. Says they'll try to think more clearly compared to last game. Relatively null but not my top pick for voting.
TricMagic - First a nothing post, then afterwards goads me into shooting NQT. This looks really bad. Makes NQT look possibly better.
NJW - Still unsure, if they're a robot then Web probably is too. Their game info and analysis is null of their actual alignment. Could be doing it on purpose.
Pref - This post is good. I think I have to top town read them again like in the last game even though they were a robot (hah). If they're a robot it's likely with Web or NJW.

Human
Prefuzek

Webadict
NJW2000

NQT

TricMagic
Robot

Associations Reads:

If NQT is a robot then Webadict might be the human.
If TricMagic is a robot then NQT might be the human?
If NJW is a robot then Webadict is probably a robot too.
If Pref is a robot then Web or NJW probably is a robot too while the other is the human.

@TricMagic:
I need more from you if you're human, please help me not vote you. Or give away your robot partners, that works too.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2021, 02:50:41 am »

Toony
If NQT is a robot then Webadict might be the human.
If TricMagic is a robot then NQT might be the human?
If NJW is a robot then Webadict is probably a robot too.
If Pref is a robot then Web or NJW probably is a robot too while the other is the human.
This shows some thought but these kinds of associative reads rarely impress once the flips start happening. I think you could be right about Tric goading. When you gonna shoot me?

Web
I'd like everyone to pick a player for me to shoot.
Tric.

Prefuzek
The perfect time to shoot is 55.3 hours into the day.
How about a real answer?

Tric
Why you trying to get me killed?

--

It's too early to be drawing the full conclusions Toony wants to draw but my gut says roboTric so far. Look:
Then shoot them? Or do you want me to do it, though that doesn't actually prove you even if they are a robot.
Tric wants Toony to shoot me. roboTric knows I'm town, and if Toony is town then this could be a way of trying to win the game for robots but if Toony is a robot then it could be that distancing/bussing that the robots will eventually have to resort to if town don't kill each other.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2021, 03:28:37 am »

Ugh. I've played a fair few games of this in person, and I'm pretty sceptical about Wuba's "Who do I shoot?" game.
I don't understand the issue. If you're unwilling to choose someone as either human or robot, then you need to explain why.

Unwilling? I chose someone in the same post. Shoot me.

My problem with your "let's ask everybody who I shoot" thing is that it gets back three robot answers - four, in the increasingly marginal-looking case that you're human. Pretty much the ideal dataset for you to use to shoot whoever you like, if you're a robot, and a low-effort play likely to return hopelessly contrived results if you're a human.

Really, I think this is an excuse for the robots to set up whatever "shooting each other" gambit they're going for.

Is this meant to be threatening? Because it starts with a hint of that, then turns into some unexplained musing that exempts you from shooting me, or getting a read

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2021, 03:39:17 am »

Ugh. I've played a fair few games of this in person, and I'm pretty sceptical about Wuba's "Who do I shoot?" game.

Unwilling? I chose someone in the same post. Shoot me.

My problem with your "let's ask everybody who I shoot" thing is that it gets back three robot answers - four, in the increasingly marginal-looking case that you're human. Pretty much the ideal dataset for you to use to shoot whoever you like, if you're a robot, and a low-effort play likely to return hopelessly contrived results if you're a human.

Really, I think this is an excuse for the robots to set up whatever "shooting each other" gambit they're going for.

Is this meant to be threatening? Because it starts with a hint of that, then meanders through unclear logic into unexplained musing that exempts you from shooting me, or getting a read on me at all. Weaksauce.

Planning on shooting Webadict pretty soon unless new information comes to light, but I'll wait until we've had more like 24 hours of day.

(Damn keyboard shortcut posted for me)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2021, 03:54:40 am »

NJW
Ugh. I've played a fair few games of this in person
Really? I thought I created this setup. I guess it's simple enough that people can come up with it independently.

this game always requires at least one human to make a game-deciding choice about who to shoot based on imperfect information
Would you rather make that decision yourself or wait for your human partner?
As far as I know you did. I've played quite a few quick-fire games in the last handful of days, my social circle loves mafia-like games, but I did get the rules from your first game.

Whether I would prefer to make that decision myself in a last-three situation depends on a couple of things: how much I trust my own judgement, how much I trust either of the other two players to work out the right choice if they're human, how much information they have (if I look more like a robot than either of them, it's possible that flipping a coin and shooting is better than sitting still).

@NJW:
Isn't that a bit rash? Robots can only kill each other waiting for the humans to vote. I'm not voting until the final hour.
What's so rash? Not waiting until the final hour? Last minute stuff sounds more like an excuse for bad decisions and chaos really. At the very least, I doubt that it hugely helps.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2021, 07:29:34 am »

K, so looking at the posts, NJW is probably town. Compared to the others, I feel their caution is unwarranted.

As such, I'd shoot Toony. (Hopefully I'm not making a mistake, but it's 1/5 chance today.)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7