Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]

Author Topic: CYOGTCG High School RPG. Game Thread 1  (Read 12253 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG High School RPG. Game Thread 1
« Reply #390 on: August 16, 2021, 03:56:45 pm »

(In this case, the roman soldier without an effect would be "Locked" into its current attack. Its effect changed it from "X" to "Whatever it is now", removing the effect means it no longer changes based on number of soldiers.)
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 16, 2021, 04:14:30 pm »

It was one thing when you were facing a nigh-unstoppable behemoth of a card. It was another thing when your opponent also had everything needed in hand to perfectly counter anything you could do to stop it.

Odelia draws a card.

The final buried fang sprouts, another skeletal warrior taking shape.

She draws again. There.

An archer in plain armor steps forth, he closes his eyes, mutters a prayer, and nocks an arrow.

The sound of a crashing meteor. Glowing lines trace Arash's body, swirling to a peak in his fingertips.

Spoiler:  Odelia's Status (click to show/hide)
(I swear if those 3 cards or the next incoming draw has another Gandr)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 04:24:51 pm by Failbird105 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 16, 2021, 04:45:22 pm »

(Is still glad Rouge Fire burns 0 stars. Just be glad he's one of the few players without their own destruction cards. Though yours' does in a pinch.)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 16, 2021, 05:05:47 pm »

(( Sadly no, Rulao only has a couple Gandrs in this deck. Eventually I'd like to remove them all if nothing else but the sake of his particular brand of pride. From every game I've played thus far, being able to draw through the deck quicker than the opponent has been what it takes to get the right cards for most any situation. ))

Rulao draws a card, his deck wearing wafer thin. He gazes upon three copies of the same card, half with a grimace for his opponent opposite. For now he lowers his hand. "Ya play a good game 'Delia." The thug rasps. "No one else even got a scratch on me this tournament. . ." His voice trails off, a strange vibe given off by those beady eyes of his.

"I ain't gonna let you take the first shot!" Rulao throws a fist forward, his Longarm Snatcher surging across the field towards Arash with a clear intent. The archer's thickly muscled arms hold true, yet the oncoming storm wavers his aim in slight. The two strike in unison. . ! Arash falls, defeated, a great arrow struck through the vitals of the titan crab, it's many legs waver, but they do not fall.

Longarm Snatcher destroys Heroic Spirit: Arash Kamangir, recieving 6 damage in return.

The Mesmer Mantis follows its lead, darting forth to smash its sonic-claw into the skeleton warrior, shattering their bones to dust.

Mesmer Mantis destroys the Dragon Tooth Warrior, taking one damage in return.

With that, Odelia's field there stands only the Roman Soldier, still an ardent expression of defiance against the beasts on his face, even despite the injuries that he's sustained. "You can have the damn holographic card if that's all yer after. . ." Rulao states firmly, his voice carrying across the gymnasium. He even passes a glance Cyoggy Pete and the Mustachioed man in black's faces.

"But. . ."

He pulled one card from his hand of four.

"This SOUL is pushing me on!"

The little Isopod is taken by Rulao's furious determination, it skitters agead of its kin. It leaps forward toward the Roman and is battered away, crushed by the man's shield. Unfortunately, beyond the crustacean was another, the Mesmer Mantis rippled alongside it, reaching out its claw. Another mutual strike saw the bronze spear through the shrimp's nervous system, and the claw through the Soldier's chestm

Cosmic Isopod and Mesmer Mantis attack the last Roman soldier, destroying all three of them.

Then, the field was barren. All save the wounded husk of the massive Snatcher, it's blood flowing upon the wargrounds. It hefted its broken body up for one last move, throwing the full weight of itself against Odelia, the ferocity of Rulao's soul.

Longarm Snatcher deals 7 damage directly to Odelia!

He places his hand upturned on the machine's analysis deck below.

He doesn't rant, he doesn't rave. Rulao doesn't even so much as raise his fist and declare victory. Maybe in this short time, struggling agianst the other students after his face-to-face encounter with a monster in the park last night has called him to grow deep within. Without another word, the punk begins to descend the raised platform.

Spoiler: RULAO'S STATUS (click to show/hide)
I've lost control of my life.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 16, 2021, 05:14:53 pm »

(f only you had one more heart. But then, this style of play is too aggressive. You did well at least.)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 16, 2021, 05:19:44 pm »

(( Sadly no, Rulao only has a couple Gandrs in this deck. Eventually I'd like to remove them all if nothing else but the sake of his particular brand of pride. ))

((So like G3 did. Truly worthy rivals.))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 16, 2021, 05:27:31 pm »

(( Sadly no, Rulao only has a couple Gandrs in this deck. Eventually I'd like to remove them all if nothing else but the sake of his particular brand of pride. ))

(Don't you still use Friendship Precure? Granted, been a while since you actually lasted long in a match.)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 16, 2021, 05:46:14 pm »

(Don't you still use Friendship Precure? Granted, been a while since you actually lasted long in a match.)

((I replaced all the cards in the core set at first opportunity. Which was around the time I got GH.))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 16, 2021, 05:55:36 pm »

(Dang, if I had played even one different or extra card at the end there it would have saved me for another turn, potentially even won the game, but god, I legitimately had a card in my deck to counter basically every single tactic Rulao used, and just never drew them until after those tactics had only been dismantled the slow and painful way. Oh well, good game. Now it's just a matter of 'what does Odelia even decide to do with that declaration'.)

Odelia leaned forward, and let out a deep breath. Already analyzing exactly how she could have prevented that scenario, the Gandr she was already holding would have left that monster low enough that it would have to sacrifice itself to get through the then weakened Arash. Well, on the field of battle, even the slightest mistake can lead to utter defeat.

She lays down her own hand.

He was just going to give up the card? Like that?... No, Odelia wasn't going to give in to some misbegotten feeling of pride telling her she shouldn't be allowed to get the card if she didn't win it herself. But... she wasn't going to let him walk away with nothing if she could help it either. Perhaps they wouldn't let her have the Holographic Card just because Rulao didn't want it but... fuck it. If that was the case then it would just mean she had to convince him to take it.

She left the table.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]