Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Wraith 2.0 (IC) Dead  (Read 12909 times)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
Wraith 2.0 (IC) Dead
« on: June 27, 2021, 03:51:50 pm »

Since the original wraith game was finished, I decided to create a Roll to dodge multiplayer version.
You are one of several completely normal human mages that just happened to have the dead corpses possessed by Wraiths that they just turned their souls into.  The premise of the game is simple: find souls, eat, find souls, eat, etc.

Example character sheet:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

When you start out the only thing that you may change from the sheet is the first three things.  If you roll a 1 on a roll you gain a fate point.  Souls Are this games form of xp.
I will post the soul thresh holds for leveling up.  Power levels function as this games levels.  I will post what rewards you get.  There are only 5 slots open currently but I may open more.  If you have any questions please post. 

Death:
When your host body suffers enough damage you enter spirit mode. In it you can is inhabit corpses and interact with spirit constructions.  If you inhabit one and it gets destroyed you can’t inhabit it again.  If you inhabit a rotten corpse it automatically regenerates. 

Permadeath:
Some enemies will have attacks with the exorcist tag.  If you are killed by one of these attacks, your wraith gets destroyed and you move to the back of the waitlist.  Another way to experience functional  permadeath is to be trapped somewhere Like a cosmic prison or a magic gem

Power level thresholds:

1=3 souls

2= 9 souls

3=21 souls

Etc.

When you gain a power level I will give you a memory and some options for advancement.  At power level 3 I will (maybe) start conventional skill trees.

waitlist
[/b]
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 03:06:38 pm by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Wraith 2.0 (SG) 0/5
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2021, 06:53:18 pm »

Name: Logan
Personality Description: A ambitious wraith, Will do anything for more, Is slightly narcissistic.
Current form description: A handsome young male with wriggling flesh.
Status effects: None.
Number of souls: 0
Power level:
Inventory: Nothing.
Wounds: None
Fate points: 0
Powers: Soul drain

Can we have different powers or just soul drain?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 02:35:55 pm by Knightwing64 »

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2021, 08:42:15 am »

Just soul drain for now, and if it’s not clear you can only drain recently dead bodies.  But in the future there will be something like skill trees.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 02:44:07 pm by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wraith 2.0 (SG) 1/5
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2021, 08:43:41 am »

How do you edit the title?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2021, 09:33:11 am »

How do you edit the title?
Edit the subject line of the OP.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2021, 02:36:32 pm »

Just soul drain for now, and if it’s not clear you can only drain recently dead bodies.  But in the future there will be something like skill trees.
Here is a rules expansion.
Death:
When your host body suffers enough damage you enter spirit mode. In it you can is inhabit corpses and interact with spirit constructions.  If you inhabit one and it gets destroyed you can’t inhabit it again.  If you inhabit a rotten corpse it automatically regenerates. 

Permadeath:
Some enemies will have attacks with the exorcist tag.  If you are killed by one of these attacks, your wraith gets destroyed and you move to the back of the waitlist.  Another way to experience functional  permadeath is to be trapped somewhere Like a cosmic prison or a magic gem

Power level thresholds:

1=3 souls

2= 9 souls

3=21 souls

Etc.

When you gain a power level I will give you a memory and some options for advancement.  At power level 3 I will (maybe) start conventional skill trees.

I may edit the rule set in the future.

Gotcha, I’m finished with my sheet.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wraith 2.0 (SG) 1/5
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2021, 05:04:12 pm »

Ok
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 05:08:11 pm by BlackPaladin99 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2021, 09:43:43 pm »

Ok
not of your later posts, or ones you make now, it needs to be the subject line for the Original Post, the very first one that started the thread. that's the one you need to make say 1/5, not your newer responses. use the "Modify" button on it.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2021, 10:51:47 pm »

Name:Bill
Personality Description: A prideful wraith, he loves to test himself and grow stronger. While he does not assume he is the best at everything yet, he believes his own talent to be exceptional and takes each loss as an insult. This drives him to take ridiculous risks to get stronger.
Current form description: a tall, middle-aged human male with sunken eye sockets and bags beneath his eyes.
Status effects: None
Number of souls:0
Power level:
Inventory:Nothing
Fate points:0
Powers: Minor Soul drain:
Minor soul drain absorbs part of the soul of something you just killed.  If the target corpse is older than one minute, this spell doesn’t work.  On success, you gain +0.1 souls
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2021, 11:43:17 pm »

Spoiler: Valyrie (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2021, 06:43:32 am »

Name: Bubba
Personality Description: Curious, adventurous, and quite fond of drink. 
Current form description: A rather generic looking old man with a mustache.
Power level:
Minor soul drain absorbs part of the soul of something you just killed.  If the target corpse is older than one minute, this spell doesn’t work.  On success, you gain +0.1 souls
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2021, 07:07:28 am »

Name: Nix
Personality Description: Bitter, and full of resentment. Reacts to kindness and respect with positivity, but wrathful when treated poorly.
Current form description:  A misshapen, grotesque man. Half of his body is large and overly muscular, the other normal sized. His face is particularly deformed.
Power level:
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2021, 01:07:37 pm »

Spoiler: Undead but not Unhappy (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 01:21:30 pm by Horizon »
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2021, 03:24:28 pm »

Ok we have slightly more than 5 but ok, I’m still going to let everyone play.  From now on all other players will be waitlisted.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wraith 2.0 (SG) 6/6
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2021, 03:43:46 pm »

TURN 0

You all awake In a granite room that is about 10x10x10’.  When you awake you are lying on the floor surrounding a gold brazier.  Instead of fire being inside, there is what looks like a shattered gem.  To the south there is a brass-plated door.  You are all groggy.

Cold storage:
[/b]

Spoiler: Undead but not Unhappy (click to show/hide)

From now on I will leave it to you guys to keep track of your characters.  Pleas put them under your action posts.  Also put your actions in bold.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 07:16:14 am by BlackPaladin99 »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7