Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: U, Robot II - Game Over - Humans Win  (Read 12614 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: U, Robot II - D1 starts
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2021, 07:44:18 am »

MOD POST

ToonyMan was killed! They were a robot.

Day 2 will end on June 24th at 9am EDT, 72 hours from this post.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 07:46:22 am by ToonyMan »

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: U, Robot II - D2 - Goodbye Mr Robot
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2021, 09:04:27 am »

OK then.

Tric, why out of the blue? Why Toony?

NQT
Prefuzek
The perfect time to shoot is 55.3 hours into the day.
How about a real answer?
That was close to a real answer. Sometime in the third day, so there's enough time to talk things through, but not too late to be panicked.

Planning on shooting Webadict pretty soon unless new information comes to light, but I'll wait until we've had more like 24 hours of day.
This plus Tric's kill makes human Webadict more likely - Tric could have been covering for NJW.

Everyone, who are you most feeling like shooting right now? For me it's Tric or NQT, probably Tric.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2021, 09:15:24 am »

Oh I just thought you were being facetious. "About 2/3rd in" is about as good an answer to this.

Robo-Tric getting heat and shooting to deflect... or town-Tric making a snap call??

Obviously carefully constructed lies, but interesting what Toony has to say:

Human
Prefuzek

Webadict
NJW2000

NQT

TricMagic
Robot
I don't think Toony would put both humans in his scum category, as he'd want a certain amount of pocketing... so Tric is probably scum.

In light of the flip, NJW, you still shooting Web?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2021, 09:59:10 am »

I was mostly waiting to see if Web had anything further to say. He still hasn't had a chance to speak, so that's same as before. This doesn't really knock my confidence in Web being scum: if he was town, it would be weird for the robots to murder one of their own when I was about to give them victory. If anything, it makes me more keen on shooting him, just feels rude to do it without letting him get a third post in the game. We're not that pressed for time.

Who knows, perhaps he'll shoot some robots for me. There may not be much Human!Web could do convince me not to kill him short of winning the game for us, but as I think he's a robot, any killing he does could be useful.

Nice to see a robot dead, but not feeling amazing about Tric's post while doing it. The reference to me feels a bit buddying, especially given the low content of his other two posts, while the kill reasoning is... not provided. We'll see if some is forthcoming.

Human
Prefuzek

Webadict
NJW2000

NQT

TricMagic
Robot
I don't think Toony would put both humans in his scum category, as he'd want a certain amount of pocketing... so Tric is probably scum.

Only one person that argument can convince if you're town, and that's you.
One wheel short of a wagon

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2021, 10:17:07 am »

@NJW, I believe you are confused for multiple reasons. I am not crowdsourcing targets. I want to know who believes who is human or robot, so that there is a log of information to use.

I genuinely distrust this style of communication, because if you are human, you are making a mistake, on a series of misunderstandings on your part. Choosing yourself essentially admits that you either you don't have a preference on who I shoot, or that you don't believe I will (or can) shoot you, both of which point to entirely different conclusions, the second of which can be interpretted as the exact same mindset NQT had and requires me to believe you in order to win.

Thus, if you could pick someone you believe is human instead, I also don't mind.

I don't know why people need to be antagonistic about this.

@pref: I am, in fact, human, so that would be a faulty reading. I actually was rethinking my strategy from last time postgame, so getting the chance to try it out is fine with me. It still forces me into a situation where I will have to decide, though.

@ToonyMan: Your associations caught my eye. It feels like you are trying to tie me to you, either in an attempt to buddy me, or to tie me to yourself. Why do you believe your human list?

PPE: Okay, I got distracted partway through writing this, so it's probably useless, whatever, I'm posting it anyway.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2021, 10:43:24 am »

Who knows, perhaps he'll shoot some robots for me. There may not be much Human!Web could do convince me not to kill him short of winning the game for us, but as I think he's a robot, any killing he does could be useful.
Probably true. Which is only unfortunate if you're human, but not surprising.

So, pick someone for me to shoot.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2021, 10:45:01 am »

So, you are not planning on picking a target, are you?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2021, 10:47:04 am »

K, so looking at the posts, NJW is probably town. Compared to the others, I feel their caution is unwarranted.

As such, I'd shoot Toony. (Hopefully I'm not making a mistake, but it's 1/5 chance today.)
You literally showed up just to kill ToonyMan. That is not a good thing.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2021, 10:49:56 am »

I'd like everyone to pick a player for me to shoot. I want to see who you'll all pick, and then I'm going to pick someone to shoot from that.
If you're also feeling it, please pick someone you believe is human.
As long as there's three different names in the hat you can just shoot a robot for free. But hey, I'm happy if you shoot someone. Preferably NJW. Who is also my human pick.
This is technically the correcr answer and an incredibly human response.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2021, 11:04:47 am »

So, you are not planning on picking a target, are you?
In literally the same post I say that I think Tric is scum, but go off. Doesn't seem like you care about the truth, robo-Web.

NJW, convincing the other human would be nice, but I will more modestly aim for just being able to coherently explain my POV in the thread. From my perspective, so long as I don't get shot like last game, the game might be more winnable this time round.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2021, 11:23:24 am »

If you think Tric is shootable, then you could shoot TricMagic, no?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2021, 12:08:45 pm »

So, pick someone for me to shoot.
This would be attractive if I thought you'd actually do it, but asking you to shoot people is fairly likely to get me killed by the other human rather than accomplish anything. I'm committed to the method I outlined in my first post: finding a robot and killing them.

Ok, enough unclear antecedents and general opacity. Didn't like the "pick someone for me to shoot" thing at all, and the going back and forth on whether or not he's asking for a target or just for people's reads pretty much confirms that Web's a robot for me.

Tric's kill immediately after I basically commit to shooting Web if nothing further happens also suggests that Web isn't the other human... because an out-of-the-blue sideshow is about the last thing the robots would want at that point. If this turns out to be wrong and Tric is just on a whole other level, then well done for the bravura play, I guess.

webadict
One wheel short of a wagon

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2021, 12:19:14 pm »

MOD POST

webadict was killed! They were a robot.

Day 3 will end on June 24th at 2pm EDT, 72 hours from this post.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2021, 12:35:30 pm »

Of Tric and NJW, they're both killers, so 1-2 of them are bussing their team mates. I think Tric is the worst one of the two, but is NJW or Prefuzek the town?

Both Prefuzek's posts are sidelines sniping. NJW is most engaged, explains their thoughts clearly. Night and day. Unless anyone else shoots first, I'm shooting Tric then Pref.

Tric, who's scum in Prefuzek and NJW?

NJW, who's scum in Tric and Prefuzek?

Prefuzek, who's scum in Tric and NJW?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2021, 12:44:00 pm »

That said... struggling to interpret this one from roboWeb:

If you think Tric is shootable, then you could shoot TricMagic, no?

If Tric were town then he could have been trying to goad me into taking the shot... Or was he just trying to make me look indecisive so when someone else shoots RoboTric I look bad? WIFOM either way I guess.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7