Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [MINING_UNDERWORLD_DISASTERS] thread  (Read 5537 times)

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
Re: [MINING_UNDERWORLD_DISASTERS] thread
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2021, 03:50:31 pm »

3. In order for there to be minions, there must be an intelligent race with the EVIL tag

I understood this also requires that the race be attached to an entity (like vanilla goblins are to a dark fort civ)?

For example harpies are evil and intelligent (can_speak & can_learn), but don't spawn as minions during a demonic incursion, afaik.

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2021, 04:12:26 pm »

3. In order for there to be minions, there must be an intelligent race with the EVIL tag

I understood this also requires that the race be attached to an entity (like vanilla goblins are to a dark fort civ)?

For example harpies are evil and intelligent (can_speak & can_learn), but don't spawn as minions during a demonic incursion, afaik.

That's a good point, I'll add it to the list
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
https://www.patreon.com/themodsmith
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2021, 01:38:56 pm »

Just a heads up, armies who come through will be unaffected by historical figure culling and deleted afterwards if they cannot procreate heterosexually because the entire mass of fighters will be made up of non-historical pops. If they have no gender, they'll need to rely on animals to help them spontaneously populate through their animalistic creature caste (if they were cow man and female animal cow, they can't procreate because the cow-man needs to be married and the cow can't reciprocate that, only a semi-intelligent would have no qualms, some semi intelligents can be kept like livestock but most of all like civilian comforts and behaviour which can be undesirable.)

My invasion technique has been successful, orcs invade the dwarf-hold out of nowhere on deep-event and then continue to propogate and spiral outwards in scale building their dark-tower pits seeding more orcs through their animal snotling caste, though i may have just gotten lucky that humans and dwarves were too busy with elves to rush to the dwarf-holds defence since ethics balancing is still wip.
> 2. In order for there to be a ruler, there must be a procgen or custom creature with the UNIQUE_DEMON tag

Debunked for demon-less worlds. I've had a second confirmation of WORSHIP_HF, since now the caste i've assigned minus demons in w.g in the dark_fortress invasion civ has absolute control and position scope, contrasted to my previous post where it was inherited then unlocked.

In order for there to be demonic (non-minion) underlings or creatures, there must be procgen or custom creatures with the DEMON tag

Not had this substantiated for access to [PET_EXOTIC] [DEMONS]'s. A lack of demon count might mean a lack of demon fauna overall, but you could still [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_AVAILIBLE] (defeats purpose) or subterrenean chasm depth them down to the HFS possibly on the breach, the "expansion" could tickle these levels as being cavern layer 3 and below but id need to check.

A angry host of (naked? did toady give underling suprise greetings spawns armor or clothes?) underlings or otherwise might appear if you break into the underworld, and unlimited amounts of them may be down there possibly fighting or wandering, (likely procreating) around depending on their personalities like a giant mosh pit. Dont know, been busy in my modding for this system to check, would recommend sterility scripts when up close.

Still need to check whether i could connect a [LAYER_LINKED] civ to the invasion technique by having them also be [EVIL] or if the layer link mutes the underling check out. Also whether [SOURCE_HFID] in entity tokens can be linked to [POSITION:WORSHIP_HF]
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 01:43:08 pm by FantasticDorf »

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2021, 02:20:44 am »

Anyone having trouble getting invasions to take over more than one site? Mine won't do it, they just take over a fort or mountain hall and never expand, or fail to. Am I missing something?
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2021, 08:02:56 am »

Anyone having trouble getting invasions to take over more than one site? Mine won't do it, they just take over a fort or mountain hall and never expand, or fail to. Am I missing something?

Dwarves to vanilla specifications tend to go VERY HARD on retaliation, so check your legends mode that they haven't just wiped out any momentum to be re-conquered, or that you've calibrated it correctly so that the historical or non-historical figures aren't culled by certain criteria (can't breed, without the 180 some-odd non-historicals behind them of the 200 army force, the site population may be quite small)

If everyone is still in the civ with enough numbers but they aren't expanding, put in some biome-support tokens (which is important as they'll sometimes be stranded) so they can get out of the mountains and onto nearby terrain with their little pits. I've not noticed much dark-fortress market-site building personally but they should be capable when they feel comfortable to branch out away from the initial site.

