Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The evolutionary journey: a evolution based SG game  (Read 474 times)

Mercur

• Bay Watcher
  • Your average spheroid
    • View Profile
The evolutionary journey: a evolution based SG game
« on: June 20, 2021, 11:04:45 am »

(Here is another suggestion game I decided to make because these types of game, this is based around evolution and becoming a dominant species, like any other suggestion game, you make the game move forward by voting for one of the specific choices in the comments, also, this game can restart once you get extinct, meaning that once the game starts again, you would learn from your mistakes, so try to be strategic, now enough with the rambling, lets start.)

You are a slug like creature living in the western side of the ocean in a alien world, you feed on dirt and algae with your ventral mouth, which is connect to a blind gut, you have little to no defense, speed or sense and you are under attack by other creatures, like a predatory shrimps and underground worms, you need to evolve to survive on this planet, but how?

1. Evolve spikes to deter predators
2. Develop eyespots to sense predators and food
3. Develop chemoreceptors to sense food
4. Develop small fleshy numbs on your sides to aid in movement
5. Develop a through gut to remove waste more efficiently

Vote for one of these choices and tell why

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: The evolutionary journey: a evolution based SG game
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2021, 11:29:44 am »

While spikes could help deter predators, they'd need to be pretty dense to do so, or else stuff like shrimp will likely be able to maneuver around them. Chemoreceptors can sense food, but so can eyespots, and the latter can let us sense predators, too. The nubs were my second choice, but right now, we don't really have any direction; we'd just be going nowhere faster. Finally, I'm just not clear on what the benefit of the last one is? It's probably something we need to do later to mitigate disease or something, but it feels relatively low-priority.

Eyespots let us find food and avoid predators. Being able to sense stuff in general is really one of the most important things to do.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Fimbulwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2021, 08:20:02 pm »

While spikes could help deter predators, they'd need to be pretty dense to do so, or else stuff like shrimp will likely be able to maneuver around them. Chemoreceptors can sense food, but so can eyespots, and the latter can let us sense predators, too. The nubs were my second choice, but right now, we don't really have any direction; we'd just be going nowhere faster. Finally, I'm just not clear on what the benefit of the last one is? It's probably something we need to do later to mitigate disease or something, but it feels relatively low-priority.

Eyespots let us find food and avoid predators. Being able to sense stuff in general is really one of the most important things to do.
Uh...+1?
NO: roseheart | MAYBE: TamerVirus, Naturegirl1999

Sigtext (PENDING)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2021, 02:37:02 am »

Uh...+1?
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?