Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dodok Nishabras: Cyclopean Slayer  (Read 2137 times)

Sithlordz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dodok Nishabras: Cyclopean Slayer
« on: February 26, 2008, 05:48:00 am »

This is the story of the first true kill of the Dwarven Hammer Warrior, Dodok Nishabras.  He is originally from the great mountain home of.. Loveattics. Really.
Anyway, Nishabras decided that he would rather help the world, than defend his home. It was stuffed full of traps anyways.

So he set off, to try and find a human town.  After wandering and being ambushed by several wild animals (Including ogres, one of whom was dispatched by a thrown two-handed sword, stolen off a dead goblin. It slashed out his throat.), he finally arrived at the town of Matcheddrill.

You can't make this stuff up.  After a brief conversation with a highly-drunken mayor, whom mentioned something of a "bigsch guy wit un' eye o'er der to tha schouth."  Nishabras was an excellent interpreter of drunkenness, and managed to gather that there was a cyclops to the south, and that he should kill it.  So, Nishabras travelled once more out into the wilderness, looking for the cave, called Dungeonnights.  After finally arriving at his destination, Dodok swiftly found the cave due to a new invention called a "Compass."  After delving in to find his quarry, prepared for the worst.  "Ants. Why does it have to be ants?" he muttered, as he saw the antennae of an antman peer out from the gloom of the cave.

Closing on the inhuman beast, Dodok dispatched it rapidly with a strong blow to the abdomen, exploding it.  Smiling at his own strength, Dodok moved on, down a staircase carved out of the rock its self, encountering yet another antman, killed in the same fashion as the first.

Growing weary of the pitiful enemies he found in the cave, Dodok prepared to leave, before a thunderous cry from his mark shook him to his core.  "I AM EBIR SPLATTEREDWARFS(Well, dwards really, but that sounds better.), PREPARE TO DIE!" Dodok ran aw-Conducted a tactical retreat, as he gathered his bearings.  The Cyclops was advancing rapidly, from a northern corridor, ready for battle.

Dodok steeled himself, and threw himself into battle against the beast, rebounding off the Cyclops' massive frame.  Quickly picking himself up, Dodok bashed the gigantic monster repeatedly, though his mighty hammer simply bounced off the Cyclops' thick hide.  Glancing blows were scored, bruising some minor internal organs, though little worthy of note.

By this time, Dodok was getting concerned.  Few of his blows were doing damage, and the Cyclops could easily outlast him.  His mind would soon have larger problems, as the Cyclops readied a massive fist and struck, breaking Dodok's left lower arm like a twig.  Losing his hammer, Dodok cried out in pain as the Cyclops continued assault, knocking Dodok over with its massive bulk.  Realising this was it, Dodok tried a desperate move.  His throwing sword he had used to kill an ogre earlier had been lost early on in the battle.  Dodok picked up his hammer with his one remaining hand, and raised it in the air, praying to any gods he knew.  Throwing the mighty weapon, it hit dead on, shattering the Cyclops' right hip.  Falling over, the beast gave into pain.  Dodok couldn't believe his luck, and quickly crippled the monster's limbs before throttling it to death.

"One down, Armok knows how many to go.."

Edit: One down, none to go, actually. Dodok died from MASTERWORK FRICKING COPPER ARROW wounds, from an elite bowman. He took three, at least. :/

[ February 26, 2008: Message edited by: Sithlordz ]

You are sentenced to 2477 consecutive life terms.  Have a nice day.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Dodok Nishabras: Cyclopean Slayer
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 06:44:00 am »

Wow, three?  My dwarven adventurer who survived two goblins mobbings (first time was a temple's worht of priests plus a guard, second time was six guards and about twelve or more peasants/drunks.  He passed out during the first mobbing) managed to take one arrow.  The first arrow missed, the second one killed him instantly.  Goddamn elite bowmen...

Sithlordz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 10:24:00 am »

The ogre kill was epic win.  I came, I saw, I threw my sword, I watched it bleed to death, I conquered.
You are sentenced to 2477 consecutive life terms.  Have a nice day.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 10:32:00 am »

I threw a two-handed sword at a goblin guard once.  Struck him full in the chest, and sent him flying back into the face of a cliff, leaving a smear of blood in his path.

He died soon after, since his lungs and heart had been utterly destroyed by the blow.

Pity the puny elf I was playing as couldn't afford the encumbrance of lugging that sword around all the time.  Throwing swords really is quite fun.