- This and other things go on the inactive dark fortress civ being selected for reference.

Here are my greenskins, quite happily living in the swamps surrounding this overrun fortress.

Example exerpt
Code: [Select]
[START_BIOME:ANY_LAND]
[SETTLEMENT_BIOME:ANY_LAND]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_WETLAND:2]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:MOUNTAINS:2]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:TAIGA:1]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:TUNDRA:1]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:GLACIER:1]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:DESERT_BADLAND:3]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:DESERT_ROCK:3]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_FOREST:1]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_GRASSLAND:2]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_SAVANNA:3]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_SHRUBLAND:2]
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 08:06:59 am by FantasticDorf »

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2021, 06:06:06 pm »

Dwarves to vanilla specifications tend to go VERY HARD on retaliation, so check your legends mode that they haven't just wiped out any momentum to be re-conquered, or that you've calibrated it correctly so that the historical or non-historical figures aren't culled by certain criteria (can't breed, without the 180 some-odd non-historicals behind them of the 200 army force, the site population may be quite small)

If everyone is still in the civ with enough numbers but they aren't expanding, put in some biome-support tokens (which is important as they'll sometimes be stranded) so they can get out of the mountains and onto nearby terrain with their little pits. I've not noticed much dark-fortress market-site building personally but they should be capable when they feel comfortable to branch out away from the initial site.

- This and other things go on the inactive dark fortress civ being selected for reference.

Here are my greenskins, quite happily living in the swamps surrounding this overrun fortress.

Example exerpt
Code: [Select]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_WETLAND:2]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:MOUNTAINS:2]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:TAIGA:1]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:TUNDRA:1]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:GLACIER:1]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:DESERT_BADLAND:3]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:DESERT_ROCK:3]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_FOREST:1]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_GRASSLAND:2]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_SAVANNA:3]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_SHRUBLAND:2]

Hm, I have it set to the parameters below but they still don't expand

[DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:DARK_FORTRESS]
   [LIKES_SITE:CAVE_DETAILED]
   [TOLERATES_SITE:CITY]
   [TOLERATES_SITE:CAVE_DETAILED]
   [START_BIOME:ANY_DESERT]
   [START_BIOME:MOUNTAIN]
   [SETTLEMENT_BIOME:MOUNTAIN]
   [BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_LAND:1]
   [BIOME_SUPPORT:MOUNTAIN:1]

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2021, 06:44:01 pm »

My running theory is that the mountainfaces are actually to uninhabitable with square space of a dark pit to actually place because mountains themselves are impassable. You can branch out into open tiles around the mountain, but theres no pre-destined room to put down new settlements that wouldn't void your ground-walking creatures, which dwarves avoid this problem by A) making the cave detailed market site very small to fit within terrain, and B) actually having mountain-halls be 100% underground, which will be totally messing with your invasion force's direction of settlement.
  • You can validate mountainhalls are underground because you can't enter a mountain hall without traversing its tunnel network created simulatenously as it is founded as w.g invaders do, with zombies sweeping the fortress at the front and then eating the dwarves within the mountain, travelling underground to reach there, there will also probably be morale reasons in your Minas Tirth scenario why your hard fought invasion popping up from a mountain-hall without feeling comfortable in that enviroment may not want to actually assault a dwarf fortress to succesfully conquer it in order to get on the outside.
So for simplicitly, my greenskins like any 'open' land, and say "Yeah thats nice but no thank you" and treat the invasion exit point as a capital city of convenience without dwelling on being a mountain inhabiting species. Encourage them a bit more with more strength to the biome support and check your numbers in save xmls if you really need to.

A extreme hypothetical example is the birdman dark-pits in the mountains, they realistically might level it off into being high elevation flats, but nobody else can get up there unless they can fly. Or the documented modded amphibious/full aquatic towns of the fish-people civs like masterwork nagas, where the actual settlement is above water but movement rules dictate they can't be reached by anybody else but the bird-people and other nagas/amphibious military strategy leaders & soldiers who can simply avoid ocean pathing too.

