Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Random Immigration Info  (Read 3922 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Random Immigration Info
« on: June 20, 2021, 07:16:08 pm »

Reviewing the hypothetical of a person in a foreign country wishing to permanently immigrate to the United States, it appears the best way is to apply via a Work Visa AND a Diversity Visa (depending on country of origin, but it covers many countries outside of South and North America).  The Diversity Visa can be applied for along with another visa.

The advantage of these two visas is that they do NOT require the applicant to state their intention to return to their home country.  Lying to US immigration is BAD.

There are still other visas for temporary stays, these can be used to "check out" the United States, but they in general require our foreign visitor to return home.  I'm not qualified to comment on asylum applications for temporary visa holders in the US.

Fun with links!
Student Visa for the curious, TEMPORARY STAY

Work Visa

Diversity Visa

With the Diversity Visa, its important to check in October, as it only opens up for a limited time.  It would be an application to immigrate in 2023 if completed this year.

US Immigration does not like or approve of the word "lottery" to describe its visa process, steer clear of anyone referring to it as such.  Even if there are some scary similarities.  Sort of like how the IRS doesn't like the word "theft" applied to their job...

And some random shit about Canadian Immigration, I'm not Canadian so I've got no clue, but hey why not?
Canadian Immigration

...and this is an Advice column.  Keep your commentary on the EVIL UNITED STATES and it EVIL AGENTS elsewhere.  >:(