Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: U, Robot II - Game Over - Humans Win  (Read 12829 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: U, Robot II - Game Over - Humans Win
« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2021, 12:39:19 pm »

By point 6 NQT's best chance would have been to pressure NJW to shoot before Pref
Even when I was able to get into the thread, I was in a bit of a bind because if I were to have tried to push NJW to kill, I'd seriously have risked outing myself (as why don't I kill?) My game plan was to look like I'd basically made up my mind but was prevaricating. It was bad luck in a way that Pref got back into the thread before NJW,. Perhaps there was something more I could have done to stall Prefuzek though.

And yeah, I had a 9 month report due this week which ate up my ability to focus on other things. But lurking wasn't so terrible a strategy as it ate into the deadline. Not an amazing strategy either, as I still lost.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2021, 12:42:37 pm »

It did come down to whether Pref would see NJW's threat fast enough to shoot before they shot.

If Pref was caught in traffic or was more suspicious of NJW over NQT it could have went the other way.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2021, 12:46:55 pm »

It's a cool setup that the game can be close like that. Right down to the wire.

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: U, Robot II - D3 - Fractured Web
« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2021, 12:53:00 pm »

If Pref was caught in traffic or was more suspicious of NJW over NQT it could have went the other way.
Pref: I think you're a robot. Shoot someone within 12 hours or I'll kill you.
That would have to be a long traffic jam! I was watching the time pretty carefully though so there wasn't much danger of that.

Yeah I'm curious to hear what you think of the setup. I think my biggest issue with it on forums is that there's not as much incentive to post as a normal mafia game because humans don't have to convince anybody to win.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2021, 08:06:01 pm »

I had Web for robot as soon as he advised caution and holding fire.  I don't think Human!Web here can hold fire for long.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2021, 09:43:00 pm »

I had Web for robot as soon as he advised caution and holding fire.  I don't think Human!Web here can hold fire for long.

That was the experience in U, Robot I...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]