The thought of having enemies deep inside your mountain halls accessible only by subterrenean tunnels is almost too amusing to ignore, BRB infesting the inner dwarfholds with gobins & rat-men.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 06:58:29 pm by FantasticDorf »

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2021, 04:34:51 pm »

My running theory is that the mountainfaces are actually to uninhabitable with square space of a dark pit to actually place because mountains themselves are impassable. You can branch out into open tiles around the mountain, but theres no pre-destined room to put down new settlements that wouldn't void your ground-walking creatures, which dwarves avoid this problem by A) making the cave detailed market site very small to fit within terrain, and B) actually having mountain-halls be 100% underground, which will be totally messing with your invasion force's direction of settlement.
  • You can validate mountainhalls are underground because you can't enter a mountain hall without traversing its tunnel network created simulatenously as it is founded as w.g invaders do, with zombies sweeping the fortress at the front and then eating the dwarves within the mountain, travelling underground to reach there, there will also probably be morale reasons in your Minas Tirth scenario why your hard fought invasion popping up from a mountain-hall without feeling comfortable in that enviroment may not want to actually assault a dwarf fortress to succesfully conquer it in order to get on the outside.
So for simplicitly, my greenskins like any 'open' land, and say "Yeah thats nice but no thank you" and treat the invasion exit point as a capital city of convenience without dwelling on being a mountain inhabiting species. Encourage them a bit more with more strength to the biome support and check your numbers in save xmls if you really need to.

A extreme hypothetical example is the birdman dark-pits in the mountains, they realistically might level it off into being high elevation flats, but nobody else can get up there unless they can fly. Or the documented modded amphibious/full aquatic towns of the fish-people civs like masterwork nagas, where the actual settlement is above water but movement rules dictate they can't be reached by anybody else but the bird-people and other nagas/amphibious military strategy leaders & soldiers who can simply avoid ocean pathing too.

The thought of having enemies deep inside your mountain halls accessible only by subterrenean tunnels is almost too amusing to ignore, BRB infesting the inner dwarfholds with gobins & rat-men.

Well clearly something makes them build/conquer sites, so I dunno what the problem is.

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2023, 11:17:02 am »

Lol add this to an entity and watch the world be recked with demons 🤣

[USE_CAVE_ANIMALS]
[INDOOR_FARMING]
[OUTDOOR_FARMING]
[INDOOR_GARDENS]
[OUTDOOR_GARDENS]
   [USE_EVIL_ANIMALS]
   [USE_EVIL_PLANTS]
   [USE_EVIL_WOOD]
   [BIOME_SUPPORT:ALL_MAIN:1]
   [BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_RIVER:1]
[VALUE:MARTIAL_PROWESS:50]
[VALUE:SACRIFICE:50]
[TRANSLATION:GOBLIN]
[SELECT_SYMBOL:ALL:DEATH]
[RELIGION:PANTHEON]
[RELIGION_SPHERE:DEATH]
[SPHERE_ALIGNMENT:DEATH:25600]
[LIKES_SITE:DARK_FORTRESS]
[WORLD_CONSTRUCTION:TUNNEL]
[ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_KILL:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:KILL_ENEMY:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:KILL_ENTITY_MEMBER]:ACCEPTABLE
[ETHIC:KILL_NEUTRAL:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_ANIMAL:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_SAME_RACE:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_SAPIENT:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:SLAVERY:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:TORTURE_ANIMALS:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:TORTURE_AS_EXAMPLE:ACCEPTABLE]
[ABUSE_BODIES]
[LOCAL_BANDITRY]
[MINING_UNDERWORLD_DISASTERS]

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2023, 05:24:15 am »

If I remember correcterly, I once visited a fortress which suffered a disaster as adventurer. I descended down the main staircase, but lava was raising upwards. Somewhere around -80. I wasnt carefull and burned to death and sadly didnt investigated it any further.
Pages: 1 [2]