Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Giant Cave Spider = Demogorgon???  (Read 9321 times)

Zogundar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Giant Cave Spider = Demogorgon???
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2008, 05:30:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Earthquake Damage:
<STRONG>You sneaking speed problems are due entirely to the fact that you don't spend several hours sneaking in the wilderness listening to Eye of the Tiger to reach Legendary Ambusher.  :P</STRONG>

Does Dwarf Fortress have a Sports Training Montage?  :p

Rogan?

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2008, 10:20:00 pm »

Actually, come to think of it, I think you stop having speed problems while hidden at Legendary +4 (that is, 4 steps above "plain old" Legendary).

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2008, 10:50:00 pm »

Well, I  can tell you that sneaking while wearing plate mail, carrying two iron shields and an iron great axe, along with two iron man corpse-statues does indeed incur a speed penalty.

Which really isn't that nice when you've got a zombie master bowman shooting at you from one level up.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2008, 03:32:00 am »

Given sufficiently high Ambusher and Armor User skills, you can, given no strength bonus whatsoever, sneak around in the heaviest armor possible with no speed penalty.  As I understand it anyway.  I do know around Legendary +4 your Ambusher skill prevents all speed penalties from sneaking.  I think Armor User is similar but applies to worn armor (not sure about shields).

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2008, 11:34:00 am »

GCS's have never been that much of a problem for me, it mostly seems to only pose a threat if it gets the first hit, as long as I"m first I can usually own them pretty hard.  But Demogorgon-wise, I've never gotten that far in Nethack, the farthest I ever got was like the tenth level down, I kicked down a door, and the shopkeeper(who was pissed at my kicking down of his door) one-shotted me.

quote:
Originally posted by Zogundar:
<STRONG>

Rogan?</STRONG>

Wololo.

Shoes...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2008, 12:12:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Muffles:
<STRONG>
Wololo.</STRONG>

Ioweyou.

Always what it sounded like to me, anyways...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2008, 01:13:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>

Ioweyou.

Always what it sounded like to me, anyways...</STRONG>

I don't remember anything that sounded like that.

*Lisp*  Oh sure, blame your ISP.

Shoes...

Coriantumr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2008, 10:22:00 am »

quote:
<STRONG>GCS's have never been that much of a problem for me, it mostly seems to only pose a threat if it gets the first hit, as long as I"m first I can usually own them pretty hard.  But Demogorgon-wise, I've never gotten that far in Nethack, the farthest I ever got was like the tenth level down, I kicked down a door, and the shopkeeper(who was pissed at my kicking down of his door) one-shotted me.
Wololo.</STRONG>

I've never legitimately encountered Demogorgon either ... I used a wizard-mode character to summon him directly. The game played as it should be is way too tough to stand around being eaten repeated by Juiblex while you wait for him to summon Demogorgon. The "summon nasties" ability he uses most often just gates in about a dozen assorted creatures and only has a tiny chance of bringing in another demon prince, while at the same time you are more likely to get Yeenoghu or Orcus instead.

That said, unless you are cheating a to a severe degree he can even give a slightly non-legit player a run for their money.

Zogundar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2008, 03:04:00 am »

quote:
<STRONG>Wololo.</STRONG>

I thought it was "Hoyohoyo."

PLURBUS

Rogan?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2008, 04:02:00 am »

It's Wololo.  AoE2 had a chat sound command with it spelled that way.

And the "Ioweyou" is that noise the priest makes when he's healing somebody.  I thought it was slightly appropriate, as though the priest were trying to soothe the warriors by affirming that he did indeed owe them money.

Hey, I was a kid.  Made sense at the time.

Hague

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I shot web?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2008, 06:32:00 pm »

Well, you could always summon Demogorgon as an elf by sacrificing other elves... He wouldn't be hostile then  :D

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2008, 06:41:00 pm »

quote:
<STRONG>It's Wololo.  AoE2 had a chat sound command with it spelled that way.

And the "Ioweyou" is that noise the priest makes when he's healing somebody.  I thought it was slightly appropriate, as though the priest were trying to soothe the warriors by affirming that he did indeed owe them money.

Hey, I was a kid.  Made sense at the time.</STRONG>

Lollerskates.  I didn't use priests when I played, I was little and mostly made squads of like three men-at-arms and attacked towns(I took a few over like that too).  It's funny how three guys could take a town, but but my army of like 70 Samurai couldn't take a town that had nothing but Militia.

Shoes...

Zogundar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2008, 08:31:00 pm »

quote:
<STRONG>It's Wololo.  AoE2 had a chat sound command with it spelled that way.

Hey, I was a kid.  Made sense at the time.</STRONG>

Ah, but I'm talking about the original AOE. I know it was Hoyohoyo because it was a cheat code even.
BUT I think you're right that they also say "wololo" too.

Rogan?
Pages: 1 2 [3]